• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Where the stolen roses grow - Lullaby Tähti Any

Solace

. . .

They crossed the common lands on foot, and Solace finds she is trotting a little tenderly by the end of their journey. So often she relied on her wings to travel quickly as safely across the continent, and the miles of hacking had taken their toll though she hid it well. But the journey across the land had been informative, even if it wasn't as practical. 

As they passed through Taiga, Solace had noticed how lived in the formerly quiet country had been. She had never actually seen any of the newcomers, but the signs of their existence were easy enough to read. A family of large equines didn't stay anywhere for long without leaving their mark on their environment. 

But the girl had proven to be good company and the day passed quickly between their friendly conversation and Solaces time occupied with her thoughts. She tries to answer any questions the lavender mare may have, along with giving her an overview of some of the other residents she may encounter, and soon they are crossing the sanctuary's scentlines. 

"Almost there," Solace says as the climb the foothills which divide Hyaline from the Riverlands. "I promise the treck is worth it."

The temperature drops as they cross the main pass through the mountains and the scent of the freshwater and wisteria blossoms become more apparent. Finally, as the pair reach a plateau, the lake basin opens up before them. 

With a sigh, Solace smiles. Below them, the turquoise waters sparkle playfully in the late afternoon light, and she can see several others socializing on the grassy shores.

"Well, we're here." The caretaker remarks, "This is home." 

@[Lullaby]  @[Tähti]
    Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    She treks along Beqanna with Solace in hopes to greet her new home, but the journey is long, and Lullaby becomes quite as they go forth across the common lands. But thankfully she had Solace to keep her going, and finally Solace adds into the pleasant traveling conversation, Almost there. And lullaby almost jumps in excitement, as the two trot along side by side.

It grows cold as the two travel through a mountain pass, two large chasm walls narrowing the path ahead of them forcing the two to go single file in their journey to Hyaline. But finally it opens up, revealing a gorgeous kingdom she would soon call home.

"It's gorgeous!" she remarks with a smile, as she gazed upon the aquamarine water below her that bursted with several arrays of blue reflections, while on the shoreline equine grazed and conversed amongst themselves. This was paradise.
    Lullaby

So short I'm so sorry.
    [Image: Lena.png]

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    It's been some time since my wife graced the outside lands with the breathtaking nature of her beauty: as I'd bid her farewell this morning and watched her leap into a sky full of promise, my heart glowed with pride and love. We couldn't be sure yet, but my imagination swelled her stomach ever more each day, though no change could yet be seen, if there ever would be one at all; but still, a maternal and passionate love swelled in my chest as I watched her go, a wonderful intoxication meant only for us to enjoy.

By the time she returns, the intensity of my feelings have ebbed some, but they are there still in full regalia.

I catch sight of the pair traveling in slow unison at the peak of the foothills between the Riverlands and Hyaline from my station near the middle of one of our smaller mountains. Immediately curious as to who my wife might have brought home with her, I begin the trek down the snowy mountainside, steam rising from my nostrils and mixing with the sharp prongs of my antlers. By the time they breach the plateau, so too do I, and I close the rest of the distance at an easy canter.

"Hello!" I say as I pull up in front of the duo, nutmeg eyes flashing eagerly to the newcomer. Before I get into the introductions, I deftly reach and place a kiss along Solace's golden cheekbone, greeting her in our usual fashion. Without much time spent there though, I retract my touch and look down at the little purple filly who graces our kingdom this day, reveling in her spectacular colour and the youthfulness of her frame.

"My name is Kagerus! Welcome to Hyaline. Did you journey well?" My eyes flit momentarily to Solace, a pang of worry tightening my gut at the thought of my potentially expecting mate having to traverse through enemy territory. "The winter can be harsh," I finish, eyes sliding back to the filly. I'm not sure what she knows of the political climate these days, and the last thing I want to do is scare her off with some mention of our evil neighbours.

@[Solace]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Solace

. . .

Solace will never grow tired of watching relief and awe alter the features of those who Hyaline welcomed. There was always something in that look they wore - when the moment the mountains parted and the heart of her kingdom lie exposed before them - that endeared them to her.  

Her sore legs are completely forgotten as the gold-splashed mare watches Lullaby's face light up, and she is glad that fate had spurred her to The Field this morning.  But the rhythmic three-beat canter of her mate draws her gaze away, and a similar contentment washes over Solace's features. "Hello, love," Solace greets her mate, enjoying the delicate touch of affection upon her cheek before returning her attention to her new acquaintance. 

"Kag this is Lullaby, she is a friend of Tahti's." She gives the lilac girl a moment to add her own response before her thoughts return to Kagerus' questions.

"No trouble," she replies, with a shake of her head. "I don't think we saw another soul, It was quiet out there." But the signs of activity she had seen in the redwood forest still nagged at her mind, and she decides to mention it now before she returned to her grotto for the night where it would be easy to forget the outside world. 

"It seems like life is returning to Taiga," she adds casually, but her mate will probably be able to read the hint of concern in her round, blue eyes - and maybe the perceptive filly too. "As some point we will have visit, and find out who they are." 

@[Lullaby]