• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

God called in sick today [Any]
    Kreep
    Lets admire the pattern forming. Murderous friligree. 

Father sang me this song a lot, I found. It wasn’t a lullaby though. It was almost his prophecy for me, telling me what we could become if we worked together. 

I’m caught in the twisting of the vine. Go ascend with ivy, climbing. 

I am tucked safely between a rock and towering birch tree. I watch the creeper climb over the boulder and sneak towards the tree, threatening to devour it with its viney claws.

ignore and leave for me the headstone crumbling behind. I can’t help my laughter as she cries.

I begin to chuckle. “Take it, take the tree!” I chant, over and over. Father doesn’t allow me much freedom, so I must make my own fun. My coat changes colors as I imagine the creeper going in for it’s kill. Take it, take it!

My soul brings tears to angelic eyes. Let’s amend the classic story, close it so beautifully, I’ll let animosity unwind. 

I roll over playfully onto my back. The creeper is nearly upon the birch tree now. It snakes its way up the bark, closing in. Take it, take the tree! 

Steal away the darkened pages, hidden shamefully. I’ll still feel the violence of the lines. 

The tree screams, begs for help. The creeper is reaching its ivy fingers into its heart, playing with the strings. It plucks them like a violin, I hum to the tune. Take it, take it!

I can’t stand my laughter as they cry. My soul brings tears to angelic eyes

The tree begs for help, but no help is there. The rambler grasps his heart with those long claws and I let out a howling laugh. This will be your demise, tree. Take it, take the tree!

And miles away my mother cries. Omnipotence, nurturing malevolence. 

The creeper stares at me, Cheshire smile twitching his lips. Take it! He pulls out the heart, and the tree lets out a final gasp. Birch crumbles to the ground and the creeper moves on, taking what he wants from all the others. Take each tree, he’s never done. 

My soul brings tears to angelic eyes…

God called in sick today

Kreep is very bored, as Morty keeps him secluded because of the tension Krone’s death will cause. Come play with him!
    A lonesome wind rushes past though no hint of spring lingers. The fire forests of Sylva refuse to kneel to Mother Natures will, instead choosing to eternally remain in the decaying season. It's only fitting that the outcasts of Beqanna call the kingdom of dying giants home.

Today I find myself rather bored.  No nook or cranny of the kingdom has gone unexplored by me and I've met many of her inhabitants already.   In fact the idea of visiting the allied kingdom holds a certain appeal to it. I am about to alter my path in favor of the direction for Loess, but my progression falters when the whisper in the wind carries a peculiar voice on her airy wings.  The voice flutters past my ears like the gentle touch of a butterfly and immediately my attention shifts once more.

It isn't long before I reach a gathering of giants and giantesses worked into an uproar.  Something seems to have worked them into an absolute tizzy.  I'm trying to understand they're frenzied words but the bickering is outright consuming. And then I notice the giant near the rock that has remained silent.  Now this is rather unusual for their kind so naturally I'm curious. 

Approaching with mild caution, I come round the boulder to catch a glimpse of a child.  Immediately I smile reassuringly at him, my eyes softening considerably. I rather have a soft spot for children--they're minds are open and they can see and hear things most adults would choose to logic away.  Not so unlike myself, really.

"Hello, sweetling. What happened here?"

@[Kreep]

[OOC: You're post was so beautiful I couldn't resist.]
    Kreep
    And miles away my mother cries…

I hear her voice before I see her. An angelic soprano, cutting through the quiet of the trees. It causes the vine to recoil, she had startled it, but she hadn’t startled me.

I’m still laying on my back when she comes into view. I look up at her upside down figure and grin. She is beautiful shades of gold with ebony drapery. Her voice is sweet, unlike the shrill scream of my nursemaid. I don’t know my real mother (and the woman who fed me was far from nurturing, the scars on my small body only go to prove it), but I was hoping it was her.

“The creeper came and took the trees, Mama,” I tell her, wriggling my long legs playfully. The sun peers through the trees an illuminated my speckled coat. But I want it to look like hers…

So I change it, first starting from my legs, up, until I look like morning sunshine. “I look like you, Mama. Don’t you like it?”

God called in sick today

@[Jackel] they’re gonna be so cute together!
    The moments when I'm rendered speechless are few and far between.  This was not one of those times, but it ran pretty close as I watch the child upon his back.  He calls me Mama and there is an odd mixture of thoughts swirling in my head.  There's an impulse mixed somewhere in there to back away slowly and pretend like I saw  and heard nothing; afterall I had only asked about what happened to the giantess looming nearby.  I didn't particularly think I could possibly come away from this day with a child in tow.

But amidst all the cluttered uncertainty of what path to take next, a strange voice begins to dominate all others, rooting me to the spot where I stood.  The voice in my head has my literal voice quieted for now, as flickering ears and quizzical, dark eyes watch as he  wills his coat into the mirrored image of my own.  I'll admit I'm rather glad the voice had me stay put now, having seen what curiosities the tiny colt was capable of performing.

At first I open my mouth to tell him that I am not his mother, only the possibility of a friend.  But quickly my mouth snaps shut, thinking the better of it.  Perhaps that would be a truth to share with him another day.  For now, I think I'd like to spend some more time with him.

"Precious boy," I say silkily, taking a step closer to where he lays upon the ground, "I would like it no matter what color you were, from the darkest black to the brightest white and everywhere in between." Dropping my head, I breathe deeply the scent of him while nibbling gently at his small face.  The scent of my nightmare is there prevalent, mixed with others I am unware of.  My usual wide grin emerges, though the voids of my eyes remain a softened black, "No wonder the giants are bickering, if the creeper is about wreaking havoc again.  Can you hear their voices of misery, my precious boy?"

@[Kreep] soo Jack is a bit more motherly than I had expected her to be. Who knew? Also, they will be super cute!
    Kreep
    Omnipotence, nurturing malevolence...

I hear the voices all too much, I always have.

Quiet whispers sail on the wind, through the trees and to my waiting ears. Sometimes, I cannot tell if they are other horses or the shadows themselves. I like to think my forest sings to me, the way Dynast never does. Papa tries (and oh do I beg him to), but he’s busy and doesn’t do it often.

“Then I will be all the colors, Mama,” I tell my golden lady. My coat shifts to every color I can imagine, a rainbow in the middle of the forest. “The creeper is my only friend. I like when he makes the trees scream…” I flip over onto my stomach and cease the changing of my pallet, legs sprawled beneath me. “...he could take the whole forest if he wants to.” I giggle impishly. Could she see him, the rambler as it crawls back over my hidden body? It will come for her as it comes for the trees, but will instead caress her beauty. “He won’t hurt you, he knows I like you!”

God called in sick today

@[Jackel] he does whatever he wants in my head, so I’m sorry for the weird post xD
    "Like a little chameleon,” I say with a fluttering laugh.

The boy had just put on the most beautiful show of colors for me, shifting through the entire prism at a simple whim.  It’s delightful to behold, until he speaks again.  The wide grin on my face falls to nearly a flat plane as I consider his words;  this is the closest I’ve been to frowning in a very long time and to be honest, the unfamiliar downturn of muscles is practically painful.  It doesn’t last for long though, as I smile brilliantly once more, realizing the beauty of the situation for what it was. ”The creeper is smart, always listen to his wisdom.  And luckily, we can all be friends now.  You, me, and the creeper.  We will have so much fun!”

I am practically dancing with anticipation where I stand,  but I am oh so careful not to trample his precious little legs.  A shifting movement catches the wildness dancing in my eyes and my head lowers to quirk towards the change, my dashing smile widening impossibly further.  My soft nose nudges into his small body, ”I believe you, my precious boy.  The giants have awakened from his presence, they will not like him taking what belongs to them.”  Softening my voice to a mere whisper, my smile shifting to mischief, ”How can we help the creeper collect their hearts?  I want to hear all of Sylva scream.”

@[Kreep] don't worry, I can totally relate! XD
    Kreep
    Her nose is soft like damp spring soil. I lean into it, grinning ear to ear. “You feel like the silk-worms satin, Mama,” I whisper to her, gently kissing the tip of her nose with my tongue.

I contemplate her question, rising on shaky legs. Out of my cocoon, like a little moth, i sidle up to her, rubbing my body upon hers. She smells like blood and fallen leaves - I love that smell.

“We help him hunt, Mama!” I exclaim, wiggling my rump in anticipation “Teach me, let’s help the creeper!”

God called in sick today

@[Jackel] <3