• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Adna;
    dovev

His lips twisted down as he tried to hide it, then up as he gave up the battle and grinned at her impersonation of her sweet momma. She was an impossible little girl, wasn't she. He didn't let what she said sink into him too deeply, or he wouldn't be able to hold that smile for her.

He could never be a lovely dream.
    For Leliana or anyone else.

Her damn giggle made his heart flip, and he didn't even care. He hated her damn skin, but the colors were right and her heart was right. She was just enough of her perfect momma to please him. If only she had those incredible wings too.

He let his eyes drift closed as she kissed his jaw, as she promised not to forget him. Kids really shouldn't be so sweet. It really kind of sucked. And she asked it of him too, earning another smile and another brush of his lips, right beside her eye this time.

"I will never forget you," he promised in a whisper.

And then she had him grinning again, reflecting her childish smile as she mimicked Leliana again. Only lovely, lovely dreams, she promised. He raised his brows and looked at her heavily, his lips still tilted in a smile. "I'll hold you to that, you know."

He chuckled and drew himself to his feet, his bones aching, his skin splitting and starting to bleed again. He hardly noticed it anymore, really. So normal now. "Like a secret," he agreed. "Your only secret from your momma, though. No others." Then he nodded at her, but mostly to himself. She was a good girl. Maybe a fighter one day, but with enough of Leliana's deep love to make her life so meaningful.

"Find me if you or your momma ever need me, or any kind of help, really," he told her over his shoulder as he turned to leave. He'd do anything for Leliana's family. His chest tightened at this last part, hating it. He let it out anyway, forced it through a tight mouth and a hard stare. "Or your daddy." His voice got colder, couldn't hold back all the negative emotions that came with thinking about the guy. The man could deal with his own problems.

With a last measured look over her, Dovev turned and left.

we're slaves to any semblance of touch

Lord, we should quit but we love it too much