• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

White blank page || Kove, Any
    Mosrael
    i'm way too
    good at goodbyes

The weight of the world felt tied to her back. Returning to Ischia had been far more dramatic than she could ever have imagined and even sooner than she would have liked it to be. Having fulfilled her lifelong dream of becoming a sworn Brother, the taste of her accomplishment tasted bitter upon her tongue. Of late her heart and mind had been elsewhere, torn away from the things that had once risen in importance. Now her loyalty had been sworn to her father’s cause, painting a clear path before her. Determined to remain steadfast despite the aching of her slowly breaking heart.

It was because of Klaudius’ own foolishness that had led to his eventual capture by Loess. Mosrael understood so much more now than she had before, something she credited greatly to her renewed trust. Still, the idea of his submitted to the consequences of his actions filled her with an uneasy sense of dread and uncertainty. Too many conflicting emotions plagued her, and she knew that they would only grow stronger the longer she was forced to wait upon the final word of his condemnation. He was flawed, she understood that potentially better than most, but did he deserve to be punished so cruelly?

Countless times she had felt her feet carry her towards her father with the intention to beg for his mercy. To plead with him to intercede on her behalf, if he loved her as a father did. The nearer she drew to him, of course, her steps would falter in their confidence and she would remember that her father was a just king and Klaudius had slighted him more times than Mosrael cared to admit. Besides her inexplicable, and unadvisable, affections toward him, Brennen had no other motivation to spare the lavender stallion.

Tear burnt eyes drift towards Kove as she played within the chilly shallows of the lagoon. Her once vibrant child had grown lonely and cautious since her accident back on Tephra. Not only was the trauma still fresh in her mind, but she desperately wished for the companionship of her twin. Not a day passed that Mosrael didn’t worry upon Ketzia and her decision to remain inland. Daily Kove would ask about her and Klaudius, begging to see them again – a desire Mosrael was powerless to satisfy. They were gone, stretched thinly upon the land and the thought had occurred to her that they may never meet again.

In the midst of her sadness, however, there was hope and the bay mare suspected that Kove’s longing for companionship would end with spring’s arrival. It was hard to ignore the signs that she had missed a year ago. The stirring within her and the gradual growth of her middle. Of course, Klaudius was the father, who else could be? The details of their union remained foggy, almost like a dream. If she hadn’t felt the child within her she would have doubted its reality entirely. New worries brewed alongside her realization of pregnancy and she had yet to even admit her weakness to Brennen, worried that he would question her vows as a Kraken.

Exhaling sharply, she felt as if she would be crushed beneath the influence of her many secrets. She was home, she conceded, even if large pieces of her were missing.

@[Kove]
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

They had left the others there is Tephra.  I had managed to find my footing once again and mother wished for Ketzia to follow as well, but the water scared her.  It was saddening to watch the form of my sister fading into the thick haze of the volcanic island.  All I knew is that I must follow my mother.  Father had said they must leave, for reasons that is unknown to me, but we obeyed.

The walk was long and draining.  My fragile body had just been through so much, and now they had to travel great distances to a safe place mother said.  Unquestioningly I trailed behind her, managing to keep up.  My lilac eyes watched in curiosity as a new tropical paradise morphed before me.  The white sandy beaches stretched for miles in either direction. Dotted with swaying palms and colorful flora, I stare, mouth gaping in wonder.  I am oblivious to the worries that plague my mothers mind.  The life that stirs inside her also remains unnoticed to my simpleton mind.  I begin to pace faster until I am a stride ahead.  Allowing my eyes to sweep the entirety of the island without interruption.  

We had arrived quickly upon the malleable earth and mother lead us to a meeting of sorts.  They all declare words I am unsure of there meanings and why those gathered(especially a large winged bay) stares at us with judging eyes.  Moving closer to my mother, I attempt to hide myself from prying eyes.  When finally we begin to move on, I am more than happy to leave.  I hurry ahead of her, ears flattened in uncertainty.  All I do know is the name of where we are, Ischia.

We travel in silence.  Slipping farther into the thick jungle brush, I am glad for the shielding cover from all angles.  Maybe we could hide here...  

@[Mosrael] Not sure what your plans were in this thread but possibly Brennen runs into them...?
    Mosrael
    i'm way too
    good at goodbyes

The shift was sudden, but not entirely as unexpected as it had been the first time the mottled mare had experienced it. Watching Kove a secret smile played upon her lips. A year old herself, it was amazing how much she had grown and in such a short amount of time. Beauty and elegance radiated from the filly, even when she wasnt trying - the complete opposite of her mother. Mosrael was brutish and athletic and it defied logic how she could birth something so completely feminine and dainty. Her amber eyes couldnt help but smile as they observed the lavender tufted filly as she explored the island's flora - her ears set with uncertainty. Everyday, Mosrael was greeted by the fear that, in time, Kove too would opt to depart from her side. There was so much more that Beqanna had to offer, and the youngter's curiosity was what inspired her.

Flinching ever so slightly, she clenched her teeth as a contraction tightened the whole of her abdomen. Labor had begun early that morning, long before the sun had risen from its slumber. Thus far the pain had lingered at the back of her mind, present but hardly worthy of her notice. As the shadows had grown longer, however, she could feel them reaching their peak. Mosrael knew her time would soon be upon her. Silently she strayed off the path, not wanting to alert her older daughter of her a sense. Kove would, undoubtedly, be an amazing older sister, but the mare knew that her daughter was tender hearted. Seeing her mother in pain would only serve to distress her, and that was the last thing Mosrael wished to inflict upon the child.

Enveloped by the thick fold of trees she followed the pull of her feet, instinct leading her to the perfect place to deliver. The largest tree on the island stretched high, offering a shade than spanned a great distance. Finding it was easy and Mosrael wearily lowered herself in a nook provided by it's two large protruding roots. Cooled by the shield of the leaves, she rode the waves of her pain fixated upon steadying her breathing. Time seemed to stand still and her mind drifted back to a year ago as she prepared to birth her twins. Deliriously she remembered Klaudius' reaction, the shock on his face mirroring her own. He had appeared almost cold as he stumbled upon her there on Tephra and she had been ready to abandon them with him, leaving behind every peice of him in the process. But she hadnt and those months spent as a family had permanently left their mark upon her. Knowing that he would not appear there beside her that time brought a new sort of pain - one that clawed at her heart and threatened to break it entirely. The last time she had called for him as she pushed the twins into the world, this time she bit her tongue and grunted as one final heave brought with it relief.

Inhaling sharply she pried open the eyes she hadnt realized she'd closed. Hot tears wet the curves of her face as sobs gently fell past her lips. It was overwhelming to her. So much had changed, some for the bad and others for the good. She could not say whether or not she would ever see Klaudius again. Either way, she was sworn to her father and the brotherhood. That was a loyalty she was not willing to lose again.

Determined, she righted herself and locked eyes upon the dark foal that lay prone in the grass. Another beautiful filly. Gasping, Mosrael drank in every detail as the frosted ebony foal unfurled her pair of slick wings. Similar and yet strikingly different from her sisters - with not a speck of lavender to be found upon her coat. How fitting.

"Kove," she called out breathlessly. "Come and meet your new baby sister." Nuzzling the childs midnight muzzle she whispered softly. "Eifa."

@[Kove] went ahead and used this as a birthing. Also, @[Brennen] @[Galilee] want to interact?
    The little filly’s ears twitched as she heard a nearby voice. It was slow, breathless, as if the one speaking had used up a lot of energy. Yet, it was soft, and it warmed the filly’s heart. She heard the voice call out a name. Kove. Was that her? No, it sounded like the voice was speaking to another. So then, who was Kove? That question was short lived when something soft and warm pressed against her tiny muzzle, and without hesitation she nuzzled it in return. The voice spoke again, making her ears prick a little intently. Another name was mentioned. Eifa. Was that one her name? Silently she hoped it was, for it sounded like a pretty name to her. 

Finally, her eyes blinked open until they were wide and bright, revealing their silver color clearly. Her ears began to swivel as all the surrounding sounds became more clear, and she shivered when she was greeted by a gentle breeze. Her black Appaloosa coat was still wet from the birth, so she was a little cold. But she didn’t mind, for she seemed to be pressed up against something warm. She turned her head towards the source of the warmth, and saw a beautiful mare laying beneath a large tree. She figured the mare was the one whom was speaking, and instantly her instincts told her that was her mother. But who was she talking too? Her eyes averted to gaze around for someone else, until they met another filly. Her head titled curiously. The filly was clearly older than her, but not as old as her mother. Who were they? Were they the one called Kove? She blinked at them for a moment, then turned her attention away once again to examine her surroundings.

This place looked so strange to her, yet, it was quite pretty. Part of her wanted to go explore the area, to see all this place had to offer. But another part didn’t want to leave her mother’s warm side. She was comfortable and happy right where she was. Well, maybe not entirely comfortable. There was an emptiness in her stomach that made her her realize she was hungry. She looked back up at her mother and wined quietly, a way of asking for food since she didn’t know how to talk yet.

@[Mosrael] @[Kove] OOC: I’m so sorry this took so long, and that it’s no really good. Today had been difficult for me Dx
    Kove

This new land was wonderous and I often find my dainty hooves dancing along the bright flora all about me.  Without seemingly a care in the world, I pass each day exploring the isles of our new home.  Often though, an emptiness tugs at my heart strings and I find myself staring off across the sea.  Hoping one day to find my sister staring back at me from the other shore.  

Today mother seems more uneasy than most so I wander from her side to go fetch a present for her.  I have strengthened my abilities of the sunlight and pull the rays closer to me.  Perhaps the sunshine will make my mother feel happy once again.  Wrapping it into an orb, it trails behind me.

Kove... Come meet your sister

My pace is quick, a gleeful smile upon my lips as I here my name called.  My heels kick skyward at the word sister and I barrel through the thicket, coming to a sliding stop beside a darkened bundle within the ferns.  My eyes go from joy to confusion, this was not Ketzia.  My face lowers to inspect the being having been called sister.  She smells weird and new.  With a wrinkled nose, my head jerks upright.  Lavender eyes resting on my mother to seek answers.  "Momma?" I question with a tilt of my head.  The sunlight I had bundle in an orb scatters to return to the air...

@[Mosrael] @[Eifa] work post so rushed but wanted to get something up for yous Smile
    Mosrael
    i'm way too
    good at goodbyes

Time was a strange companion. In the course of a year she had found love, became a mother, and had everything fall a part around her. She learned the true nature of selfishness and selflessness simultaneously and had been forced to say goodbye to everything she had ever wanted. All at once her future, and that of her children, hung in the balance - shrouded by uncertainty and a never ending parade of questions. Separated by the reprisals of past actions, she was forced to find contentment in the midst of heartbreak. Somewhere upon the mainland Ketzia sought refuge protected by her older half siblings. Mosrael had no choice but to trust in the one time prince and princess of Ischia. It was almost surreal to think upon the workings that had brought together the exiled Ischians and the grandchildren of the one who had turned them away. Meanwhile, Kove had remained at her mother's side. The daughter of a known traitor, Mosrael wondered if the young one knew of the irony that was her presense there.

Sad amber eyes watch as Kove easily finds them, her lanky figure appearing to find her mother and newborn sister. Next to the still damp foal the youngest of the twins appears almost a giant in comparison. Forcing a smile upon her face the grown mare rose to her feet.

"Kove," she greeted tentatively, hesitant to see her daughter's reaction to the newest addition. As she neared the lavender tufted filly her body felt strange and stiff, the aftershocks of labor clinging to her. She watches Kove's questioning glance as it trailed along the frame of the black winged foal. Unsteadily, Mosrael rose to her feet and quietly approached the confused yearling. "Kove, this is your little sister," she explained in a firm tone. "I decided to call her Eifa."

It was hard to gauge a Kove's thoughts as her mind attempted to process the scene. Mosrael had not been entirely ignorant to her daughter's recent loneliness. Separating from Kerzia had taken its toll on her and, as a mother, she was desperate to alleviate her pain. Awkwardly she stretched her muzzle towards Kove and patted her a bit too forcefully. Her feeble attempts at comfort made obvious her own insecurities when it came to affection. Feeling suddenly foolish she smiled, ever aware that they only had each other now. That was something worth holding onto.

@[Eifa] @[Kove]
     The thickets rustled louder as Kove came closer. Eifa stoped her whining to look at the older filly, ears high with interest. A quick sniff was taken as Eifa inspected the other, whilst quietly listening to her mother speak. Yet again she heard her mother say she was Kove’s sister, though she wasn’t entirely sure what that meant quite yet. But, she had instincts that told her Kove was unsure, and quite possibly unsettled or disappointed by Eifa’s presence. Young ones have some odd ability to sense that sort of thing. Her ears lowered in reaction to her senses as she suddenly felt a little saddened. Did they not like her?

Her mother finally stood, and Eifa’s attention switched to her. She glanced at her belly longingly, licking her lips with hunger. Eifa was reminded of her hunger, and wanted to finally taste her mother’s milk. But first, she needed to stand too. With a quick whine, she shuffled and struggled to get her little legs beneath her. She was very light, yet her legs were wobbly and weak, for they had never been used. Almost immediately she fell before she could even balance herself. With a muffled thump she landed on the ground awkwardly, and paused for a moment before trying again. The little filly snorted with slight impatience and irritation, and slipped her noodle legs beneath her once more. She stumbled and swayed as she struggled to find balance, but her persistence finally payed off. 

Though her stance wasn’t very sturdy and her legs wobbled with each step, she made her way to her mother. Her tail was raised up high with pride from her accomplishment, and she briefly flapped her fuzzy feathered wings with excitement. Eyes gleaming, she looked up at her mother to see if she was just as proud, before she lowered her head and began eagerly drinking her mother’s milk.

@[Mosrael] @[Kove]
    Kove

Again I hear the word sister, but this is not Ketzia.  Besides the broken white patterns this sister looks nothing like the one I know.  All explanation eludes me, even as I gaze upon my mother with soft questioning eyes.  

The foal stirs and my eyes flicker towards its movement.  I watch curiously as she stumbles about on wobbly stilts before collapsing into the lush ferns of Ischia.  A small snort of annoyance exits the small body and I take a single step nearer.  My crown lowering to the foals level and extend an encouraging nuzzle to the fillies cheek, "Come'n... you can do it," I whisper gently.  The foal tries again with a newfound determination, I smile and pull a few tendrils of light from the sunlit sky to assist unknowingly to the young one.  Wrapping them around her smallish form and willing her to stand again.  Feathered limbs -like my fathers- teeter with imbalance as she manages to move closer to my mothers warm body.  Beaming with pride, the filly finds a food source that I had lived off of only a year ago.  

My gaze shifts back to my mother's face and a smile lights my features. "Eifa," I repeat the name my mother had given, nodding in approval.

@[Mosrael] @[Eifa] Short and I hope what she does with her magic is ok.  If not let me know Smile Perhaps we can do a new thread with Kove, Eifa, @[Kyveli]??  My spell check is not working either so... sry lol