• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Are The Rumors True? ||Breckin, Any||
    Arthas
    A lot was happening in Loess, Wolfbane was absent and then he returned suddenly. Arthas was not angry though, in fact he was glad to see the young stallion, Arthas viewed him as a son, he hand selected him to be the kingdom champion and further more the new ruler to follow Arthas.

But none of that mattered, in this moment he had to go to Nerine and speak to the rumored new ruler. Wishbone was now gone, and the one that goes by the name Breckin has been passed the crown, Nerine and Loess had an alliance but with the new ruler did it still stand? Surely the new ruler was aware of the basic information of Loess but perhaps that could strike up a new deal if there current standing was no longer in effect. At the very least, Arthas could get a feel for the new leader, see if they will be problematic with Loess or not.

He came to the border of Nerine, he had met many leaders from Nerine in his time. Not all of them liked him, but he has a personality that clashes with some, it just can't be helped. He raised his head and allowed a whinny to echo through Nerine, he hoped that he would catch the attention of Breckin, or a kingdom member who could get the new Queen for him. He stood patiently, his hind leg was lifted slightly in a relaxed position, his head attentively scanning the horizon looking for another form of life.
    Dangerous Business

@[Breckin]

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide

Rounding the mass of a large wind worn boulder, her dark brown gaze comes to rest upon a vaguely familiar grey form.  The smile upon her lips falls to a flat line, remembering the first and only time she’d met the previous king of Loess.  It had been the day she’d happened upon Leilan in the Field, looking for a potential recruitee, but Arthas had been quicker to the small gathering than she had, though it hadn’t stopped her from pursuing the nervous Roseen all the same.  For a moment, she wonders what had become of the shy sooty mare.  But her thoughts turn mildly sour after, also remembering how it had been the dappled stallion who had initially stolen Leilan from Ischia in the first place, then to offhandedly mention taking Roseen from Leilan as if the mare were an object.

The urge is there, to simply turn away and pretend as though she had never heard the summoning call that had resounded across Nerine.  But the Queen’s better judgment keeps her from doing just that, reminding herself again, that her shortcomings in the relationship she once had with Leilan were no one’s fault but her own, and that Queendom came with certain responsibilities that she was quickly learning and becoming accustomed; she no longer held such luxuries as turning a blind eye.

”Hello again, Arthas,” she says warmly, pulling her best mask of diplomacy to work its hold on her features.  With upturned lips fashioned into a smile, she stills just in front of the dappled gentleman.  ”To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Arthas]
    he laid low the warriors of old
    Nerine had seemed quiet for so long. Tucked away into the corner of their own world while outside of their terrain a storm began to brew. A storm they might not be able to turn away from.

Rome could feel the turning of tides. The changes of leadership abruptly had surprised him. Wishbone had seemed a well-rounded leader. He believed that she could have lead them all to great lengths. However, the crown did not always suit others so easily.

Wearing the weight of the crown and ruling was something he could not relate to. Rome knew little about the dances of leaders, but he was familiar with the way politics were. His own mother taught him the basics and growing up in a kingdom had taught him a thing or two. After leaving the sandy kingdom, a land that seems only to be a legend now, he wanted nothing to do with the sort. It is only recently that he has decided to finally become part of the game that kingdoms and its people play.

The scent of stranger leads him towards the two duo. Rome is often patrolling the borders of the kingdom. It was the scent of the stranger that had alarmed him even more. How long has it been since they have had a visit? He cannot quiet remember.

He moves towards the duo with ease on his paws. The claws sink within the dirt as he comes to a spot, keeping friendly distance from the recently crowned new leader, Breckin. He dips his head in greeting to Breckin. They are strangers, but he is familiar with the new queen to mark her as a resident of Nerine previously.

Turning his attention to Arthas, the dappled stranger, a soft smile curves onto his cream faint-spotted lips. “Welcome to Nerine, Arthas.” A casual greeting was simple for Rome. The familiarity of conversation was easy for him which might easily mark him as a diplomat. However, the ocelot stallion has shifted to face more challenges. It was battle and blood that called him to the ranks of the war caste. “I am Rome.” He then falls silent, allowing the conversation to move forward
    ROME
    tarnished x lucrezia
    html by venge | character info: here | character reference: here

@[Arthas] @[Breckin]
    Arthas

He was not waiting long, another approached him and to much of his surprise it was Breckin. He had met her once before with Leilan and Roseen, he did not have any particular feelings on the occasion though he did not think Breckin liked him to much. Hopefully the mare would be able to leave her own feelings of Arthas out of the politics of the kingdom, but only time will tell.

The spotted mare stops in front of Arthas and gives a greeting, he dips his head to the mare Breckin he says her name gently and with a smile that tugs at his lips. Though his gaze flicks to another as they approach, this equine was an interesting one for sure. He was spotted like a feline and had paws and a tail like one as well. Arthas did not want to stare, but he also did not want to shift his gaze, the feline cat greeted Arthas but name and introduced himself as Rome. Arthas gave a dip in greeting to the feline equine before turning his gaze back to Breckin.

I came on behalf of Loess, to personally give our condolences on the loss of Wishbone. He had never met the previous queen of Nerine personally, though Wolfbane had a strong relationship with her. Strong enough that he left the kingdom in search of her, he came back to announce she has vanished and with it Nerine crowned a new ruler. I wish this visit did not have to come with politics, but alas it does. He gazes between the two horses, Nerine had a previous contract with Loess, although that was under Wishbones rule, will you still honor the agreement Breckin? Arthas' visit was to discover the standing with there contract, and perhaps to make any future deals with Nerine.

Dangerous Business

@[Breckin] @[Rome]

The question had only just slipped past her dark lips, when the sound of padded feet stalking closer causes her attention to turn away from Arthas.  First instinct brings a guarded expression to her features, awaiting to see they were to be joined by a fellow comrade or something more predatory.  It just so happened to be a unique melding of both possibilities, she realizes, as her eye warm ever so slightly in greeting towards the spotted stallion.  They had yet to meet, but she was aware of his presence all the same in Nerine, and she is contented and thankful to have him present for this meeting.

”Hello Rome,” she replies in acknowledgement of his own gesture of greeting.

Pale ears flicker attentively, and dark eyes train back to the dappled Loessian. ”Thank you,” she says softly with a small nod of her head.  Wishbone’s hasty departure seemed to cause a minor upheaval of unrest, especially with the kingdom of Loess and Wolfbane’s flight after her.  But even then, Breckin is not truly saddened by the bay mare’s indulgences in satisfying her wanderlust; it was something the leopard mare had known herself.  And for all intents and purposes, she could not shake the stubborn faith that the brazen young woman would return to them once more, if only in her own time and when she was truly ready.

But in that short silence that falls between Arthas’s words, she can’t help but suspect that is the only reason for his sudden visit.  And she only needed to wait a moment longer to confirm her rising suspicions.  It causes her to smile, allowing the touch of emotion to meet marginally with her eyes before responding.

“The contract terms will still be honored as previously discussed.  It might not have been formulated under my guide, but I have no justifiable reason to retract our end of the deal.  Nerine’s recruiters will still offer Loess first to potential recruitees, at least until the year is fully passed and the contract is deemed complete.  Are you interested in discussing future contracts while you are here?”

There had been a second part of the contracted agreement that Nerine had been obligated to fulfill, and it was one that had been carried out some time ago now, before Wishbone had left.  The recipient of said part of the deal had seemed to rouse an upheaval of unrest recently between Loess and Hyaline, and Breckin felt certain obligations to address the issue outright.

“I trust Lepis is enjoying the restored use of her wing?”  This was a sensitive subject the Leviathan leader  was beginning to tread upon, but all the same, it needed to be addressed.  She spares a quick glance to the Nerinian warrior nearby, raising a brow with subtle amusement, carefully formulating words as she returns her dark stare back to Arthas.  ” I am told she is now residing in Hyaline for some time as a result of her actions.”

BRECKIN

call me forward when the crown falls

@[Rome] @[Arthas]
    Rome has become used to the unique expressions he receives from those that first set their eyes upon him. He is the first of his kind, a melding of horse and feline. It is not often a twist of such two is ever combined, and so it often brings strange and shocked reactions. Though now he hardly gives recognition of their reactions unless necessary. It seems these two were more satisfied to find that he was no predator here for a nice snack but to join the conversation.

He nods his head in silence acknowledgment of the dappled stallion. Rome does not feel the need to speak unless he must. The ocelot-horse came to be here for support for their newly-crowned king, but also to know the current circumstances of their outside relations with others. If he were to be anything but useful in Nerine and to protect his family, he would need to be attentive and proactive of everything that happened within the kingdom.

The conversation of course must be of politics and kingdom gossip. Rome is familiar with the contract that was accepted by the previous ruler he unfortunately had little time to get to know despite their meeting before she passed the crown to Breckin. However, it was Wishbone that had inspired him to take a position into the ranks of Nerine, and thanks to her it is why he stands at the side of his new queen.

There seemed to be trouble between several kingdoms in regards to this recent event. He knows little about what has taken place, but perhaps the information will unfold soon enough.  Any events that disturbed the happenings of other kingdoms that included Nerine could mean trouble, Rome needed to be informed and prepare for the possible outcomes. It was common among kingdoms to often hold grudges for events that added up, and he hoped Nerine and their new queen would do their best to stay out of such silly things. Of course, he hopes the new queen is not one to sending them down a rabbit hole that only leads to trouble. Only time will tell surely how she will rule and who she really is as Rome barely knows the leopard queen.
    ROME
    tarnished x lucrezia

@[Arthas] @[Breckin]

Arthas
    The spotted queen extends a thank you at the condolences on Wishbone. It is never easy when a ruler leaves unannounced, and it can cause an uproar in a kingdom, though Nerine seems to be adjusting just fine. She smiles gently when he mentions the agreement Loess and Nerine had, to his relief Breckin noted there contract would remain strong. He gives a dip of his head to the khaleesi I am glad to hear it Breckin.

The spotted queen asks if Arthas wanted to speak of any future contracts and his ears flick forward towards her Did you have a specific job you need done? He would not deny a nice murder, or perhaps running someone out of beqanna? Although he remembers the vague mention of foal swaps and Arthas figures it was worth a mention. Of course, If you did not have any specific requests would a foal swap interest you? He flicks his gaze between Rome and Breckin, his best attempt to make the half horse half equine feel included. He had his own foal to offer up this season should no one in Loess step up, leaving only Nerine to provide a foal for the swap.

Breckin notes Lepis' healed wing and a smile curls on his lips at the mention of his favored mare. Yes, she is well, truly enjoy the use of her wings again. He dips his head, he would generally give a thank you, although it was payment for capturing there purple stallion. What she says last causes his body to twitch, the mention of Lepis residing in Hyaline for her actions. She is in Hyaline for now, yes, though I will spare you the details. He forced a chuckle, the problems of Loess were just that, no other kingdoms business, no matter how fast word travels.

Dangerous Business

@[Breckin] @[Rome]

Shifting her gaze between Rome and Arthas respectively, she takes a quiet moment to collect her thoughts.  They'd begun to ramble and blur together, leading her back the troublesome path of undesirable anxiety.  It had begun to hit her then, as she stood between the Champion of Loess and the Nerinian warrior, the magnitude of very much how real the situation was.  Like a weight pressing down upon her, the burgeoning realization settled into her worries for the first time.  I'm running a fucking kingdom.  Before, maybe she had just been too shocked to even allow the truth of the matter to settle in.  So why did it have to be now, when she was trying to remain diplomatic?

Again with the masks, again with the display of false composure.  She would get through this first, then allow herself the time to fully recognize the title she now bore.  When it came down to it, she could not flee from this gathering of minds, and she would have to bare heedance to what was best for Nerine's resident's and allies alike.

Pulling the strings at the corners of her lips, the flat line of her mouth regains its friendlier stance.  "At this present time, Nerine does not have any jobs that need completing, though I do commend Loess's smooth apprehension of Klaudius.  I was glad to learn that all parties involved turned out no worse for wear."  

The dappled stallion's mention of a foal swap causes Breckin's smile to falter slightly, considering the implications of a foal swap.  It is concerning to her, for the sake of Rome and Porcia, that they seem to be the only pairing with foals as of late.  And the idea puts her on edge, uneasy with the thought of placing a Leviathan child into a land that does its bidding based on contracted alliances.  What if Nerine were no longer the highest beneficiary?  Even with her doubts, she is still willing to hear out his explanation.  "Can you explain what the terms of a foal swap would be?  I beg your forgiveness, and maybe it's because I'm new to ruling, but I have some worries with using children as bartering tools."

Nodding as Arthas responds to her last statement, she doesn't press the issue and pry for more details about the happenings between Ischia and Hyaline.  Instead, she sighs softly, the darkness of her gaze shifting towards mild sadness.  "Hyaline has informed me of their side of the story, and obviously, I don't know Lepis's reasonings for doing what she did.  And sadly for that matter, I don't have to know.  There have been deals and contracts made long before I became queen and obligations that must be kept even if they weren't promises spoken directly from my lips.  This inheritance belongs to Nerine, and by default, it is my own."   Pausing a moment, she casts a glance back to Rome before meeting with Arthas once more.  "So I must strongly advise Loess to refrain from making Hyaline feel threatened again."

The whole situation gave her mixed feelings.  Sadness and regret that she had to speak with such harshness, but at the same time confident in her stance.  Even though the favors owed were not her own, how would it speak of her if she did not come to honor them when she is so readily willing to uphold Wishbone's contract with Loess?

BRECKIN

call me forward when the crown falls

@[Rome] @[Arthas] sorry I rambled a bit @_@ Trying to maybe wrap things up soon since obviously Arthas isn't in Loess anymore XD
    There was more to politics than he had anticipated. His own mother had been involved in many political affairs, but during that time there had been a lull within the Deserts. He did not have to fear for what was to come and those days of growing up had been easy.

But there is more here in the talk of politics. There is uneasiness between the kingdoms, the stirring of chaos and perhaps potential destruction. Ties could be broken; wars could be started.

Rome is careful to take note of what the dapple grey stallion says. He is also careful to listen to what the Nerine queen says too. These exchanges would determine the future of Nerine and the reign of Breckin. He was familiar with the ties that held her in the previous ruling of Wishbone. However, it is the mention of a foal exchange that peaks his interest.

He does not speak first on the matter, only allowing the Nerine queen to do so first. It was her place, not his, to make the call, but to follow with her decision instead. The ocelot horse is pleased by her words on the foal exchange. He even nods his head in agreement on the matter. After losing his own first two children he was more protective of his family and the well-being of his children. It was for his family that he had decided to step up and join the ranks.

“I would only ask that our children in Nerine would be given protection, despite who Loess contracts with next.” He will not see his children become lost again within the lands of Beqanna and taken away. His expression grows serious as does his tone. “Children are not supposed to be used as pawns. We are responsible for guiding them and raising them up. I would hope if we are to have a foal exchange you would ensure that every one of the foals are treated as your own daughter or son.” Rome then falls silent again, his face remaining stern.

Rome turns his attention back to Breckin as she pushes the conversation forward in regards of the recent trouble stirred up by this mare named Lepis. He nods in agreement at what she says. The ocelot even admires what she says about still holding up the contract and past decisions Wishbone had made during her ruling as queen. It was the right thing he believed to do, despite even if they were not the wishes and decisions Breckion would have made. Nerine was an honorable kingdom, and those that ruled Nerine would keep it that way (or so he hopes).
    ROME
    tarnished x lucrezia

@[Arthas] @[Breckin] I'm ready to wrap this up as well Smile

Arthas
    The new queen disclosed that she did not have any jobs that she needed Loess for, Arthas only dips his head in acknowledgement. She does add in that she was pleased with the fast and safe capture of Klaudius, the purple stallion Nerine hired Loess to capture. He gives another nod, he too was glad they were able to apprehend Klaudius without harm of any Loess members.

Though the mention of a foal swap turned the conversation sour, and she notes that she does not like using tools as bartering. Before he could get in a response the half horse half feline Rome piped in, he requested that Nerine children be protected, that they should not be used as pawns. He knew what the spotted stallion was getting at, that Loess should not harm any foals, though he had no intentions on carrying out such acts, if he had to he would. His gaze flicks from Rome to Breckin A foal swap is not a pawn, it is used to strengthen the ties between two kingdoms, it is also used to gain experience of the foal. Once the foal is weaned from its mother the kingdoms will 'swap' foals, the foal will be raised in Loess as a Loess member, treated no differently. They will be able to gain knowledge that they perhaps would not have if they remained solely in there home kingdom. Of course, the foal will be able to leave as pleased once an adult as any foal from any kingdom is free to choose there fate. He does his best to explain the full details of a foal swap, it is anything but using foals as a pawn.

Then...Of course they were poking, trying to get as much information about the drama that went down with Loess and Hyaline, though it was not information for there knowledge. She even went so far as to warn Arthas to not mess with Hyaline he leaned in, his eyes narrowed in on the queen. I see... did she really just threaten him? Threaten Loess? He could not keep a grin from growing on his maw, he flicked his tail in annoyance and dipped his head. I will be sure to pass the information on to Wolfbane, we appreciate you holding up the deal Nerine had with Loess. Until next time, Brecking, Rome. He looked to both before turning and departing.
    Dangerous Business

@[Breckin] @[Rome] closing post