• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Down by the river in the full moonlight || Drustan, Any ||

Adria

Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky

Good thing the boys seem to agree with her, because Adria (comforted by Drustan’s touch) feels her backbone growing weak. She’d shouted at them, and so forcefully too! “I’m not sure …” She mumbles softly in response to the roan colt’s question, pushing ahead to take lead of the trio. The wind had never come barreling out of her mouth before like that and she feels quite lightheaded from the exertion of a power she hadn’t even known about. Blinking softly, the golden-splashed girl stays quiet until the brush of reeds against her legs gives reason to stop.

“You can fly,” She says knowingly to Santana, turning her petite head around to give him a soft smile, “and you could gore something to death,” She shudders softly, still smiling when her pastel lavender eyes flick to Drustan, “but I’m a swimmer, through and through.” The filly giggles, gently.

With serene ease, her slender forelegs lift away from the thick grasses and guide her into the sloping waters of a still, murky green pond. A flash of light plays across her skin, like a sparkle, and scales press upwards to smooth out what was once fur on the points of her young body. “They react to the water!” Adria tells the boys, now submerged to the hip and shoulders. “I’m a … near-E-ed … near-something. Whatever. A fish-lady.” The girl laughs, shrugging away the blush from her cheeks.

“Sometimes I can even get the water to do tricks for me. But I’m kinda tired.” Adria realises, wading back towards the shoreline. “Do you guys have powers too?”

@[Drustan] @[Santana]
    OOC: This came out later than I expected, but I had to get something up because I actually <3 this little trio.
    It's impossible to not smile, watching the shimmering ripple of scales rise molten over the filly's slim body. She had been distinctly golden before, and now gleamed silver in the shallow water of the pool. Enchantment glows in the colts eyes as he listens to the water girl explain her powers to them. "I've never seen a neer-e-ad before, but my Uncle Ivar is a kelpie. Water makes him change too, just not like that. Not as pretty." He admitted with a shy half smile as she neared the shore again. 

The blue glazed boy glanced at the other colt, still curious about his nature. Their proximity had created a heated pressure between his eyes. It felt as though something were rousing in his belly, coiling with an insatiable hunger. Tana was not known for a cautious nature, yet this was something that he shied from examining full on. Outside he was as still as a youngster could be expected to be. If one looked closely into his mismatched eyes, however, they would have seen the lighting of a dragon's fire within them. It was an iridescent light, like twin adularescent moonstones. Was this puberty? He wondered with sudden alarm. He did not fancy the idea of burning up as what needed to happen for him to become a stallion. Nooo thank you. 

At the girl's, Adria's, next question he shrugged as he answered. "Maybe. Probably. Our dad was a dragon sometimes, apparently. I got my wings from him, still waiting to see what my brother got." The large appendages flared out as he spoke, showing them off to their best advantage in the light. He loved the way sunlight picked shimmery blue rainbows out of the fine cream colored scales that coated the muscles and membranes. Mom had said that he could have been her twin when she was younger. 

With honest inquisitiveness he eyed his darker counterpart, offering a friendly smile to the horned boy. "What about you, anything special, or just your hard head?" He quipped lightly. The warning sensation was still in his mind, but he'd seen little evidence to support it thus far. 

@[Adria] @[Drustan]