• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Trust in your dream, come on and rescue me - Jenova

Leilan
    Demons run,
    but count the cost!
    Friendship dies and true love lies
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    Standing by the waves, he watches as the sun lowers in the sky. Summer solstice has ended some time ago, but to him it feels like an eclipse. Perhaps that was only just for him, though. He's flipping sides like a coin dropped on the floor, dancing and turning with every time it hit something.

It would be better if he were the same as he was last winter - blissfully unaware of Chryseis (not that he didn't love her), still hoping things with Breckin might turn out, that she would come to see him the next time he'd almost-make-it to Nerine. Instead, there had been Jenova back then. Roseen in spring. Thalassa just a few weeks ago, early summer.

One fore every season, he supposed. Crazy as that turned out to be, he did not regret anything about his advances with them, and at this point did not think they would either. He wonders if she would still want to visit him though - Jenova promised, but it was almost 9 months ago that she did, so she might not turn up here at all. Some things just fade with time - Khalani, Rey, Marmalade - well shut up, stupid head.

Sometimes you just have to wait and see.

the battle's won, but the child is lost

@[Jenova] because, second meetings are the best? Tongue
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Jenova sheds her woes at the end of each day just as a serpent sheds its skin each year. She’s never found any need to travel with the world between her shoulders and today is no different. Instead, she’s only got the wind beneath her wings as she soars over the various kingdoms of Beqanna. The powder blue girl has been practicing her flying lately, doing her best to stay upright and shift her wings just enough to turn in the proper direction. She’s far from being an expert still, but she hasn’t crash landed into any trees or hillsides just yet. No, the only real challenge these days is landing.

The untamed sky-child spots the golden gleam of Leilan’s mane and tail from above and she flaps her mighty wings quickly to slow her speed. A dip to her left sends her circling back to him so she can glide to a stop nearby. Jenova has to dig her hooves into the ground a little to come to a complete stop, embarrassingly enough. Finally, her wings fold back against her sides as she looks over her pale shoulder. Did Leilan see her clumsy antics? Her cheeks grow warm but she turns to approach him none the less.

She doesn’t immediately tuck herself against him but rather places a playful nip at his shoulder before she notices his serious expression. A brief frown graces the corners of her sweet lips as she tilts her head curiously, making the setting sun’s rays catch on her glittering horn.

That expression doesn’t suit you at all, Leilan,” she pouts as she continues to observe him thoughtfully. “What can I do to brighten your mood?

And then she’s smiling again, her kind face radiating all the soft warmth of her summer soul.

JENOVA
    And in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,
    As your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.
    @[Leilan] He can be crabby and maybe even hurt her a little if you'd like. She's immortal, after all, so she'll bounce back lol.

Leilan
    Demons run,
    but count the cost!
    There's things that fade, and some that last long enough. Thalassa was one. Roseen, too, and Jenova also fit that bill. An angel, a rose, and a sky fairy, to distract him from the dove. If he was fair to himself, it was sad, and, sometimes his face portrayed just that. But most of the time he was angry at himself. Regret was an emotion he'd thought he knew, but his angry lashing out at Breckin had him realize that what he'd regretted before was only about 10% of the emotion he felt now.

But such things were subject to change over time, also. With days and weeks passing, he more or less knew what he wanted, and that for the life of him he could not get what he wanted. So he went with the second best thing. Chryseis was another love of his, and to be frank, much more accessible and one that did not resent him. The love he felt for her was different, more natural, and most of all, not someone that would likely reject him.

Why not have more of that?

Substitutes, he's looking for substitutes. He knows this, Thal seemed to be on to it, but he neglected talking to her about it. Roseen seemed to maybe know it, although maybe she really did think she could change him. An Jen? He did think she was oblivious last time, but maybe he would have changed enough for her to notice something was off. But such a naive young mare - so easily manipulated, and, to be fair, not shy to the touch.

There were worse things in the world than thinking of her and wondering what she might do if he did advance. What her wings had felt like on his skin. He'd want that again; such a pretty little thing, and he could use a pretty little fling.

He knows he's going to try for more sometime in the future. If not her, then anybody else. But as if thoughts could summon, one of those mares was just about on top of him - "Jen!" His expression lifts - not fully, not enough, but close. "I guess you could keep me company maybe. Did you come to see the island?"

@[Jenova] Hmm I don't think he wants to hurt her that way... still would probably, emotionally. He's just gonna be 'using' her to be pretend-happy I guess. Worst thing is he knows what he's doing. :/
    |
    something about the dark. something about our bodies, and the way we find one another.
    something about the place where fear melts in the mouth and gets lost in kisses and under fingernails.

She trusts him. She curls into the palm of his hand and presents all of herself to him so willingly that it might seem like a trap to those more world-weary. And here she is again, offering up what little she has to try and uplift his sprits even a little bit. Her pale blue head tilts a little as he responds to her with half-hearted cheer but she still sees some darkness in his eyes. Yet she does not pry or try to weasel his secrets out of him. Instead, she smiles like sunshine and flower petals at the sound of his voice.

I’ll keep you company for as long as you like, Leilan. For forever, if that’s what makes you happiest,” she says as she steps a little closer to him. Something in her stirs at the memory of his skin against hers but she maintains a short distance between them. It doesn’t feel right to satisfy her cravings for such things when she fears something may be wrong. And besides, he’s talking about seeing the island, so maybe she’ll even get a tour today. The idea of exploring somewhere other than the commonlands sounds thrilling to her.

I mostly came to see you and keep my promise, but I would love to see your home as well.” Her voice is thick like honey without her meaning it to be; it just rolls off her tongue and over her lips so easily around him. “Show me all the secret places you like best.

Before she even knows it, she’s pressed herself to him again. The feathers of her wings fluff up for a moment when their body heat mingles into one, then the appendage goes smooth once again. Just as before, her cheeks grow warm as she becomes nervous, but she doesn’t flinch or flee from the electric feeling of their contact. She chastises herself for not being more mature and resisting her simple urges while her friend is clearly in some sort of pain. Still, maybe he doesn’t think she’s a terrible friend so long as he recognizes the actual concern for him beneath her exterior. She’s a bleeding heart regardless of all the primitive wants and needs gnashing their teeth within her.
    Jenova
    something about the sanctity of trust, of midnight confessions,
    of held breath let out on a sigh like a smoke signal, a safe harbor.
    some kind of magic. the kind that’s only for us.
    @[Leilan]

Leilan
    Demons run,
    but count the cost...
    He's an idiot. She's an idiot too, or, maybe just naive. He knows naive now when he sees it - he was like that, once. Thinking his actions had little consequences - but there's one consequence walking the earth now, a blue roan girl with a golden blaze. He loves her, the one little light he has left in his life.

Or, one... should he say, Jenova is another spark. Perhaps he could light it into a bright flame, or at least he will try. Maybe she burns up after that, but he cannot find it in himself to actually care. Because he needs a getaway, and he needs not to think of where his true interests lie. This is what she made of him, or he made himself under her influence (but he likes to lay the blame somewhere else for now) - calculating, deliberately up to mischief, a no-good heartbreaker with a broken heart. Doing exactly this to the others he meets, he knows - but to heal a part of himself, and he can't help it. Or at least doesn't have the energy to put up a fight with himself over it.

She's a bright one, at least, bright enough not to bring up the shadows behind his eyes. Instead, she tries to cheer him up, and he smiles at her, for isn't she sweet just to try? She brings up forever, but he's not sure he wants that - if he can handle that. But he doesn't want to ruin her day and say he's just looking for a temporary fix every now and then (he's quite sure he'd ruin her completely if he stayed with her too long). But still... "I really appreciate your company, Jenny. You're such a cute little fairy." he compliments, or well - it should be taken as a compliment, but he knows that it also means that he will probably ruin that cuteness. Three - two - one...

He only subconsciously seems to pick up her longing for contact, at first that is. She steps a little closer, and he does too, stretching out his nose to breath in her scent and returning his head just after. He wants her close, he wants to feel someone's body close to his. Her voice grows honey-thick, smearing it across his ears as it were, and he knows where this would probably lead to. But not yet - her words register, and he smiles at her warmly. "I think I know just the thing." This island is full of surprises - small coves by the sea to hide in, or the one behind the waterfall. Last time he checked Deiti wasn't there, so, perhaps he could show her the waterfall and if the kelpie is in the water take her to a coastal cave, and if not, go behind. It's almost so not like him to lay out a plan to seclude the girl and find a place to seduce her; but then, at the moment, it is. Somewhere, something inside is broken, and it doesn't care for her feelings it seems.

Though, he must say, she is willing. Pressing up to his body, sharing her heat. His breath stops, and suddenly he's done calculating, done thinking about anything else than her, and the fact is that he wants her. He noses the back of her head, at the base where her neck starts, breaths softly unto her jawline.

But not here. Not out in the open. His voice is barely a whisper against her sky-blue neck as he finds the words and the strength to pull away from her softness - for now. A temporary break of contact which will be settled soon enough. "I know just the place." To hide. To take. And perhaps he can give her something in return.

@[Jenova]
    |
    Jenova has never concerned herself with consequences because the future is always a promise to her rather than a threat. Fate has always smiled on her and spared her any of the darker days such as Leilan is experiencing now. Any child of hers would surely be wilder than her with caution thrown to the wind, or at least she would hope. But the thought has truthfully never occurred to her and she’s still not on the same page as he is, or at least not consciously. (Her body is far ahead of him, however.)

A little fairy? She blinks softly at the compliment with a little surprise evident across her pretty face before she laughs briefly. Jenova is more pleased to hear that he appreciates her being around. Being a good friend is one of her few goals in her life and she’s rather proud to have accomplished this so far with him. A smile remains lightly curled across her lips at the thought before she listens to him once more.

Her eyes roam the strong curves of his shoulders and the angle of his jawline while he breathes her in. She doesn’t notice him mentally listing off the places he could sweep her away but she doesn’t seem to really care where his mind goes. It’s lucky for her that he doesn’t intend to harm her or she’d make for the perfect prey, like some silly lamb straight to the slaughter. The feathers of her wings fluff when his breath spills across her skin and her smile grows as she nearly purrs beneath his touch. Still, Jenova is a wide-eyed fool of this world and she’s content with the electric feel of his lips on her neck, even if he isn’t.

But then he momentarily breaks the spill as he pulls away for just a fleeting second. Greedy, she turns her head to place her lips against his cheek. “I’ll go anywhere with you,” she mumbles softly. The words are barely coherent but conversation hardly matters at this point anyway, so she doesn’t bother to repeat herself. He could tell her he’s leading her to her doom and she would follow like a thread to a needle. The soft girl sighs so sweetly before she pulls away and looks up at him, waiting for him to lead the way. Her doe eyes glimmer at the sight of him but she says nothing else.

This isn’t love and she knows that very well. Her heart is too feral to pledge itself to anything but her body delights in promising just one season to him. Jenova’s hips almost ache for him, for pain and heat and passion. Something primal in her craves life within her womb and she obeys with a pageant worthy smile.

JENOVA
    And in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,
    As your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.
    @[Leilan]

Leilan
    Demons run,
    but count the cost...
    Her body language is saying different things than her mind does, but to him, that's all she needs to say. Love has nothing to do with it, not the true kind that might have kept him from acting out, if he didn't think his chances were already ruined. If he hadn't been so angry. If she hadn't been so impossibly cute and distant at the same time.

Who he's thinking about when he caresses the white parts of the mare before him, he is not entirely sure. But her wordless actions are a promise, and although he doesn't want to take it all right away, like before, he knows he will still have it in the end - today.

And so he leads her away, over the white beaches, towards the more rocky parts of the island. He brings her where he knows no-one else cares to go look for strangers, where her colour won't stand out so much - they don't make it to the waterfall today, because when he goes in that direction, there's another on his mind. No, he goes to the eastern side of the island, and shows her the bays; crossing once, crossing two of those, because he knows they might get visitors there.

He shows her around until a sandy beach leads up to a sheltered cove that smells of seaweed but nothing more. No other horses, no other animals. He softly teases Jenova's now-salty mane, and mumbles against her ear. "Wanna see what's inside?" A small, clear brackish lake - illuminated only by the sun coming through the entrance. But most of all, they will be there together, and they will be there alone. It'd be awful if he thought about it, but he cannot find the part inside himself that should care.

All he cares about right now is to claim her, briefly for himself, just for this season, just for this day. It's different than it was with Briseis, their one-time union born of lust and opportunity - now he's creating such a moment intentionally, and it turns out, it's not that different after all.

And even though he only wants her shortly, he wants all of her.

@[Jenova] A bit all over the place, sorry
    |