• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a bullet to the brain || Arthas ||

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

Loess was just the way I’d left her.

Beautiful, unassuming, and exceptionally quiet. I don’t mind so much anymore, especially since I know that this time the stallion bringing me back here is actually invested in spending time with me for a particular set of reasons I’m actually looking forward to. I’m certain he’ll be pleasantly surprised by my natural abilities but for now we’re still lowly chatting to one another. He’d been patient, letting my usually airborne feet rest as we journeyed back and for that I’m grateful: it gives me ample time to work out his personality quirks and adjust my own to match.

If anything, I’m masterful at convincing others I adore them. “Looks like we’ll catch a sunset,” I gleam with a bright smile, once we’ve reached the hilly kingdom’s borders and are passing through. The low scrub and tangled brush will give way to flat grassland soon enough, rocky and smattered with all kinds of flora. “do you want to relax in the steam pools, or maybe head for the beach?” I suggest, really open to doing whatever he liked for however long he wanted.

“Oh Arthas,” I sigh, seemingly overcome with a rush of emotion from being back, leaning against him while our steps lead us into the heart of the country, “I’m so happy to be here … thank you.” I flutter, planting an innocently light kiss against his broad shoulder. “I feel that I’m going to be very happy here, and that you’ll be very happy with me, too.”

@[Arthas] <3
    Arthas
    She agreed to come to Loess with him, relief to the ears. When they reached the kingdom she seemed pleased, as though the kingdom was everything she had remembered. A gentle smile tugged at his lips, watching her take in the scenery once more.

His ears flicked left to her as she spoke, noting the sun was setting. I am sure it will be a beautiful sight he responds, but what he really wanted to say was that she was a beautiful sight. They continued to watch and he couldn't help but gather a familiar feeling. One that reminded him of his last time in beqanna.....with the mare who ripped his heart from him. Although all of his anger from her had been released, was this young mare breaking through to him? The thick wall he put him all these years ago?

His attention flicks from his thoughts back to Rey as she asks if he wanted to go to the steam pools or beach. The steam pool sounds perfect! He smiles, he extends his neck to gently nudge her shoulder and they change the direction of there path to that of the steam pool. Oh Arthas she says, she leaned into him confessing her joy to be back in Loess. Before he could respond she kisses his shoulder and his body grew warm and butterflies fluttered in his stomach. I feel that I'm going to be very happy here she says, a smile curling on his maw. He allows his body to be pressed against hers, he returns the kiss on her cheek, gently nuzzling her. I hope so, I am very happy you came back with me.

They eventually met the steam pool, and he wastes no time stepping in. The water reaches his belly and he was instantly relaxed by the warmth. Rey, I know I told you I was king but what if I stepped down? His gaze flicked to find hers. Was she only interested because of his title? He loved Loess, and he loved being king but he was run thin, and he had different desires to carry out. Plus he had full faith in Wolfbane to lead the kingdom successfully. I will stay in Loess of course, just not as the king.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey] Smile<3

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

Arthas is sweet. About as sweet as can be for someone of his stature and world knowledge. I feel a twinge of the old dog regret nipping at my heels when his reassuring nose brushes against my skin, (what was I doing here?) but like all those times before I kick it away with the help of my memories. Arthas is sweet because he doesn’t know me, and I intend to keep it that way for a good long while.

There’s certainly something reassuring in his kiss; something honest and perhaps hopeful. It strikes me, as we finally find ourselves stopping at the foggy banks of the pools, that the gray stallion belly-deep before me would make an excellent father and protector … and not just for myself. A pleasant, untempered nature such as his was worth returning to Loess so I answer him truthfully as my legs guide me expertly into the thermal waters beside him.

“King, not King ...” I shrug gently, easing closer so that I could tug his heavy, dark mane, “If I didn’t want to want to be here, I wouldn’t be.” I smile, enjoying the way it felt to be near him. It was obvious that his attachment was serious, and I liked him all the better for it. Where else would I go, anyways?

“Are there any other women in your life I should be worried about?” I ask him after a pause, curious to know if I’d be wrecking some other hopeful romantic in the making. Not that I’d be deterred anyways; all’s fair in love and war. “No Maria or Maura to go along with your Dacia?” I laugh softly, pressing the curve of my carnation-colored lips to his neck.

@[Arthas]
    Arthas
    He didn't think it was possible to 'love' again, but perhaps...just perhaps it was possible. He had blocked out all the thoughts, only thinking with the physical feelings. He wanted to get to know Rey, there was something about her, he could not point it out exactly but she kept him wanting to know more.

She joins him in the pool of water and his gaze follows her as she walks up to him, she tugs at his mane and notes that she did not care for about his rank. He looks at her and a smile tugs at his lips, she was here for something other than his position. He couldn't say the same for some of his other 'interests', but she was already appearing to be loyal to Arthas, for Arthas, not for his title. I am glad to hear it a short nicker echos passed his lips and he playfully nudges her shoulder.

are there other women in your life she asks, continuing on to joke about there first encounter. No maria....to go along with your Dacia He cannot help but laugh and shake his head playfully. Although her question makes Lepis flick into his mind, sure there was Despayr but Lepis was the only one to make him question his decisions. He looks to find her gray eyes, he would not lie to her There are others......but you...you are the only one I need. He steps closer to her, his muzzle trails from her cheek to the base of her neck. He cared deeply for Lepis, but he could barely look at her....after he return from Sylva. Are you asking to be the only one of my interest? the expectations should be made clear at this point, he was not sure what he wanted. All he knew was he needed to know her more, and if she wanted it to be the two them, he could keep that promise to her.

Dangerous Business

@[Rey] I did not expect it to go this way...lol but he is a sucker

Rey

-Black cat in disguise-

Such an honest bloke, in every sense of the word. I ignore that part of yourself where humanity lives and close my eyes when Arthas reassures me with kindness and affection. It’s simpler just to flutter my lips into a pretty smile and blink my eyes calmly towards him as he does his best to be chivalric. “No, don’t think about it anymore.” I soothe him, pressing myself closer as my lips pepper the handsome angles of his smokey cheeks with kisses.

“I didn’t mean to make you nervous. You’re wonderful, and there’s a shortage of wonderful stallions in our world.” I sigh truthfully, pulling my eager face away from his. We’d traveled all this way, he’d been so open to me and kindly given back the home I so casually left once before. Enough of my teasing.

I focus instead on the way the water feels as it pulls the ache from my muscles. The tension from today’s whirlwind events uncoils inside of me and I let my thoughts wander to other, more engaging ideas of how we might spend our time together here. Casually I angle my body opposite his, so that I’m facing his hind and he’s likewise looking at mine, and from there I let my curious nostrils explore the strong, ashen arc of his back and croup. “I’ll tell you what I do want,” my voice pipes up from behind him, soft and sensuous.

My tail hitches, and the obvious timing of the seasons seems too good an opportunity to pass up for once in my life.

“A miniature version of you, running around here. I think that would do it.” I joke lightly, tilting my head back to pin him with a heated glare.

@[Arthas] she thinks he's just what she needs Smile