• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

NOTICE TO SYLVAN MEMBERS
    Arthas was the champion of Loess, he followed under Wolfbane and backed him up in every way. There has been a large change in rulers all across beqanna, and there was about to be another. It was no secret that Sylva has grown quiet since the loss of Morty, was the new queen even relevant?

Wolfbane took a leave of absence and with it Arthas stepped up, now that Bane was back Arthas was itching to rule again. It was finally time, for Arthas to take what he wants. He moved from Loess and made his was through the densly wooded kingdom. it was quiet, almost as if it was abandoned by all signs of life. It was a waste to have a kingdom go stale like this. 

He finds himself in the heart of the kingdom and a whinny echoes throughout. He does not wait for others, he only yells out his announcement Sylva residents! This is your official notice of a new ruler! Me! He snorted and scanned awaiting others to appear after the news. This will only make Sylva stronger in the end, he was taking over.

OOC: Permission was granted for takeover

Silence—it filled these lands.

The stillness had consumed them all, making them ghosts of the haunted autumn forest now. The disappearance of those who had sworn their allegiance to their demon queen had shown their true colors. Even their own queen had abandoned them. Fickle creatures they were—useless and utter disappointment.

But the hound had remained.

The forest had become his terrain, these trees were his to claim and do as he pleased. So when the unfamiliar stallion enters he knows, the scent is obviously that of another place. It reeks of it. But it is not the smell of just Loess. The dappled stallion stinks of power and greed.

He follows the dappled stallion through the woods, circling him as he goes towards the heart of the kingdom. The shadows conceal him, but he doesn’t need to hide himself. The dappled stallion calls them all out as if there are ears to hear him—there are.

The hound is here.

The black beast moves forward, approaching the dappled stallion from behind. A wolfish grin grows across his jawline with ease, revealing his sharp canine teeth.

“Well, well,” he coos softly, “You think waltzing just right in will give you the crown like that?”

Sinner eyes him with red and gold flecked eyes. He circles him slowly, carefully keeping himself at a distance in case there would be trouble. “Sylva is not yours to claim.” It is MINE! He thinks to himself as his grin grows wider and more sinister.

“Go home, boy.”

It was a command. He takes a step forward, indicating he is not here to play games.
    character info: here | character reference: here
    Note: Sinner is within his hellhound form forget to indicate that. I also wanted to mention that it isn’t my interest for him to actually try and challenge Arthas. More of a sudden IC thing for Sinner that came to me lol Though he might be persuaded to maybe accept Arthas Wink Just wanted to add more to the drama of things hehe
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

Arthas had given me sanctuary, genuine affection, and my firstborn daughter. Now it was time to return the favor in the form of physical support.

I’m not a fighter of any sort. This much is evident in the sway of my rounded hips and the hitch of my felid step; not a scratch mars my otherwise perfect hide, blended as it is into the mute colors of the Sylvian forest. I am fodder for men and their appetites - it’s what I do - but once Wolfbane had sent up the call I knew better than to resist or stay at home where I belonged. “And will you make him go, cur?” I pipe up in the way of introduction, slipping through the knots of tangled wood to join my gray mate at his side.

Gently, gently I tremble. Whatever creature hunches before me is unnatural in form and size, but I lend my trust to the strength of Loess and hold my ground all the same. “One bite of his skin might convince you otherwise.” I hint, no-so-subtly, for Loess’ champion is nothing but adept at holding his own. “You would rather this land fall to waste, or be taken back by the forces beyond our powers?” I reason shakily, glancing sidelong to the dappled stallion beside me before glaring back at the Hellhound.

It was common knowledge that Beqanna swallowed what we, her inhabitants, did not respect. Taiga and Pangea should be warning enough. “I would think a late Sylvian like yourself could see the benefits of milking a power where two Kingdoms are made as one. Modicum did, and neither allies nor threats could stop him …” I drop off, breathless from the rush of adrenaline this tentative standoff has created.

@[Arthas] @[Sinner] Rey is not keen to be eaten and her gonads are very smoll, but she tries lol
    it was a blood-soaked feast
    that never ceased
    Quiet, maybe, but not gone.

Perhaps that idea alone (the forest is quiet, so it is free for the taking) will be their undoing.

The sight of the hound does not perturb Maugrim. He had brought the creature here from the field and he is not surprised that the beast lingers in the shadow and darkness just as he has; possibly more alike than the two are different. A hunter, a predator - Maugrim watches as the hound circles the dappled stallion, trailing them almost lazily as the drowned god picks his way through the damp undergrowth of the forest, drawing whatever moisture in the air to himself, cradling it against the smoothness of his evergreen and milky skin.

Maugrim’s black eyes tear away from both Sinner and the stallion (who has only labeled himself as ‘me’), with which the announcement’s reply is only a amused snort. There is no sign of cunning or calculation in these stranger’s steps, especially when the delightful scent of a woman trickles across the thin, autumnal air. One ear is trained on Sinner and his companion, while his eyes come to focus on the pale green woman that comes to step beside the other stallion - to support him.

She quakes (barely, gently...almost as if the cold has gotten to her supple flesh), but Maugrim recognizes the shiver for what it is. A grin - slow in its formation - ripples across cracked, pale lips as he steps forward from the shadow, coming up from behind both the woman and the strange man. Maugrim halts beside the woman’s haunch, his shoulder nearly against the smoothness of her flank - the warmth of her skin permeating through the air and gently caressing the dark green of his coat.

“You know what haunts this forest,” he muses, sparkling black eyes flickering across her back and then up to the hellhound, a simple hum in his throat. He ignores all talk of politics for the time being - rulers come and go, while those with the true power always remain constant. They could claim Sylva if that is what they truly wish… “So you must be aware that you are claiming more than just a forest with this endeavor. Is it worth it?” His voice is slow and calculating as his neck stretches forward as if to brush the dryness of his lips against her skin, but he refrains. Between himself and Sinner and these strangers, he knows which duo would come out unscathed in a fight of strength and sheer cunning.

There are monsters here and they do not submit to command and order. Only power.

“Tread lightly,” he muses, “or you will find your kingdom with more power than can be controlled.” Maugrim smiles lazily - a threat, perhaps, but also a warning.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Arthas] @[Sinner] @[Rey]
    Maugrim finds Rey simply delightful Wink
    The wicked laughter that wants to fly from my throat like a startled murder of crows remains tightly secure.  For now.  I won’t be able to hold it back forever.  I’m pretty sure everyone know this by now.  

My time spent in Sylva has done little to hinder my gaudy, vibrant nature, and if anything the dull silence has made it worsen.  Worsen? No, no.  It’s better, definitely better.  There’s nothing wrong with me after all, I’m just living my life the most interesting way possible.

These thoughts scatter however with a gentle shrug of my golden sheen shoulder, and the quickly ensuing pitter patter of voices worming their ugly little heads into my ears.  Voices, voices, I know them well.  But they continue, despite my best attempt to ignore them;  I don’t always listen to the all the voices, mind you.  But these other ones, they carry on.  And with nothing better to do today, I break through the fiery limbs of the forest to behold a quad of various equine bodies.  There’s Swampy, and a Wolfie, and an Arthas, oh my!  I remember him from when I first came to Sylva, and then my failed attempt at diplomacy in Loess.  Oh well, not my deepest, darkest, desire and aspiration in life I suppose.  No worries, now rest assured, there is plenty else for me to get my pretty little hooves into.

I’m not sure if they know it, but Sibella is there too.  Haide has noticed her, silent in the treeline, craftily weaving a shadow golem reminiscent of the houndish Wolfie that loosely turned about the bold grey stallion and pretty green thing that Swampy seems to found interest in.  I watch for a moment, or maybe two or three, or 73 even.  Moving into the openness of the clearing that stood within, but only  after the wolfish shadow mass that lacked eyes or ears and puppeteered by Sibella had stalked out first.  I slink fluidly past the puppet as it stills in front of the invasive pair, its mouth slightly ajar in a silent snarl.

I cannot help the childish giggle that finally escapes the containment of my vocal chords, only stopping within the dappled stallion’s personal space (personal space? I do not understand this concept, I’m surprised I even know it is a thing at all).  My dial had first inclined to one side, as the black null voids of my eyes rolled silently in my head in studious appraisal, and now it tips even deeper to the other side, my namesake impish grin spreading eerily wide across my face.

”And what exactly, is to be expected of us?”  Expectations—they are easily formulated and said, and not as easily upheld and policed.  Certainly, for his boldness in claiming Sylva for his own, and knowing what kind of creatures it held, there had to be a reasoning behind such a move.  I may be psychotic, but I’m not stupid, I’ll have you know.

@[Arthas] @[Rey] @[Maugrim] Found a snippet of Jack muse for this special occasion XD
    His presence did not go unnoticed for long, no sooner than when he finished was the hellhound he met once before infront of him. By the tone of the hound it was as if he took Arthas for a joke, the dappled stallion flicked his ears closer to the dome of his head. He does not expect full compliance, but he would not allow Sylva to go to waste any longer.

The hellhound told Arthas to go home and before he could speak the green mare he shared a child with appeared. He had barely seen her since Mary was born and though he found himself curious of her whereabouts he was glad to see her. She noted Arthas acid pelt, a secret he kept from most. His pelt was visibly glistening, the layer of acid he created on his trek through the wooded kingdom. Rey went on to note the plans of Sylva, combining it with Loess, creating a strength that the other kingsoms will cower over.  

Once again they are joined by another, this equine was also no stranger to Arthas. In fact Arthas met Maugrim the same time he met Sinner. The dapple stag watched as Maugrim places himself beside Rey, his eyes narrowed in but his demeanor did not change. Maugrim went on, in an attempt to scare (or perhaps warn) them of the powers in Sylva. Arthas was no idiot, he knew the powers and creatures that called Sylva home. There powers have been sitting and wasting away, there new queen has done nothing with them, a true shame.

He can hear another approaching, but his head does not turn until he can feel another. When his gaze shifts he spots the golden mare Jackel, they had met previously and she perhaps had the best outcome out of the three Sylvan members. She asks what is expected of the Sylvans, he finally found a moment of silence to speak.

I am glad to see that you three lingered in Sylva even though your "queen" abandoned you. He snorts at the thought of a weak ruler. I came to claim Sylva, only to make it a stronger kingdom. We will hold an alliance with Loess, we will be free to travel through Loess as they through Sylva. Loess is a kingdom for hire, essentially we will do the dirty work that the other kingdoms do not want to get there hands dirty with.  Together we will be feared amongst beqanna, no kingdoms will be able to defeat us. And most importantly, I will never abandon you He finishes speaking, he gazes around to gauge there expressions, hoping that they will accept him as there king.

@[Rey] @[Maugrim] @[Jackel]
    @[Sinner]

The hound is not surprised by the second of another from the dappled stallion’s kingdom. One by one they would come to lay claim to the place he has called home. When there is the possibility of power they will come to take it, but it is not the fight often think about.

Sinner smirks at the pale green mare’s words. There is something in the way she holds herself; using her own strengths for something he does not know for (or at least yet). “Ah yes,” he knows well about the powers outside of their own control. Such things formed the hellhound himself and even the very dirt of Pangea is where he had been born. He is everything of unnatural, just as those within Sylva are.

The familiar stallion then steps out from the darkness. A sinister smirk grows wider across his jawline. He knew without out a doubt he would not be alone. Maugrim is a sight for sore eyes, especially since he has spent little time with his own recruiter after coming to Sylva. “So good to see you have joined us,” he greets the other Sylvian with the warmest of greetings he could muster but it’s little to nothing than the way he greets anyone. Still, he is pleased to see the drowned god again.

The hound lets out a soft snicker at his comrades words. There is truth in every word he says.  They do not know what we are capable of. Their power is beyond their own imagination.

And then a third comes out into the darkness.

He is pleased to see their numbers growing. The very words of the drowned god do not lie. They come together when needed, all of them share something even if their loyalty lies to different things, but it is the darkness they can find mutual agreement in.

Sinner’s red-yellow glowing eyes turn back to the mare. “Perhaps we could come to some sort of agreement.” After all, he would not simply let an outsider come and dictate what would be done so easily. Arthas and him may have only met once, but it still weighed nothing to the hound. There was more to had here then accepting him.

The black beast wonders what else is to be expected of them. What will these outsiders want in return for allowing them to come and rule their land? Their service no less, but some of them are not so easily swayed by promises of position and such. The idea for holding such a position seemed almost enticing for Sinner, but he wanted more than that. He wanted chaos, destruction, and blood.

He listens with every word Arthas states. The promises he can fulfill as their leader sound promising, but Sinner is not so easily trusting of a leader’s words. He has seen two leaders already abandoned their positions, careless and clearly not suitable for such things.

“Of course you will never abandon us,” he mocks the words of the dappled stallion. Fickle promises that would mean nothing. However, he wishes to make more of what the dappled stallion ensures. “You will need one of us as well,” it is already clear he means himself, “To ensure you stick to your word and that our interest as well are aligned, a second in command will be placed that will rule in your absence. Think of it as your personal advisor and the voice of us remaining Sylvians if you will too.”

He pauses for a moment, allowing his words to sink in.

“I will accept that position myself,” he adds finally.

OOC: AHH! I'm so silly, I forgot he had met Arthas D: Feel free to accept his offer or not, no hard feelings, Sinner might just have more of a harder time of accepting Arthas XD
    @[Rey] @[Maugrim] @[Jackel] @[Arthas]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    Most likely always in his hellhound form
    titus
    one day it's here and then it's gone,
    how are you still holding on?
    While he is still young and learning about the world around him, he is eager to make a name for himself. So, when Wolfbane calls the arms together, he answers the task. He makes his way towards the unfamiliar charted land called Sylva.

Titus is not surprised by the arrival to find a group of Loess and Sylva members together. If he knew anything about living and serving within a kingdom, there would be those that stood united and against. Then that meant the possible trouble and the young boy would be glad to shed a bit of blood. However, he doesn't going reckless into the heart of the land like an idiot might who knows nothing. No, Titus is more well-mannered and keeps his composure until the moment is right.

The winged boy makes his way to the group of horses. He stands within distance to Arthas and Rey, giving them the support they may need. However, this unfamiliar green and white stallion, seems t make himself comfortable near Rey. It’s rather disheartening he missed something good, but Titus doesn't dare make a comment on it. The stallion seemed rather unpleasant as well.

“I hope I didn’t miss too much,” he greets them all with a wide grin growing ear to ear. Perhaps he is too excited for the takeover himself, but Titus was brand new to all this sort of trouble his home was creating now. He supposes he better wait and see how everything unfolds.
    son of rome and porcia
    male, classic champagne appaloosa, ocelot-shifting, wings

Rey

Receptive is not the word I would use to describe this interaction between Loess and Sylva’s forgotten refuse. I can’t blame them - their plight is one for the lesson books - and their ferocity to keep their homeland is admirable at best but still, I cannot quell the shiver of absolute dread that seizes me when the colorfully green spotted stallion disturbs us from behind.

“You mistake Loess and Arthas’ intentions.” I bite back to his warning, “Control is for lesser beasts. Are you a lesser creature?” I ask him rhetorically, emboldened enough by the arrival of others to swat my tail against his chest and lower my ears, one back hoof cocked in a silent warning.

Too brave sometimes for my own good.

Arthas speaks again, clearly eager to be done with necessities and I lower my head to listen and watch, eyes widening at Sinner’s proposal. Well, not a proposal … more of a demand but still, there seems to be a sliver of reason to his request. It’s an olive branch, or close as we’re going to get to one, so I only glance between his glowing eyes and Arthas’ stoic face to see if the once Champion of Loess will accept.

We are three to three, a quick smile and knowing wink thrown to Titus in a way of greeting, and I feel a sense of calm where once there was uncertainty. This could work - it would work - and soon enough Sylva would rear her head with pride, not empty threats and ghost stories.

don't go screaming if I blow you with a bang

Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

In the wake of the Ice Fairy's wrath - blessed, blessed wrath - I am nearly incoherent. The pain of the slash across the entirety of my face booms with the voice of ten thousand warriors, bleeds with the force of the broadest river. The tears that mix with the ruddy liquid are from pain, yes, but from something else too: joy. Gratitude. Exhaustion - one born from a journey long fought but, in the end, won.

I don't even think as I race down the icy mountain, falling multiple times in my haste to be with her once more. I don't even think as I reach it's base and bolt north-west. I don't even think as the snows of winter dissolve into a strange autumn, suspended around me by some kind of magic. In the full-throttle dash that is my need to reunite with Solace, the politics of this damned continent fall off the thin plateau that is my consciousness. As I crash through Sylva, my thoughts pertain to nothing except her.

But then - voices. More than I've heard gathered in one place for some time.

I stop mid-run as I realize what I've stumbled onto the edge of. I am glad to see that you three lingered in Sylva even though your "queen" abandoned you. I came to claim Sylva, only to make it a stronger kingdom. We will hold an alliance with Loess, we will be free to travel through Loess as they through Sylva. Loess is a kingdom for hire, essentially we will do the dirty work that the other kingdoms do not want to get there hands dirty with.  Together we will be feared amongst beqanna, no kingdoms will be able to defeat us. And most importantly, I will never abandon you. I frown as the speech continues, but by it's end, I know who speaks: Arthas. Failed king of Loess.

Heart in my throat, I just recognize other voices chiming in with their own thoughts, most not exactly supportive, but not offensive enough to ensure an unsuccessful takeover. As a breeze rustles against me, I realize that it blows my scent towards the group of angry Sylvans. Fearful and confused and utterly derailed from my original purpose - to reunite with my wife, to show her the sacrifice I made for the longevity of her life - I squeeze my eyes shut, and am gone.

Dreamt back to Hyaline.

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver