• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd Like To Meet You All [Any]
    As the two began to speak to one another with a warmth and familiarity that reminded Scorch of her own friendships back when she'd been a teenager, the mare carefully stepped backward, allowing them the privacy they needed. She stuck around just long enough to hear any more questions from her new recruit, and questions she did have; smiling a little, Scorch answered them quickly, feeling somewhat as if she ought to be elsewhere taking care of her other duties.

"You would certainly make a good diplomat Nalia; your only duty would be to travel to the field and to tell those you meet there about Nerine, and what it stands for. We like to attract a certain kind of person, so it's up to you to represent us well while you are out in the world of Beqanna. It sounds hard, but it gets easier with practice."

What with Breckin being newly crowned, the Dosh hadn't as much time to train new comers as perhaps she once had. She did long to impart wisdom on those around her, but it would have to be during encounters like this, instead of structured training times. Nalia especially deserved some special attention; it was clear that the girl was learning to have a passion for Nerine, and that passion needed to be nurtured in order to flourish.

"As for the war caste, we are lacking in warriors right now, and I can see that you have the prime physique for it."

Her molten eyes went carefully over the grulla paint, tracing her youthful and sinewy muscles.

"Your wings would give you an immediate advantage over other warrior recruits, too. But the best way to learn is to practice, with your body, not just with your words. So here is my challenge to you: go out to the field to try and meet someone who might like to call Nerine home, and then, have a mock battle with any warrior from another kingdom. If you do these things, you will immediately be promoted within Nerine's ranks - and Breckin, our Queen, is not like to forget such dedication."

Here, she lowered her head and took a step back. "But I must be going now. I wish you to the joy of the afternoons, and the joy of the caves. Until next time. Nalia, Ardashir."
    [Image: scorch2.png]
    Nalia smiled even brighter at Scorch's praise, not really expecting it since the mare didn't know a lot about the filly just yet. Still, that didn't matter, because Nalia was quite flattered, and would work hard to make sure she lived up to Scorch's impression of her. And the fact that Scorch said practice would help obviously made the situation better.

Scorch then described Nalia's advantage when it came to training as a warrior, something the filly would be glad to do as well. Whether she was officially placed in the peacekeeper caste or the warrior, she'd work hard for both, mostly because she wanted to learn to defend herself. She wouldn't be a weak silver-tongued creature who couldn't hold her own in a fight to save her life.

The mare then gave Nalia a challenge, something that made the filly's wings flutter in excitement. Already being given an important task, or two in this case? Recruiting a new face to Nerine, and showing her skill in a mock battle? Already she was itching to get going, but she had to wait and say a proper goodbye. Plus, she had a question for Ardashir, and she would hopefully get a good answer this time.

Following her challenge distribution to Nalia, Scorch bid the pair goodbye, to which Nalia bowed her head as a sign of farewell. After Scorch left, the filly turned to the stallion, a mischievous glint in her hazel eyes.

"So when am I going to get to see those caves you promised? The ones that haven't been filled with seawater?" she joked, prancing in place a moment as she patiently waited her friend's answer.

@[Ardashir]