• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Create, explore, expand, conquer || Breckin ||

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Home again, home again, jiggity jig. Bane thinks to himself, drifting down from the sky where he loops in lazy, endless circles of flight. The ache of Wishbone’s loss still stings - Nerine’s borders seem so close from where he hovers - but he needs to escape, needs to forget …

So the River opens up her shores and he touches down, on brittle autumn grass that seems untouched by hoof or paw. The roar of the mighty water is close at hand, if he quiets his breathing the striped drake can hear it not far off, so he sets a path towards the northeastern shore and keeps the winding ribbon behind him. Some might find it uncanny for a winged horse to walk anywhere, but for Wolfbane it quiets the tumult of thoughts in his mind.

He’s lost in a sort of trance as he plods along, neither worried or rushed, but a familiar scent catches his attention all the same and for an instant he halts, blue mouth pointed up while he flares wide nostrils for a better trail. “Breckin?” He calls out, unable to see her anywhere close by but hoping that his voice will reach her anyways. The spotted mare’s particular aroma seems fresh enough, but for all he can guess she might be moving at a quicker speed.

Damn useless legs. He thinks, huffing with protest but picking up a swift trot in hopes of catching her alluring silhouette on the nearby horizon.

WOLFBANE

@[Breckin]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide

The roots of wandering would forever wind deeply within her, causing the mare an unsettled and blissful plague of inability to rest in one spot for longer than perhaps three days.  Nerine may be her domain, or committence, her inheritance, but every so often, she just had to get out, whether it be for matters of the kingdom or preserving her sanity, or both really.  Hadn’t they become nearly the same thing?

With the crown of Nerine shifting hands and falling upon her head, she’d been left to pick off where Wishbone had left off. Tending to affairs small and large alike, but the clarity of her mind was becoming a bare necessity, so her wanderings helped remedy any encroaching ill thoughts that tended to hinder her thinking.  In spite of her best efforts, she couldn’t seem to shake the one stallion who seemed to cross her mind daily, wondering what he was up to, if he’d ever want to see her again, if he’d ever change his mind.  She had loved him, still did if she was honest with herself.  But no amount of wandering seemed to disrupt the lingering thoughts and endless questions that his memory haunted her with.

Today her ambitions of distraction served as a means to cross the Nerinian borders, journeying into the common land that the winding river pierced the heart of.  She’d set a brisk pace, basking in the lazy warmth of autumn’s sun upon her speckled back, eyes drifting upward every so often, and a smile softened her features as she watched a pegasus swirl gracefully amidst the endless blue.  She wondered, not for the first time, what it would be like to feel the sensation of flight.

Losing herself in quiet thoughts, she carried on further, until a familiar voice calling her name stilled the fluid movement of her thoughts and body alike.  The infiltration of a bad memory jolts her heart rate to pick up in speed; the last time this had happened, it had been Leilan calling her name and she’d gone, only to be served with such a verbal lashing it had nearly broken her entirely.  But the voice had not been his, nor had her name been called with the heated weight of anger behind it, no , this was a different voice she had become familiar with.

The telltale sign of emotional heaviness building behind her eyes is indication enough that someone is heading in her direction, and the shift of winds tousling her feather laced mane carries his scent upon them.  The corners of her dark mouth tilt upward as his presence grows stronger, and she waits idly by as he comes into view.

”Wolfbane.”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

“What a sight for sore eyes,” He replies cheekily, as the sound of his name rolls off her honeyed tongue, “no gilded cage can keep you, huh?” The Loessian pegasus chuckles, the memory of their last encounter still fresh in his mind. He’d wanted more - at the time it had seemed she might have wanted the same - and then life happened. Against all odds he considers this a second chance (this seems to be the theme of his grand return) but all the same he keeps a respectful distance, fire sparking to life in his wild eyes.

“I suppose a congratulations is in order.” The drake hums, one octave above a throaty purr, knowing already of her ascension to Nerine’s throne because that exact occurrence had been the reason for him to fly his respective coop. “Khaleesi Breckin,” the striped male formally calls her before dipping into a brief bow, “it has a ring to it.”

For a moment the mirth and easy familiarity of their first meeting washes over him; Bane is all too quickly reminded of how enraptured he’d been with her quirky sensibilities and ‘experiments’. He wonders if she ever came to a conclusion, and then he wonders if she’d make him her test subject again. The pirate Lord is all too eager for a distraction. “How’re you holding up?” He finally asks, settling comfortable alongside the spotted dame while allowing for sincerity to douse his otherwise impish look.

WOLFBANE

@[Breckin] this is just what he needed <3

Breckin

“Never for long, try as some might to keep me for their own,” she says equally as cheeky, now turning directly to face him.  Nerine is the closest thing to a cage the dotted woman would like to know, using cage as the loosest possible description of her homeland she would care to use.  She’d found new life and freedom there, and in turn had committed herself to its kingdom council, rewriting time and time again what she thought she had already known of herself.

The mischievous spark that brightens his eyes draws her gaze, inspiring the easily recalled memory of their meeting to overshadow the last bits of her previous ambling thoughts.  It influences her own smile to turn a degree more mischievious, watching amusedly as he descends into a brief bow.  “And I suppose a welcome back is in order, King Wolfbane,” she responds fluidly, lowering into a similarly reflected gesture.

How’re you holding up?

An innocent enough question, but it does little to stop her brown eyes from darkening slightly; it felt like a loaded question.  Could he tell how tumultuous her thoughts and emotions had become lately?  Was she not hiding it well enough?

The lingering questions are rapidly cast aside in favor of studying the handsome lines of his face when he draws nearer.  “I’m coping,” she says softly at last, shifting enough to delicately lean into his side.  It’s an action she doesn’t take lightly, not being one to favor physical touch without allowing another to pass certain other boundaries first.  But not so long ago she’d been close to feeling his warmth, and today she can’t stop the magnetized pull between his stripes that so nicely contrasted her spots.

”How are you doing?” she asks, using her telekinetic graces to absentmindedly pick a stray leaf out of his downy wing.  The dull ache driving between her eyes had only grown in intensity the closer he had come, understanding all too well that heavy emotions trailed him from his past.  Breckin could make an educated guess, that perhaps much of it had to do with Wishbone’s sudden departure, knowing that the two of them had been close.  But still, she doesn’t allow herself to search for the images that plague him, instead lapsing into an easy silence, unable to hide the growing impulses in her deep eyes.

@[Wolfbane] they are so fun together I can't stand it :|

WOLFBANE

There’s no mistaking Breckin’s tense shift of emotion, subtle as it may be. “Idiot.” Wolfbane chides himself, internally. Moments ago he had her; all was well in the world. Something about his mouth and attracting trouble … honestly he should stick a hoof right in the gaping hole to shut himself up. All the same his newfound companion is forgiving of the misstep, so much so that the warmth of her spotted shoulder tucking against his side rouses a surprised, if not grateful, heat to his gaze.

Silently, Bane remedies the slip up by adjusting his wing - hiking the pale appendage upwards a bit so that it might rest lightly over the subtle curve of her withers - giving her the needed support without questioning the reasoning behind it. “Only a fool would.” He knows; Breckin is a rare entity who could choose the comfort of any passerby. Lucky that he came across her when he did. “I try not to think about myself too much.” He admits through tightly clenched fangs, “Not when there seems to be so many others to worry for.”

Still, he can’t stop the unbidden thought that Wishbone had made her choice, nor can he quell the sudden bought of disappointment that it hadn’t been them she chose: Himself and Nerine. “No one’s giving you any trouble, are they?” The brutish stallion growls playfully into her ear, returning the favor of her touch-free grooming by working gently on the chords of her mane with his blue mouth. “I’d hate for Nerine to lose a single, precious resident but I admit … for you and your continued happiness it’d be worth it.”

No need to mention he’d enjoy squashing any opposition to her rule, no need at all.

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Breckin] I can stand it just fine; give me m o r e Tongue
    The moments pass by, and she is contented by his presence alone, and the easily familiarity between them that both seem to be quick to pick up on.  He had willingly received her along his striped side, making just enough room beneath his wing to placate her advances.  She hadn’t thought he would object, but still, the simple gesture had stoked the embers of something still burning.  It caused a subtle heat to rise within her; the mirrored image of the fire alighting in his own wild eyes.

It crosses her mind, after he responds to her inquiry,  to show him the glimpse she had caught that day when Scorch had sought her out.  The glimpse of Wishbone is easily recalled, having viewed it repetitively on her own.  Breckin had received it when he had first touched the hollowed, ancient bones once seemingly lost to time, but in their new life had served as a means to communicate the Leviathans next khaleesi.  She had brushed her lips over them carefully and her mind had been met with an emotion ridden visual of the former queen at work with her boney medium.  That day she had felt guilt and sadness as she had compiled the structure, but these emotions were greatly overshadowed by a pervading sense of peace and determination. 

The residual memory had given Breckin enough peace of mind to accept her new role, having known that Wishbone hadn’t been forced out of Nerine against her own will.  But for the sake of Wolfbane, she is not confident if the images would remedy or worsen his carefully guarded feelings and that uncertainty is enough to keep her from even offering him to view it.

“None thus far.”

The rumble of his voice so close to her ear begins to loosen the tightly wound inhibitions the past few months had seemed to harbor.  And all too quickly she realizes how deep the waters had become they were beginning to swim.  There is a basic stubbornness in the way she leans marginally away from his side now, unwilling to completely let go of their lighthearted yet desire ridden fun.  The darkness of her eyes return towards their inquisitive, mischievous nature, glancing at him sideways.

“Did you know our last experiment was deemed inconclusive? And I’m nearly certain it was definitely your fault.”  Falling to silence, she grazes her charcoal lips over the deep line of his chest, “So I can’t help but wonder, how you plan to revise it?”

@[Wolfbane] phone post so sorry for and typos or weird wording! Lol

WOLFBANE

Who’s to say what the echoes of Wishbone’s last moments might have done for him … perhaps in time they could’ve brought a sense of peace, while in the present they might have disturbed his sleep and certainly upset the gentle, unlabeled relationship that was blossoming here, now. It still wouldn’t give answer to the myriad questions of why that are disturbing enough for Bane. He can only wish emptily that the whiskey-colored mare had at least come to him for a goodbye; certainly he thinks himself worth that, at least.

“Good.” He contemplates in silent response to the knabstrup's answer, expecting nothing less really. Clearly she was a mare grown with her own set of means, not looking for a white knight to solve her problems for her. The Leviathan way through and through. That same spark of rebellious independence (his achilles heel when it came to the opposite gender, sadly) glints in her dark eyes as she shifts away, but he doesn’t protest or offer to draw her back with the curve of his wing.

Wolfbane enjoys watching Breckin come alive; even more so that he should be the reason for it. “Seems as if I’m indebted to you.” The drake hums, husky with a newfound desire, “Firstly I’d like to beg your forgiveness -” His breath hitches, skin tingling where she trails lines of fire over his chest, “- and secondly I’d like to formally annoy you, not just randomly happen across you in the common lands or my home.”

Now he does reach for her again, bold as only a young, self-sure stallion could be, to drag the fine points of his predatory teeth just so over her lovely, spotted neck. “Take a night off and give it to me, instead.”

@[Breckin]
    The mental list she creates is quickly and nearly effortlessly compiled, of all the acceptable ways she would love to make him beg.  Even as she is about to fluidly quip back, not wanting to miss a beat, the kittenish words die willingly on her tongue, her breath eagerly bated by the delicate pattern he draws on her neck.  The stinging bite of the dagger like ends of his fangs bar her from leaning pushing into him further; she becomes frustrated and grateful at the same time, seizing the opportunity to harness what little self restraint she had left.

”Formally annoy?” she asks with a fractional raise of an inquisitive brow.   An interesting choice of words; though ‘annoying’ would be one of the worst possible words used to describe how she felt about him presently.  There were so many other words she could easily use in place of it.  ”I’m afraid you’ll have to elaborate on that.” it could have been the moment they were caught in now, she wasn’t entirely sure, but any logical thinking patterns were running increasingly next to null.

Until that is, his last remark finally registers, causing her reason to quiet once more.  The leopard mare had pulled away from him marginally to better look at him questioningly only moments before, but now she suddenly found the distance between them too great, wanting to close the space between them with the single step that was all that would be required.  Even then she can’t completely help the way her spotted frame subconsciously leans toward him. 

A flurry of thoughts and emotions brush by her minds eye; it was undeniable she still had feelings for Leilan, and hard telling at this point if her heart would ever be whole enough to get over it either. And maybe Wolfbane even had feelings for Wishbone yet still too.  But even then, she couldn’t deny the attraction she harbored for the winged stallion nearby. And she craved him now, probably more then she rightly should.

“Bane” she breathes against the contrasting sapphire and gold of his neck, after finally taking that step, “I don’t think you know what you’re doing to me.” Any lingering inhibitions begin to fade as her eyes deepen, rising to search for the olive tones of his.  “So demanding,” she teases as the line of her mouth inclines into a coy smile, “If I give you my night, I’m interested to know what exactly your intentions  would be with it. After all, I only have one to give away.”   Despite the playful quip and whatever his answer may be, she already had come to understand that come the setting of the sun in the western sky, her night would already be his.

@[Wolfbane] sorry another phone post. Probably rambled a bit, Have mercy on my bored and sleep deprived brain

WOLFBANE

Most discredit him based on whispered reputation and for appearance sake, Wolfbane prefers it that way. Let the rest of ‘em think he’s heartless and single-minded, that all he cares about is a cheap fuck and making the other rulers pissed as hell. That Bane was all surface and served as a physical barrier between what could hurt him truly, past the veneer of golden skin and wild, blue stripes.

“Yes, the elders would call it courting,” He thinks with a smile, giving her space to think through the haze while stopping the fluid motion of his fanged affection. “but something tells me you wouldn’t like it said aloud.” The Lord muses to himself, carefully watching for Breckin’s turn of emotion. Never would he assume to pressure her - she was Khaleesi, after all - and yet he wants to grasp this feeling between them and mold it, nurture it. The simplicity of the knab mare was something he’d admired from their initial meeting and Bane wants more, knows too that there has to be layers she keeps for herself.

Why deny what fate keeps bringing together?

For the leviathan Queen, he could work on putting Wishbone behind him. In the past where she belonged, the honey-whiskey mare of his childhood couldn’t hurt him as she so obviously did. Even now, with Breckin passively accepting his advances and returning them in the form of her beautifully speckled body so close to his, (god he loves the way she feels, hasn’t realized how starved for her attention he’s been) Wolfbane understands that for the right mare, he could ascend any obstacle.

It won’t be his choice though, only his battle if she gives him the opportunity. “Mmm, so it’s working?” He smirks, practically shuddering from the sound of his name on her lips. In the dark tint of her gaze he sees hope, all he really needs to continue with his efforts. “You’d want to spoil a surprise like that?” The brute teases, eyeing the girl curled into his side with a disapproving tilt of his dark blue brow. “Joking -” Bane quips, “- I just want to set a tone; it’s your night, I’ll let you decide what we do with it.” He murmurs, serious now.

Hardly able to help himself, the fear and exhilaration of this moment setting his nerves on end, the boldly-colored pegasus lowers his mouth to the soft dip of her forehead, just above one of those mesmerizing, coy eyes, to plant a gentle kiss into the dusky shadows of her skin.

@[Breckin] it gave me allllll the muse <3

Breckin

It just felt so damn good being here.

Shoving politics and reservations to the side, giving into his touches and advances, just being utterly, chaotically selfish for once.  Usually she’s so distant, maybe even cold in demeanor, and always rigid with maintaining boundaries.  But just allowing herself the luxury of being held for once, like any sane woman craves from time to time.  Why hadn’t she allowed it sooner? To be touched and physically appreciated?

Because of uncertainty.  Always uncertainty. And more often than not, it had simmered to  a fear of showing weakness.

The realization momentarily rouses her from her drunken stupor, causing her to blink and temporarily delay the growing haze of her thoughts.  Unknown to her conscious mind, she’d pressed herself further into him, her body seemingly one step ahead of her slowing cognition.  It was surprising how close they remained, and even though for a moment she feels as if her body had somewhat betrayed her, she makes no effort to resist the magnetized pull between them again.  The effort would be so half-assed anyway, it just wouldn’t be worth the energy.  Besides, she’d just end up against him again in the end, and there were so many other ways she could think of to better waste her energy with the Lord of Loess.

It does cross her mind, that she might be acting selfishly, just knowing that she couldn’t promise him anything beyond this single night.  But she knew her heart was simply incapable of any type of immediate commitment; she was still fusing the lost pieces back together from its first shattering.  Nerine had helped, as she always did, forever a static pillar in her life, the leopard mare could tether herself to its grey cliffs and forever find a part of herself along its ragged coast.  And the love she felt for her kingdom would always be priority, always a constant in her life.  Breckin wonders if Wolfbane feels something similar for Loess, but she swallows the compulsion to ask, effectively snuffing out her namesake curiosity for the sake of more appealing endeavors.

Dark eyes become fixated upon him, allowing herself to become lost in the sweet fog again.  A pale ear shifts lazily when his deepening voice stirs smoothly beside her.  He doesn’t give her much to think or react before the heat of his lips press into the shallow dip above her eye.  That’s when she finally feels the scales begin to tip in his favor, no longer precariously hovering on the edge, and she gives herself over to unthinking instincts.  Closing her eyes heavily, she breathes softly in response to the striped stallion’s allowance for the leopard mare to hold the power of decision.  Her own dark lips rise to press into the hard line of his masked jaw, her voice hushed as she whispers against his skin—like a well kept secret only meant for his ears.

“Just this, Bane.”

@[Wolfbane]