• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ah. Hm. Assistance, please?
    Hello, ladies. I have discovered a complicated discrepency that needs remedying.

I gave the lovely Malis regenerative healing as a reward for her delightful participation in the toybox quest. It was entered into the database correctly, but when trait genetics were rolled it was put in as Regeneration. Which is, as it happens, a completely different trait that involves Doctor Who style regeneration. Firstly, this impacts her trait genetics code, which should be tegteg [REGENERATIVE HEALING][horns*][panther shifting][shapeshifting wings][immortality]. Secondly, this impacts...um, all of her foals but like...one, for whom it mutated into one-time regeneration. And one who doesn’t carry. SO. I suspect the following should all express regenerative healing (see Alight, whose teg says [REGENERATION] and whose trait is Regenerative Healing).

- Decimate (MALE) Indigo with celestial stockings - Player: Toli - Breed: Anglo-Arabian Hybrid - GeneticTraits: Regeneration - TraitGenetics: tegteg [REGENERATION][pyrokinesis] - Other: Twin to Atria

- Lupine (MALE) Indigo, will fade to blue-gray - Player: Insane - Breed: Hybrid - GeneticTraits: Regeneration - TraitGenetics: tegteg [REGENERATION][wings][invisibility][immortality]

- Alight (FEMALE) Palomino with indigo mane/tail - Player: Berber - Breed: Abstang Hybrid - GeneticTraits: Fire wings, Regenerative healing - ColorGenetics: ee/aa/nCr/nZ - TraitGenetics: tegteg [FIRE WINGS][REGENERATION][shapeshifting wings][invisibility][krampus physiology]

- Ivy (FEMALE) Bay with indigo points - Player: Laura - Breed: Hybrid - GeneticTraits: Regeneration - ColorGenetics: Ee/Aa - TraitGenetics: tegteg [REGENERATION][panther shifting] - Other: Triplet to Noble and Knight

And I suspect the following should all carry regenerative healing instead of regeneration.

- Ivo (MALE) Bay with indigo points - Player: Call - Breed: Hybrid - ColorGenetics: Ee/Aa - TraitGenetics: tegteg [regeneration] [shapeshifitng wings] [immortality]

- Knight (MALE) Mulberry - Player: Call - Breed: Hybrid - TraitGenetics: TEGteg [IMMORTALITY][regeneration][panther shifting] - Other: Triplet to Noble and Ivy

- Roque (MALE) Bay with indigo points - Player: Jenger - Breed: Hybrid - ColorGenetics: Ee/Aa - TraitGenetics: tegteg [regeneration] [immortality] - Other: Twin to Milia

- Milia (FEMALE) Black with indigo streaks in mane/tail - Player: Jenger - Breed: Hybrid - ColorGenetics: Ee/aa - TraitGenetics: TEGteg [REGENERATION] [panther shifting] - Other: Twin to Roque

- Noble (FEMALE) Royal purple - Player: Jenger - Breed: Hybrid - TraitGenetics: TEGteg [IMMORTALITY][regeneration] - Other: Triplet to Ivy and Knight

As far as I know, it has up until this point been assumed that the trait that was inherited was the same regenerative healing I so graciously granted her years ago. I have seen no mention of it mutating into regeneration, either. However I didn't want to post it as an update and assume anything without giving you lovely officers a chance to discuss how it should be handled. I have checked her entire reverse pedigree, and this is the extent of the confusion - no other generation inherited the original form of the trait. Thank you for your attention to this...rather complicated matter. If you need any further input from me with regards to the topic at hand, do please let me know.

Ever yours,
    Grumblesnakes
    Since it was Malis's error when posting for trait genetics (it's not our responsibility to cross-check what's posted in trait genetics with the database), we'll change her teg, but this won't impact the foals -- we'll assume those who inherited regeneration received a mutated form.