• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the whole damn sky holds its breath; any
    to make something beautiful should be enough;

Live too long as a ghost and it starts to consume you.
    Salt prefers that form, always has – there’s a comfort in it, in being transparent and intangible. In her corporeal form, she is clumsy, bumping into things, things ache or burn when used too often or incorrectly.
    She thinks she’d live eternally as a ghost, if it wasn’t for her mother, who was quick to scold her. You’ll miss out, Gail said, living this way. There’s a whole world out there. Friends and lovers and children and even enemies. Things that make life exciting.
    Perhaps – but Salt has none of these. Her only friend is her sister, whom she hasn’t spoken to in some time. She’s never had a lover, or a child, or an enemy. So life, in this form, is rather boring and a bit painful.
    But she tries. For mother, who tries to hide her envy when Salt leaves the afterlife.

She was bred at a crossroads, a mortal king and a dead queen, and the result – a ghost shifting girl – was an apt mix of the two. Almost storybook, really.
    She takes to the woods because there’s comfort in shadows, they dapple her grayed body like a whisper of intangibility, and she takes every ounce of it she can get.
    She swallows, and moves on. She resists the urge to transition into a ghost, but every step’s a struggle, and she can’t help but sigh.

salt

Abra
    Morty had told her to do this.

Go explore, Abra, He had said. You’re of no use to me if you don’t know anything of Beqanna but the forest. He’d sent her on her way, telling her not to come back to Sylva until she’d done something halfway useful. Yeah, whatever, asshole.

She’d went, despite the initial protest about taking care of Sylva with him. Pissed off as she was, she couldn’t disobey him; maybe it was her age, maybe it was because he was her big brother and she wanted to impress him. Who knows, she just went.

She slinks to yet another forest (not her forest, but good enough), and sighs with relief wants she’s within its darkness. She’s never been much of a “sunshine and rainbows” girl, after all.

She reaches the forest’s middle, taking her time with each step. She doesn’t know What will be on the other side, she doesn’t really care. She just wants to do something for her brother then go home.
    I’ll be the actress starring in your bad dreams

@[Salt]
    Taria

She has been busy with her tasks for Loess, she went to Sylva ensuring there alliance still stood. It was a peaceful visit, seemed like the two kingdoms would make a great team when it comes down to battle. And then she was busy with Leilan, the annoying stallion, but she couldn't blame him. He only wanted a friend, someone to make his time pass while he was captive.

It had been a while since she has visited the neutral lands, out to recruit, out to meet anyone new. She decided to visit the forest, she always enjoyed the scent it carried in the spring. The budding plants, the evergreens smelled the sweetest this time of the year. She was not the friendliest of mares, but spring seemed to be her friendliest.

It was not long before she spotted a an equine, she was gray in color and appeared to be lost in her thoughts. Taria knew better than to underestimate anyone, she remained aware of her surroundings as she approached the mare. She stops a few paces away and dips her head slightly What brings you to the forest? she forces herself to be friendly, to make small talk. Perhaps the mare would turn up having an interesting story, one that made the trip worth while. My name is Taria, I reside in Loess. She introduces herself, it was only proper.

You're Not Gunna Break My Soul

@[Abra]@[salt] OOC: I took it as Abra had not gone up to Salt yet, so thats why I did not add her to my post^^
    to make something beautiful should be enough;

You’d think, being raised in the afterlife among dead things, she’d be morbid.
    Salt isn’t, though, not really. She’s quick to laugh, and she has no idolizations of death (but then, she doesn’t see it as an endpoint, only a different realm, and she is already so comfortable being close to dead).
    The words echo through the forest and cause her head to jerk upward, and she sees a mare, bay, looking at her curiously. She smiles, tentative, and only then notices another mare, this one darker, there but further back and quiet. She nods to both of them, heart speeding up – she doesn’t have much in the way of social graces – and fighting the urge to switch to her ghastlier form.
    (There is just such comfort in intangibility.)

“Hello,” she says, “my name is Salt.”
    She ponders Taria’s question. In truth, nothing compelled her here – she simply likes the forest, likes the interplay of shadows and sunlight.
    (It was also the last place she saw her sister – but that is too much.)
    “It’s peaceful,” she says, finally, “and it reminds me a little of home.”
    There is a parallel in the tranquility, she supposes – though there were no trees in the afterlife. Not in the same way.
    “And what about you? What brings you here?”

salt

yes I wasn't sure how to write Abra in so just have her walk up Smile

Abra
    A familiar voice catches the darker mare’s attention, followed by one that was soft and foreign. Abra takes the opportunity as it comes to her, and turns, making her way through the trees to Taria and the stranger, Ebony bodice slides next Taria, and Abra looks up with mischievous two-toned eyes.

“Did you miss me, Taria?” She coos, letting out an impish giggle before turning her head. The mare now has a name (salt), and smiles. “I love the forest...where do you come from?” She doesn’t mean to interrupt (okay, yes she does), she’s just bored, and idle hands are the Devil’s workshop they say.
    I’ll be the actress starring in your bad dreams