• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take Me to the Waters Edge {Ketzia}

And if the stars aligned, would it be you and I?
    Ketzia
    Everything was dark. Floating within the cruel depths of her unconsciousness moments from her short life played out before her eyes. Vaguely she recalled her time in the womb, cocooned within the warmth of her faceless mother and pressed tightly beside her smaller sister. Even then, at the very start of her life, Kove had been her truest companion. Their entrance into the world had been the start of their unbreakable bond, adventures and exploration filling their time with endless delight. Emboldened by her own assurance, it seemed as though she had taken things a bit too far. Her heart ached to think she had unintentionally forced harm upon Kove or, perhaps even worse, disappointed their father. Swimming into view, her father’s face appeared handsome and brave as ever. Fondly the memory of their mornings together presented themselves – and more recently – their evenings followed quickly behind. Mama and Papa were happy for the first time ever and Ketzia held onto the hope that they would finally be a real family. 

But it was all gone now. The earth had vanished beneath her and had deposited her into the arms of the ocean’s unfriendly embrace. She had sunk, she remembered, and air had fled from her lungs leaving her thrashing within the pull of the currents. Realization washed through her all at once. Although so young, it seemed that her time was up and death had come to claim her. 

“Ketzia!” Her father’s voice broke through the haze of her unconsciousness, forcing oxygen down her wind pipe as she gasped in response. Jolted upright she sputtered and shook as the remnants of her misadventure expelled from her body.

There was a burning within her nose as a warm trickle ran down her muzzle. Blurred and stinging her eyes blinked feverishly as her mind responded to the aching of her once depleted tendons as they gradually deoxygenated. Through grit and salt her gaze first fell upon her mother standing protectively nearby. Behind her two unfamiliar figures drew near, concern etched upon every face. Trembling she felt, rather than saw, as her mother lowered herself down beside her. Gravitating towards her warmth she whimpered into her dry pelt. Cold and soaked, Ketzia could not summon the courage to gaze upon her father. She had not heeded his warning to remain inland – she was prepared to hear his reprimand. 

Or would you bid me a celestial goodbye?

@[Kove]
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

It all happens so quickly and just how, escapes my naive mind.  The only thing I remember is leaping in after my sister and the dull roaring of waves around me(us).  Just what happens next is a mystery to me.  I can feel the light breaths rising and lowering my midsection as I lay still upon the lava rock of my home.  

Muffled voices surround me and draw me back from the light that extends into the darkness I have fallen into.  I see memories of my young life, my sister, mother, father.  They are all there with me in a mirage of my mind.  I try to speak but no words leave my moving lips.  The muscles in my face tighten to show my distress but my eyes remain unopened.  That's when I feel the soft, and familiar, caress of my mothers muzzle upon my dished profile.  So many times before I have felt this touch soothing my worries away.  I see her face then, in my mind mirages.  It is the hardened lines of years gone by, the softest of eyes, and a strength unmatched by any I've known. 

Mother. 

"Momma."  The singular word is weak as it slips through my dried lips.  Lashes flutter open hesitantly, the light of the day bore into them without forgiveness.  Slowly vision clears to reveal the sight of my family around me; momma, papa, sissy and two others I have never met before but the one looked familiar.  "Ketzia!" I say with more vigor. "A..are you ok?"  My strength slowly gains and I manage to lift my head with a slight wobble.  Blinking a few times clears any fogginess left behind by the ordeal...

@[Ketzia] I will do K now and close this thread..?

As he hushes his elder children, he watches the caring manor in which Mosrael nudges his youngest child.  She thanks him unnecessarily.  Instantly he feels the same affections for her that he had when they first met.  Silver-hazel eyes watch them intently then slip to Ketzia and observe the way she fears his gaze.  He could have scolded her.  Told her she should have known better and the immense danger she had put both of them in, but he knows she knows.  It is a hard lesson learned.  Luckily, they will both survive. This time.

Kove begins to stir and his gaze shifts back to where she lies.  Struggling to find her grounding again but thankfully alive and seemingly unscathed.  His crown lowers to her level and he presses the broad side of his snout to her neck.  Her meek voice calls to her mother first and then her sister.  These are the staples in her life.  

Soon he rises his head and regards his family, "You all must leave now," he reaffirms. "I will return for you...one day," it is a promise of sorts, but the only one he can offer.  Turning to the wind, he looks one last time at the family he has come to know and adore before casting himself onto the sulfur breeze...

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Mosrael] So I see them parting ways here and K doesn't know who goes where
    Mosrael
    i'm way too
    good at goodbyes

The world stands still, even the breeze ceases its tickling and the quiet consumes her. While the foals press themselves against her she kept her amber eyes firmly upon her lavender lover. His movements are slow and purposeful as his gaze falls upon each of his children in turn. The love he had for them was blatantly obvious. Something heavy weighed upon him, but he still failed to offer any new explanation. There were so many questions that begged to be answered but she remained silent. Ambition sometimes appeared more as a curse than a blessing. It felt so unfair that they had begun to find their happiness only have it torn away. Softly he nuzzles Kove as she awakens and Mosrael held her breath.

When he speaks his voice is urgent and strained and uncertainty gripped her cruelly. With every fiber of her being she wants to go to him. To lean against him and back in the warmth of his masculine scent. If she could remind him that her heart belonged to him maybe it would be enough...

Before she can even flinch he quickly launches into the sky, into the embrace of that place she was unable to follow. Her gaze follows his silhouette as he flies until the sight of him dissolves before her. As her stomach twists she wonders if she would ever see him again.

@[Klaudius] wanted to close this out on my end as well. Smile