• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; Valdis + Wolfbane
    ”Empress of divine chaos? I like that.” It’s said with an overly condescending nod, but there is a grin to match his before I turn away. He’d be pleased to know that I am, in fact, freezing. He’d be less pleased to know that I intend to shake the last bit of now-chilled water on him as he passes by. 

I’d told Valdis I’d be gone for only a moment, and while that moment had become longer when Wolfbane had found me, the dawn is still barely breaking over the horizon when I lead the striped king to where she is waiting. 

”We’re going back to Hyaline now,” I tell the piebald filly. I glance back over my shoulder at Wolfbane, and shake out the remaining water in the wing nearest him. 

”I’ll introduce you to Castile another time.” There’s the briefest pause, as though I reconsidering the offer I’ve just made, but all I add is: ”If your mothers will let you leave.” They might not, after this little adventure, but I mean to make it clear to the girl - to my cousin - that I don’t intend to break that promise. 

”This is Wolfbane,” I add, my navy nose turning back toward the white haired stallion for a moment. ”He’ll be going back with us.”

@[Valdis]
    @[Wolfbane]

okay timelines have successfully converged ??