• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow || Wishbone, etc. ||

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Without bloodshed, murder, or rape and they’d done it.

Maybe not so diplomatically, even though when Wolfbane takes a glancing look back to eye Klaudius the other pegasus stallion seems at ease, but all the same they’d done it and they’d done it well.

He sends the rest back to Loess, the kingdom needs them more than himself for this brief overture, and asks Lepis to join him for the northward Journey. Flying itself was too risky for too many reasons and, anyways, it would seem that their willing captive had a … “thing” for his adept new Cleric. Bane couldn’t resent the obvious stares, so long as their female companion didn’t mind, but it did make the somewhat rushed excursion to Nerine all the more easy for him to make.

The sooner they arrived and delivered, the sooner they could discuss payment and be rid of their first contract. 

And see Wishbone. The blue-and-gold stallion thinks, turning back to face the trail ahead but all the while listening behind. “We make good on deals, all kinds.” Bane speaks aloud suddenly, cutting off any silence around the trio when at last, the craigs of a winter-blown Kingdom rise before them. “We could’ve forced you, but we stayed true to our word.” He huffs, pushing ahead through the borders. No wait necessary; they had orders from the top.

“Just remember that in the future. This time our deal was free of charge and I really hope we don’t cross paths like this again.” Bane smiles as they continue inward, tilting his head back to take a last look at the purple brute. 

Someone would come for them soon.

WOLFBANE

OOC: This is just a "Loess dropping of their contract (A.K.A Klaudius) to Nerine" thread; sorry for the delay all!

@[Lepis] @[Klaudius] @[Wishbone]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

Thick tendrils of wind-knotted mane toss themselves against a lithe mahogany neck. A biting northern breeze drags loose upper layers of snow drifts away from their counterparts, swirling the snowflakes upward and away into the clear blue sky. A particularly naughty current of air pushes a few of the flakes against her warm winter coat before they melt away from the heat of her skin. Hardy outcroppings of tough bushery poke out of the combination of ice and snow across the plateau, proving the ferocious independent strength of the northern kingdom.

The dark green of the large pine tree forest in the center of Nerine stands to the Khaleesi’s back while her amber eyes scan the expanse of land in front of her. In the distance, the border lies. The hazy form of three unique figures shimmers along that border — two hired comrades and the surprisingly compliant package they bring with them. The low of Wishbone’s stomach warms at this sight, but she does not move to greet them just yet. She will give the purple stallion time to allow his questions to fester and boil beneath his skin and maybe on his tongue, spoken to his guards.

When she does step to meet the trio of outsiders, it is with a walk that has grown used to the complicated mixture of rock, ice, and snow underfoot. Wishbone moves easily across the landscape, skirting around tough foliage and bare, stretching trees. When she comes to a smooth stop before them, her sunset gaze is diplomatic when it lands on the gold-and-blue face she knows well (perhaps the best out of anyone), but there’s a hint of heat that lies behind a labyrinthe of protection that only Wolfbane would be able to decipher.

“Wolfbane.” Her husky voice leaves her throat with a puff of dragon-smoke from her smooth, dark lips. Wishbone’s gaze turns toward the petite woman and an amused half-smile shatters the regal look on her face. “Well shit, Lepis?” Perhaps the other doesn’t remember, but the mahogany can remember a time — it feels like it had been another lifetime ago — when the pair had met in Loess as children, when the perlino had been a child-queen. Although she could comment on the awkward twist of Lepis’ wing or the drastic differences between the way their lives have shifted, the Khaleesi says, “I wasn’t expecting to see you here… If you haven’t been to Nerine yet, welcome.”

The mahogany’s gaze slides back over to Wolfbane, though her eyes deviate to catch Klaudius’ own expression before they finally reach the olive eyes of her initial target. “I’m impressed in your timeliness.” There’s another half-smile of humor on her mouth, one corner of her dark mouth turning upward into a shape that could be considered more of a smirk. “Although I am disappointed he doesn’t seem to have fought against you.” It means he’s still fresh-faced and full of energy, without a blemish upon that purple skin.

“Someone will be here to collect him soon.” This sentence is brisk, as if they were talking over an unwanted animal. “As I understand it, Loess holds a contract with Nerine for the next year. Shall we discuss payment?” At least past the payments they would only ever discuss together within the privacy of each other’s solitary company.

wishbone

@[Wolfbane] / @[Klaudius] / @[Lepis] / @[Scorch] / so, i wrote a novel because i'm lame but if everyone else wants to respond they can, or just wolfbane can so they can talk about payment... whatever you guys wanna do. also, even though sid is away right now, scorch should be coming to pick up klaudius and keep him restrained with her fancy powers (; that stuff can happen in our heads too if you guys wanna be lazy which is 100% fine with me

If it wasn't for the slight feelings of content that embraced his inner self, he may have fought whatever this was.  For quite some time they travel in near silence.  Only a few sentences are exchanged and he is satisfied to leave them unchallenged.  His musings are over the buttermilk and navy beauty leading before him.  The gentle rock of her body as she walks is quite hypnotizing and for some reason he feels as though he knows her.  This puzzles and intrigues him, but yet he also sees the unnatural hang of her one navy appendage and the gentle bulging of her belly.  Questions swirl about his mind and if they had been alone, he would have inquired on how she sustained such things, but they are not alone and soon, even more will appear...

He has never cared for the chill of winter.  It is what drove him from the inlands to the tropical isles of their world.  This has also caused him to not travel much of Beqanna.  Sticking mainly to the East, he has yet to know the strange land of which they cross into.  The cragged plateaus of earth amongst towering pines was nothing like anything he has seen before.  An oceans breeze, whipped about them - cold but wet from the sea - it sends a chill down his spine.  The sudden harsh awakening and a scarlet voice upon that breeze causes him to stop abruptly.  His nares flare and ears twist back to show his displeasure.  

Although his lavender ears are hidden in the tangles of matching tresses, he hears all the strange bay says.  He now understands what has brought him here and he has no intentions of staying willingly.  Rigged muscles begin to flex and his wings slightly unfurl in a plan to turn tail and take to the skies...    

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Lepis] @[Scorch] @[Wishbone] So I figure the cold snaps him out of the warm fuzzy trans Lepis held and he is deciding to jump ship.  Feel free to convince/force him not to Wink
    The journey north is made with much haste, but I make no sound of complaint. It might have been faster to fly, but with a captive and my damage, the distance needed to be covered by hoof instead. I lead the way down trails I've never seen, winding through the tall mountains with only the sound of my two companions to break the silence.

I had thought, once or twice, of turning back and engaging them in conversation.

I'd managed the first part of that, but the first time I had not been able to catch Kladius with my eyes (he was too busy focusing on other parts of my body) and the second time is just as Wolfbane speaks up to remind our purple captive that we had remained true to our word. It is then, with the sound of hooves coming to greet us, that I drop the last of my projection toward Klaudius.

I focus instead on the small bay mare that comes to greet us, and in the time that it takes her to greet Wolfbane I puzzle through the strange familiarity of her features. I recognize her just as she notices me, and I give her a bright smile in return. The Nerenian queen makes no mention of the changes that have occurred since our last meeting, and I cannot help but wonder just how a Tephran princess has become a regent of the Leviathans. We both have tales to tell, it would seem.

"Thank you for the welcome," I reply honestly. "I've not been north of Loess before. What little I've seen so far of your kingdom has been lovely though."

I realize that Klaudius has started to shift beside me, and though I no longer soar with my own, I would know the flare of wings ready for flight anywhere. Rather than say anything immediately (I am far from the threatening sort, anyway), I sidestep closer to the purple stallion. I press my left side firmly against his right, pinning his wing between our bodies as I glance up at him. There is a significant size difference between us, both in height and build; I have no hope of physical restraining him.

"Calm down" I tell him gently, and rest my blue muzzle against the curve of his amethyst shoulder. He is warm even in the bitterly cold air, and it is easy to avoid the chill and remain a moment longer. I press relaxation into him, though I know the emotion is at odds with his true feelings. Opposite emotions are the hardest to sustain (especially after I've been using my gift the entire trek here), but we couldn't lose our first contract just as we are about to close on it.

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Equally as stoic, Wolfbane gleans a welcome from his childhood friend and gives a robustly platonic one in return, glancing aside for a brief moment only when the two mares make an odd and seemingly long-lost connection. His brevity of distraction gives way to a view of their colorful prisoner, and Klaudius catches Wolfbane’s downturned lips just a second after Lepis steps aside to control the situation. The childish, reckless half of himself would’ve enjoyed the flighty chase and eventual scrape of an aerial battle but he only relaxes as his Cleric effortlessly smooths the tension, knowing good and well that this way was best.

“I gave him a choice and up until now, he’s been whip-smart about it.” The Loessian stallion replies as he turns back to face Wishbone. Longing for the necessity of a turnover to be done with and eager to move into the more finite details of this gathering, Bane clips ahead into the topic of a Nerine payment with collected enthusiasm. “In exchange for one pristinely delivered captive I expect Lepis to be fully healed of her injuries, if she agrees. The sooner the better.” He says, implying that one way or another Nerine was now responsible for making this happen. The discussion of how was irrelevant, he considered the Khaleesi a resourceful sort of woman - she should find a way.

“As for our year-long alliance I’d like for Nerine to exchange a bit of their productivity; start to end date your members will now recruit for Loess whenever they come across a horse in need of shelter or work.” The pegasus drake proposes, unflinching in attitude. Through the bite of wind and cold he remains passively upbeat, a neutral sort of positive. “First right of refusal will then go to your Kingdom, if Loess just doesn’t suit them.” Wolfbane tacks on, knowing this would be expected if unspoken.

WOLFBANE

@[Lepis] @[Klaudius] @[Wishbone]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

If it were any other captive, Wishbone might’ve smiled when the stallion’s wings spread themselves for flight. She might’ve tossed her head into the wild Nerinian sky and even laughed at his foolish attempt to escape them. He is outnumbered three to one and this landscape — snowy and frozen and dangerous and reckless — is unfamiliar to him. She can sense it in the shift of his eyes and the way his steps are hesitant across the wintery plateau.

Regardless, she does not smile or laugh or smirk when he crouches to fly away from them. Her smooth dark lips turn into a frown that looks foreign on her face; her brows pull together among the thickness of her tangled forelock, her nostrils quiver faintly with a frustrated exhale, and the muscles in her neck tense into firm sinewy cords. She has specifically brought Klaudius here for a reason, not just calling for any random stallion found on the common grounds of Beqanna, and Wishbone will be severely upset if she were to misplace him this early in her plans.

A deeply-rooted sensation tangles with the inner workings of her lower stomach. It is hot and tingling at the same time and it spreads across her entire body as though the sun were warming the inner layers of her body. It works along the marrow of her bones and in the muscle of her heart, pressing against the filling and emptying of her lungs and the bend of each cord of nerves. Wishbone’s amber eyes close as the sensation fills her entirely and she clenches her teeth against the feel of it. It isn’t painful, but the pressure builds rapidly until there is the sound of ice shattering and earth breaking. As quickly as it had come, it disappears.

Thick, heavy dinosaur bones have formed a tight cocoon around the purple stallion. They are bitter to the touch, frozen from the winter, and dusted with the dark black of ancient soil. Wishbone opens her eyes to see the disheveled earth and the temporary imprisonment she has unintentionally crafted. With the newness of this ability, the Khaleesi does not contain the shock that flings itself into her bewildered gaze.

Her amber eyes find Wolfbane’s (he would’ve been the first to know about this discovery whether he’d been there or not) immediately after taking in the bones encasing Klaudius in a makeshift jail cell. “Did you see what just happened, Bane?” The surprise of the event drags the gold-and-blue’s childhood nickname from her lips despite the iron of her previous diplomacy. She doesn’t correct herself nor apologize for the slip of her tongue, but rather shakes her head slowly to clear her mind.

They are moving onto the agreements of their contract and Wishbone must move also, even while her mind struggles to grasp the reality of her new capabilities. After casting a concerned glance in Lepis’s direction to make sure the young mare isn’t hurt from the large bones, the mahogany mare turns her attention back to their initial topic. “Your terms are agreeable,” Wishbone admits with a honey-whiskey tune. “I will make sure every Leviathan knows to recruit for Loess and that any member of your kingdom is welcome in Nerine.” Her mind hazy from her recent discovery — and feeling the effects of the magic seeping away whatever energy had been in her bones — the Khaleesi grows quiet, her gaze fluttering between the purple stallion wrapped in the dinosaur bones and the Loessian king before her.

wishbone

@[Klaudius] / @[Scorch] / @[Lepis] / @[Wolfbane] / so wishbone discovered her bone bending just now xD please allow scorch/sid to respond next so we can get things moving! neo, if you want something changed, please pm me and i think we can work something out <3

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

"Loess continues on its chivalrous route, I see." Her fire-scarred voice came jolting through the underbrush just before her physical form; coming forward from that place, the Dosh shed the threads of twilight which had helped to conceal her form during the beginning of these… business dealings. With a jaunt, she threw her molten eyes to Wolfbane, the leader of Loess who’d come to acquire her affections and admiration rather effortlessly. Next, her eyes went to Lepis.

"Good to see you aren’t rotting in Sylva anymore. I’m Scorch."

And then, to Klaudius; the captive, who at this moment, was clearly under the control of the small appaloosa pressed to his side, barely trapping his wing. Scorch presumed that the mare had some hidden magicks being used; but she didn’t trust them to last forever, not with the way their captive’s lavender body seemed to quake and beg for freedom.

But criminals don’t deserve freedom - or at least, this one didn’t.

When her queen accidentally trapped Klaudius in an impressive show of bones, Scorch chuckled; it seemed to run in the line of Amazon/Leviathan queens for a stroke of recklessness to blossom. Only Kagerou and Quark could perhaps sit outside this stereotype, but every leader lead differently, and each with a justice that befitted them well. Shaking her hammer head, Scorch reached and pressed her charred nose against Wishbone’s shoulder, silently reassuring her and attempting to calm the blood that now rushed in an adrenaline-fueled rampage through her veins.

"Each of us has played a part in this transaction, and now I suppose it’s mine."

Extending her mind, Scorch called upon the winter twilight to do as she bid. Seamlessly, particles of light and dark mixed and densified in the pattern of her choosing, forming solid bonds that would not be easily shaken. The restraints found themselves encasing Klaudius’ wings in a type of mesh-net, not uncomfortable, but effective. And, below his stomach, ankle braces latched between each set of legs, ensuring that he would not be able to run, either.

"Now free him of that boney thing and let this be done with." Her eyes went again to their allies. "Thank you for your work. Feel free to explore Nerine."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

He is simply a pawn in their games.  Disposable for the good of the king and queen.  

Typical.

The talks amongst themselves as if he doesn't exist.  The only one to acknowledge him was the buttery mare with dislocated wing.  His thoughts trail again to her possible story, but eventually he is drawn back to a rumbling of earth.  His silver-hazel eyes dart from left to right and then to the ground on which he stood.  Finding white-washed protrusions encompassing him. "What the fuck is this?!" He says to no one in particular.  They didn't seem to know either.

Again they go about ignoring him and chatter amongst themselves.  Deals are hashed out and he realizes now that this was all neatly orcanstrated to keep him from ripping Tephra out from under the old man's hooves.  His gaze turns to Lepis before catching a flciekr of something...naked.

His eyes and then head turn slowly as another comes forth with demanding force.  What he sees is nothing of intimidation and it takes all his strength to not choke out laughter.  It was a futile attempt at best when rolling laughter emits from his vocal chords.  Giving himself a moment to recollect, he chuckles out, "Looks like you've seen better...years."  A snort vibrates his nares with another stint of laughter, "I have never seen anything so hideous in my entire life."  That is when a binding magic constricts his movements.  Leashing him like a hound, and his entertainment has run thin. 

His eyes harden upon the hairless being that clearly harnessed him.  "What the hell you going to do with me?  Rat,"  he sneers.  A puff of hot air billowing from his flared nostrils and into the chilled atmosphere, creates a misted outline of his chiseled features... 

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Scorch] So perhaps we can continue this as another one on one thread but I do have a couple ppl who want to interact with the prisoner.  So if you can give me an idea of his holding area that'd be great Wink