• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  A God's Creation || Ivar ||

My lithe body cuts through the aqua and spirals me to the surface.  I may be part Kelpie but I cannot hold my breath forever, so I must return for air.  Upon doing so I take a moment to glance at the volcanic islands of Tephra.  Its beaches much different than Ischia.  Rougher. Rockier.  I would not want to drag my body onto these lands in fear I would scrap my new skin on the lava rock.  With an uplifted brow I muse over these thoughts just before diving back under the rolling ocean waves.

That is when I see he is not far behind.  Propelling forwards, a delighted smirk plays with my lips.  My sapphire eyes turn down to find him beneath me, a goofy grin plastered on his own lips.  He curls up towards me and I can feel the tracing of his fins along my scaled body.  The feeling sends a shiver of sensation down my spine and so I speed up.  Whipping my tail fin at his in the process, to bat it away from me.

The waters this close to the islands offers many rounded curves of rock and reef, so I dip below an arch of stone and into a darkened tunnel.  I find it to be short and a hole develops for me to squeeze out of on the other end.  I peer out of the opening to see if the kelpie man lurks from above... Or perhaps he follows behind me?

I enjoy a good game of hide and seek every now and then...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Ivar]
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes
    He surfaces beside her, and shakes away the water that streams down the thick strands of his dark mane. Ahead of them, the dark crest of the Tephran volcano rears against the sky. It has been years since Ivar has last thought of the sulpheric kingdom; it has become a forgotten memory. For a moment he allows himself to sink back into it. He’d been a yearling, perhaps a little older. The kelpie been softer then, just a little black and white colt. He’d not yet shed out his first adult winter coat at two years old, revealing the impenetrable pattern of sapphire, gold, and mother-of-pearl scales beneath it. There’d been a stallion – Warrick – and Ivar wonders now what might have become of the bay pegasus.

He does not know these waters well, and instinctively errs on the side of caution. Rather than follow @[Deiti] into the potentially narrow tunnel, the kelpie stays straight. Clawed hind limbs find easy purchase on the igneous rock. It feels strangely rough and light beneath his thick talons, but provides good purchase as he waits for the dark kelpie to appear at the other end of the tunnel. She’ll see him easily, bright and glittering against the black stone and dark water. He is reminded again that these are not good hunting grounds, not for those that already know him.

Perhaps this one he will keep. Ivar’s golden eyes search the darkness, narrowed between scaled eyelids that glint with a predatory hunger. She would make a lovely meal either way.

"Come out, come out wherever you are," He calls, sliding the smooth underside of his scaled tail against the abrasive stone. His voice will probably be lost in the water, but his body language says much the same thing, relaxed and unconcerned despite the unfamiliar surroundings of the volcanic kingdom.

sorry for the wait <3