• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Birthing, ||Arthas, Any||

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

My first and, for a long while after this, my only.

I’ve enjoyed the beginnings of this makeshift family of mine, something jumbled and still beautiful. Arthas, though absent, had been comforting and honorable enough to keep me here through the long winter. It was the thought of his return, a return to claim the child I knew was his, and the thought of Lepis (my probable herd-sister) that had anchored my hooves when otherwise I’d cut my losses and move on again.

Now though, Spring comes quickly and in the throes of it I find myself struggling for cover somewhere at the far reaches of Loessian territory. The babe tucked away beneath me has outgrown itself, every step a protest from my aching body, and I slip into a shadowy nook of brush and redrock to lay close to the earth and give birth to new life. 

When finished, I find that every reality I’d dreamed has suddenly solidified into fact: I’m a mother, now. My babe is a girl, sweet and simply colored like I was. I have no doubt in mind that, like myself and perhaps my mother before me, she can wear any color she likes. I pull close to her; fall in love the way my dam never did with me. “You look like a Mary, sweet and pure.” I laugh gently, wanting nothing but for this girl to grow up and be nothing like I am.

“Mary, daughter of Arthas.” I say again, happy with the choice as I groom and urge her up from the dusty ground. “Speaking of your father …” I sigh wistfully, turning away for the briefest of moments in hopes that my mottled gray companion was nearby.

“... I do wish he was here.”

@[Arthas]
    Arthas
    He had been off in his own world, leaving beqanna for a short time. It was unfortunate as he missed all of his lovers pregnancies, in fact upon his return he found the dead body of one.....He shoves the image of her cold decaying corpse from his head, the beautiful Lepis lingered into his mind, the colt that she now called hers as he was sure it was once Despayrs...that leaves one child left, he didn't have a favorite but Rey surely kept his attention.

He moved from the shore line of Loess and further into the greenery, it was not long until Rey's scent ran through his nares. A smile tugged at his lips and his ears flicked forward, he picks up a lope and moves towards the scent, he can tell she had already given birth. The smell of struggle was in the air, he allowed a short whinny to escape his maw, allowing his presence to be known.

It felt like forever, although it was not long until he had stumbled into the olive shaded mare. Tucked in close to her was a pastel green filly, a smile tugged at his maw, a son and a daughter. He moves closer extending his neck to nuzzle the newborn foal, he quickly moved muzzling Rey's shoulder, pressing his head into her neck. Forgive my absence his tone almost begging What is her name? She is beautiful, like her mother he steps back from her embrace to find her gaze.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey]

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

In answer to my spoken wishes, the sound of Arthas’ smoky voice brings both my head and ears up to attention when it breaks the silence around Mary and I. His presence is a welcome sight: the pallid, lady-like smile that winds over my shy lips says as much when he nears us both to take a look. “You’re forgiven.” I laugh airily when he presses a broad nose into my shoulder, “I don’t expect you to always be at my beck and call.”

He’d never know that I preferred it that way - with our little, harmless secrets between us and only the proof of our attachment to bind us together. Mary is that proof, skipping ahead to meet her father and sire on wobbly, elegant little legs when Arthas backs away from me. What more could we need? “Mary; I call her Mary.” Is what I tell him when he asks for a name, and I’m proud of the decision. Her calling has double meaning: one who is desired and one who is rebellious, just like her mother. Arthas could have her and all the foals or females he wanted, but I would always stamp a bit of myself in there somewhere.

“How’s Lepis?” I ask, trying to turn the conversation to a hopefully more interesting route. The secret of Arthas’ herd wasn’t a secret (never really had been) so I feel neither shy nor reserved about asking over the health and well-being of my herd sister. Especially since our meeting with Leilan, I’ve gathered respect for the winged Cleric of this place. “She seemed happy and big the last time we saw one another.” I add on, “Does Mary have a brother or sister now?”

@[Arthas]
    Arthas
    He was glad that Rey was not mad at him for lingering off for most of the pregnancy. She announced she did not expect him to be at her beck and call which was nice to hear. She was an independent mare, but she was still much of a mystery to Arthas. He knows her only for a short time but he finds himself wanting to know more, an emotion he is not used to, one he has blocked a long time ago. He only dips his head in acknowledgement to her statement.

Rey names there daughter Mary and a smile tugs at his lips Mary he says softly looking at the green filly a beautiful name for a beautiful child. Though this was his second season with children, it was the first with successful children. Despayr gave birth to a stillborn (or so he thought) last season, a disappointing outcome. He had hoped for a colt and was pleased to have a son and a daughter this time around.

Rey mentions Lepis and his gaze finds her, he did not mean to find himself with multiple lovers but it seemed as though he was in the herd life more than not. His heart was pulled in multiple directions, and Despayr was fun to have around, it was never his intention to have a herd but it seems that is exactly what he has. She notes that she met Lepis and she was big the last time they saw each other, proceeding to ask if Mary has a brother or sister. I briefly met with Lepis upon my return, she is well and had a beautiful colt. His name is Delta He smiles looking to Mary You will meet your brother shortly. He hopes neither mothers would have a problem with the foals meeting, although Arthas expects them to all know each other, family is family after all. His gaze flicks back to Rey How has Loess treated you since I have been gone? He asks, curious of her activities in his absence.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey]

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

Arthas worries - I can see it plainly. Every time I mention other mares and especially now that I mention Lepis.

It brings a rosy sort of smile to my face and prompts me to change my coat color to a subtle, corduroy blue. Contentment. “Delta,” I breath excitedly, hearing the name of Arthas’ son, “Yes we’ll get them together soon; Mary needs others her age.” I sigh happily, watching the filly’s sire give her much-needed attention. He would hardly find me opposed to the idea of the siblings growing up close to one another, in fact the more time Mary spent with Delta the better; my daughter would have the family I never did.

My mottled gray mate has nothing to worry about, plainly. I’m neither seeking glory nor his undivided attention, just the security of a home I couldn’t seem to shake. “Loess? She hasn’t changed much since I came here as a child.” I laugh prettily, shifting both wings and my weight for a more comfortable stance. “Same landscape, just different faces.” Is what I finish on, stepping forward to brush my nose against the hard line of his dark shoulder.

I’m still glad he’s brought me back here and gladder still he’s come back for a spell. With the twist of my eyes I spy our daughter, trying her hardest to walk our way. “Have any plans yourself now that you’re home?” I tease gently, easing to stand beside Arthas before stretching my nose out as a guide for Mary.

@[Arthas]
    A smile grows on her maw and her body turns to a blue, she was beautiful in every shade she chose. His gaze flicks to Mary, her pelt changed to match her mothers. His eyes grew for a moment before relaxing, a soft laugh escapes his maw Just like her mother he states, finding Reys gaze.

Rey notes that Mary and Delta will have to meet and he nods. Often times in a herd setting the foals will barely know each other, mainly because the mothers do not like sharing. To his relief Lepis and Rey don't mind to much, he hopes that they will be close since they are the same age. Arthas and Rey appeared to share the same wishes for Mary.

She notes Loess hasn't changed, same land, different faces. He nods, that is how Kingdoms work, the ruler is always changing. The land will always stand, the members will change with each ruler, evil and good brought throughout the kingdom. Loess surely holds  secrets that no equine could imagine. His eyes gaze over to Mary once again, he could only hope she or any of his children rule Loess someday. His gaze shifts back to Rey and Bane? Is he a good ruler? Arthas hand selected Bane, he can only hope the king was liked amongst the kingdom members as Arthas favored him.

Mary tries her luck at walking, in a few days she will be running keeping Rey on her toes. Rey asks if he has any plans now that he has returned. He takes a moment before responding I am champion of Loess, I hope to serve Bane as needed, to earn the title I hold. And of course be there for my children, and there mothers. He smiles softly at the now blue mare.

@[Rey]