• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma)
    "That is... quite disappointing," Aten remarked when Ilma put in her own two cents about Sylva's current state. "I do remember a time when it was a somewhat pleasant place to live, at least. I cannot speak of it much, but at least it wasn't as... dark, as you make it sound now."

Ilma, subtly, then inquired if Aten was looking for a fresh start. Which, truth be told, he had considered, but not heavily. He had spent such a long time out here in the Forest it only felt natural to retreat into its seclusion when the night sky was painted black and the night predators came out for their evening meals. He felt somewhat of a thrill when he managed to evade their detection despite the brightness of his golden coat against the dark backdrop of the trees, but, as of lately, he'd  begun feeling something he hadn't since he'd been separated from his sister.

Dare he say it, he was feeling... lonely...

But was he ready for a fresh start when the wounds of Taiga's destruction on his heart were still trying to heal? But Ilma did make her home sound appealing, along with the others... but which one would be right for him? Would he feel at home at any one of them, after he'd lost everything?

Maybe he could... if Ilma was kind enough... he'd feel more secure in a new place if he perhaps had a potential friend to guide him... but he wouldn't overstep his boundaries yet... he had to ease into it without making Ilma think he was overly eager since he still didn't think he was ready yet.

"I've... considered having a fresh start, but I have not yet found any of the kingdoms... suitable, for me, based on what I've heard before I met you. Any... do you have any sort of a recommendation, for one I should investigate before I make my choice?" he questioned her, silently waiting in anticipation for what advice she might have to give.

@[Ilma]

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The moon-coloured mare nod a bit, almost unseen, when Aten says Sylva sounds disappointing. "I don't know. Maybe it'll change. But I have a feeling that if it does, it will be more like Loess is now, not as pleasant as it was before. But still, that's better than currently, or, a short time before that actually." she frowns, then shakes her head. Why's she talking about a kingdom that has recently changed leadership at all? She can't inform him on it much.

She looks at him, wondering. He seemed friendly. Could be a good friend, she estimated, and perhaps she had the wrong idea, but he seemed like the silent-guardian-type to her. So when he says he is indeed looking for a new place, she's not all too surprised.

"You don't strike me as one for a Sisterhood, but the Brotherhood may be a fit. If it isn't, well, Hyaline could use a few more guardians on her border - or diplomats to help recruit some." she offers. In one sentence, that was about what she felt would be right for him, based on a first impression. The hesitancy in not even wanting to ask something as big as this kind of judgment from her, marked him modest to her, too. So she would stick by either Ischia or Hyaline, indeed.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Aten] sorry it's a bit short
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Well, if there was one good thing to come out of this whole situation, it's that Ilma had helped Aten narrow down his choices to see which one he'd like to go to if he wanted a new home. Two good things, if perhaps after all this was settled, Aten was lucky enough to be able to call Ilma his friend. But he'd ask her about that later; right now, he had to offer something before she began wondering if he was lost in his thoughts.

Hyaline and Ischia were the two choices Ilma mentioned, both of which somewhat appeased Aten. He'd paid a visit to Hyaline before, not finding the kingdom to entirely fit his idea of a home, but a pleasant place nonetheless. He hadn't really paid attention to Ischia yet, so figured it would be good at least pay a visit there, see what it would be like, before settling on Hyalina.

Eyes still focused on the mare, the golden stallion spoke again, "I would like to visit Ischia first, before I make another trip to Hyaline. I hadn't paid much attention to Ischia before, so I'd like to see what that place is like. Would you like to accompany me, to tell me a little more about it, or would you prefer to be on your way and attend to tasks for your kingdom?" he questioned, silently hoping she'd agree to come with him so he could get to know her a bit more.

@[Ilma] It's all right, seems like we are getting to the tail end of the post anyways. No need to worry how short it is

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Ilma had escaped her kingdom’s boundaries for today to be distracted, and honestly she finds herself repeating her duties just now, recruiting for her own or her allied kingdom, and while she’s at it she supposes she can continue doing just that.

Her tail swishes thoughtlessly as she looks at the sky to estimate how long a trip to Ischia will take from now on, then she nods. ”Sure. I haven’t been there for some time, it should be good to show up every now or then. We’d be such bad friends to them if no-one ever visited.” she smiles. Perhaps they’ll only reach the place by nightfall, but she has been told that is the prettiest moment in Ischia, because of the bioluminescent plankton. Besides, the moon on the lake is pretty, so it must also be so on the sea. She can fly home the next morning, or just travel to the meadow at night and stay there till morning. Who knows, she may find someone else there that befits the mountain kingdom.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Aten] I’ll make a new thread for you in Ischia if you like?
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time