• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sea Salt & Sugar // Tähti
    Fall has come and her mother is... distracted.

At six months of age, Sibyl is apparently old enough to not be minded every moment, and she takes advantage of her newfound independence. 

She confidently travels a well-worn path across Tephra's grasslands - it was a journey she had enviously watched many others make. The trail leads to an often used, quiet place to cross the channel which divides Tephra from the outside world, and once she reaches it she is gone.

Her older sister had just helped her become a better swimmer and it isn't long before she is pulling herself onto the opposite bank. She leaves the beach behind her, (she didn't want to be spotted) taking off at a gallop for unexplored ground. 

The color of midnight and moonlight, the Overseer's daughter stands out against autumns fading grasses. But thoughts of stealth never cross her mind and she lets out a good natured squeal and a buck. She had never faced danger from another of her species in her father's kingdom, and although her mother had tried to warn her, in a round-about way, that there were those in the world with bad intentions, Sibyl isn't about to curb her enthusiasm for the sake of avoiding gremlins which may or may not be hiding among the grasses.
    Tähti

A year can pass so quickly, at least, it can in Nerine. Tähti had barely gotten the time to wrap her head around her moving to the grey-sandy kingdom, when Hestia had died (apparently - she honestly hadn't taken note of the black woman much). Scorch had been given the crown, which had meant a little less training for Tähti and Wishbone, but the lessons were harder just because of it. Wishbone had grown from heir to queen in less than a year, and she spent as much time outside the kingdom as in it, whereas the black girl felt a little obliged to stick around. Which wasn't bad, at first at least. There had been other kids. Just... all had been born there, or brought there by an adoptive mother, and so they belonged more than she. Truth was, she lover her sisters in Nerine but, she loved Wishbone more, and perhaps it was just time to go home.

Before doing that, however, she was going to get back all that she had missed. She had fully grown, pretty black wings, an ebony colour like she had been born with, matching her raven mane and tail. All else that had been black, had been faded into grey, but it was still a dark and most of all, smooth colour, for which she was secretly glad. Some horses could grey so ugly, after all.

Needless to say she has put her wings to use since she could, and today she stretches them to go outside of Nerine. She flies over the river to the east, spotting the island which she has been told is Ischia, the bachelor kingdom, and almost straight ahead is Tephra, marked by a large volcano standing pretty much on it's own there. But no, she's not going there today. Today, she is going to a different land. She avoids the forest and Taiga, conjoined twins that they were to her, she doesn't want to end up in the wrong place. Instead she lands in the meadow, where she has enough space to do so.

She is a year older than the filly who is nearby, bucking around and squealing. Dancing. Or at least that is what the once-black filly decides to call it, for lack of a better name. She grins as she watches the blue figurine cross the tall grasses, and doesn't move from her spot.

we are Stars, wrapped in skin
    the Light you are searching
    has always been Within
    ©HTML Tiny

@[Sibyl]
    This is what happens in some quick time! http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19837&pid=75107#pid75107
    Siby dances, unafraid and fueled by the excitement of her first independent adventure. She dances until she nearly collides with a kind, smiling stranger. 

Then she halts, splay-legged and wide-eyed with a dramatic puff of air pushed through her dark, fluttering nostrils. But Sibyl's surprise melts away with a blink, and slowly a smile creeps across her delicate features as her eyes rise to meet those of the dark yearling.

At nearly two years old, the other girl probably has a wealth of life experience Sibyl can only envy for now, and she watches the older girl with admiration in her deep sapphire eyes.  

"Hi, I'm Sibyl!" She says, unceremoniously with a waggle of her thin tail. But then an idea strikes her, and her eyes light of with sparkling excitement. "Let's play tag!"

Now that the suggestion has been made her boundless energy surges again. Unable to hold her four legs still, Sibyl jumps forward to nip her new friend on the shoulder and declare her "It".

But as she propels herself forward her front right hoof slips out from under her, sending her rushing towards the young mare uncontrolled. Instead of her muzzle, her forehead hits the other's shoulder, and with it the little sharp nub of her budding unicorn horn.
    Tähti

The filly does notice her, and Tähti is suddenly glad because the navy-cream girl sports a horn not unlike she remembers from her mother's distant friend in Hyaline. She is aware that those things can be sharp, but she giggles at the sight of the spotted baby's wide-legged stance. To be honest, she was just like that only a year ago, and she's not old enough to have forgotten all that just yet. "Hi Sibyl, I'm Tähti! Are you on an adventure of you own today?" she asks - just confirmation that no-one is going to scorn them for playing in the meadow together because the girl should have stayed with her mother or another babysitter. The greying filly has no intention of stealing her away, intended or accidentally.

When the girl challenges her to a game, those thoughts vanish like morning mist under the summer sun. Sibyl propels forward, just when Tähti also takes a step, and suddenly a small sharp pain stops the older girl. Shaking her head, she steps backwards to avoid being pierced altogether, but she notices a rather distant look on her playmate, and falls silent just as she, wondering if she has some kind of sickness maybe?

has always been Within
    ©HTML Tiny

@[Sibyl] I suppose her precognition-vision can be of her lying on the rocks of Nerine's shore with her neck angled weirdly, and then running around the Hyaline lake as a summer-black filly slightly younger than Sibyl is now?
    Also I hope you don't mind me playing it as though she looks distant like during an 'absence', but it seemed fitting.
    Sibyl
    a splash of promise
    Four slender legs tangle below her, and she stumbles. With a gasp, her moonstone horn connects with the older girls shoulder and several droplets of blood spiral down its short length.

The iron-rich liquid looks garish as it seeps into the twisting channels of the opalescent horn, but Sibyl does not see it. Like vacant sapphires, her eyes stare out across the meadow unseeing. In her mind, she is elsewhere - in a place she has never been and in a time which has not come to be.

Shaking her head the girl steps back, reeling from her short vision. Trembling under the weight of the information she holds, the young filly seeks the eyes of her companion, "you... I saw you." she stammers, unaware of how frustratingly vague she was being. 

"You were hurt... and there was a dark stormy ocean and black rocks everywhere. Your...your," she shakes her little skull again, struggling to phrase what she had seen. "Your head was on a rock, and it didn't look right...  there were red flowers covering everything around you, and then they covered you too. I couldn't see you anymore, but when I tried to move to help you I was rooted like a stone. But then a wave came up and swept away the flowers, and you were there... but different. You were little, younger than me! And the little black filly stood up and started walking as if she had only just taken a nap." Her voice rises as she retells the conclusion of her story, the fear leaving her eyes.

"It was so clear, It was like I was there... it wasn't just a daydream. What is happening?"

Tähti

As Tähti tries to talk, she readily understand that Sibyl does not hear her. She shuts her open mouth, and uncomfortably watches. Should she warn someone? But then, she doesn’t know who to warn, and looking around she spots nobody even remotely looking like the girl with the glazed-out eyes. She shifts in place, but, remains - the least she can do is protect her from predators.

Luckily, the blue and white girl snaps out of it quickly. The grey-and-black filly sighs with relief and opens her mouth again to tell her that perhaps if she has this condition she should never travel alone - but then when the younger girl talks and says she’s seen her - Tähti - as if it were a vision, she just stands there gaping at her.

”You mean like... a vision?” It doesn’t make sense. Yes, the place sounds like the Nerinian coast. Yes, she used to be a black filly back in the the rest of it is something she can’t grasp. Was Sibyl watching things backwards in time? But twisted, like it meant something else? Or was it just the girl’s own mind, that had placed Tähti and red blooming blood flowers in such a vision because of the shock of drawing blood at all?

She shivers, then shakes her head. The fact that Nerine was in her vision was so weird. ”Let’s just forget about that, okay? No need to worry. But maybe you shouldn’t travel alone if you go all absent like that. You were a very easy prey just now.” her smile falters only just a bit, worrying herself over what Sibyl thought she saw. But there wasn’t much to do about it, so perhaps, she should just ignore it. Maybe it was just her mind twisting things. Probably it was. ”Do you.... want me to walk you home?” The girl looked as shakily as herself, after all.

has always been Within
    ©HTML Tiny

@[Sibyl] I’m thinking maybe after Tähti is settled back in Hyaline they can meet again?
    She sees the way the other girl shivers, and she the strangeness of what she has seen is only magnified. 

"You were okay at the end," she reminds her lightly, hoping that she won't be blamed for what has happened in her vision. The scent of the blood on her horn finds her nose once again, and she begins to feel sick to her stomach.

Just as she is beginning to feel a little lost, Thati suggests walking her home, and the midnight filly is thrilled to accept her idea. But the sleepiness that is washing ower her inhibits her usual display of enthusiasm.

Her tiny hooves drag with each step as she falls into step beside her new friend (yes, Sibyl will tell her mother she made a friend today) and eventually takes the liberty to press her side lightly to the others as they walk. 

OOC: I will send her to Hyaline after her Abysm thread is done and I would love for them to meet again! Next time, Sibyl will be 'older' than her