• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's no remedy for memory; hephaestus

I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
    your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head.

Leaving the confined forest of the meadow for someone had never crossed her mind. She left early in the morning hours of the day, making her way towards a land she had never been to—Hyaline. The direction towards the kingdom was west. West is where she headed, a long journey ahead of her.

It took more time then she had thought possible. The black mare had trekked through the cold rive that divided the forest with the rest of the land. She then pushes through more forests and even climbed mountains. Eventually, she found herself in the later morning the next day on the mountain overhang of Hyaline.

The sight, especially on a spring day, was breathtaking. Hyaline was covered in beautiful colored trees of all sorts, and in the middle of the land laid a lake clearer and bright than she had ever known possible. So, this is where you call home, she thinks with a smile.

Erinys makes her way down from the mountain with ease. Her legs feel long and wobbly, but she pushes on no matter how tired she might be. She is determined to see him again—the black monster. He had never left her thoughts after they had departed while she stayed within the meadow and he came to Hyaline.

Reaching the very end of the mountainside, she takes a couple steps into the flatter part of the land. Her amber eyes search the horizon, looking for any signs of the giant black stallion. The chances of seeing him were pretty slime, but she hopes he will come.

She had to see him.

Erinys
    pazuzu x ripley
    html © shelbi | character info: here | character reference: here

@[Hephaestus]
    Hephaestus
    Hyaline was his home now. The concept still felt strange to him. Since he’d arrived in Beqanna he’d wandered aimlessly throughout the kingdoms, never settling on just one. It was simpler that way. He’d wanted to spare himself the pain of rejection, the pain of their constant questions. He’d quickly discovered, however, that it didn’t matter. No matter how hard he craved silence, he’d always been met with curiosity.

Many mornings he wondered from his sleeping spot to watch the sunrise upon a nearby ledge. The way the sun rose up from behind the peaks and kissed the land – it made him feel grateful for his place there.

This morning had been much like the others. Still as stone he stood as he watched the world around him awaken. Birds flew from their nests and various other creatures left their dens in search of breakfast. Their day to day toiling brought him peace. There’s was a seemingly simple existence. It was as he watched a mother bird feed her young that a familiar scent wafted up to him upon his perch.

His head snapped in the direction of her sweet perfume, his eyes narrowing upon the sight of her in disbelief. Like him, she’d reveled in her seclusion – choosing to remain hidden upon the brambles and branches of the forest. Not now, it would seem. She’d left the comfort of her chosen exile and he saw the searching in her eyes.

Peeling himself away he casually made his way down to her, his hooves dislodging stones and dirt and he slid down the slight decline. Level with her now, he rounded the curve, revealing himself to her.

“Erinys?”

Her name was question enough and he knew that she would understand the hidden questions that boiled within him. Why are you here?
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
    your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head.

Erinys had never risked leaving the confided safe haven she had built for herself between the forest and meadow. It was always there she knew she could return to without the eyes of the world watching her—she didn’t care to be looked upon or judged. As always, she thought it was best to remain away from the eyes of others.

She, however, her constant worry of others judging her, had a strength within her. It was a power that had aided her in surviving when she was left to fend from the world on her own. Erinys only knows how to care for herself—not in a selfish way, but because she only knows how to care for the only person she truly has come to know. But something changed when she met Hephaestus, something within her was planted and started to grow.

“Erinys?”

Her heart jumps out of her chest for a moment. The inked mare turns her head into his direction, brightly burnt amber eyes quickly find the one she had been looking for. She smiles softly at him. It’s all to natural the way her smile grows when she sees him, when she takes in everything that he is.

It’s now she realizes his question in her name. A question that is obvious enough for the way he speaks it in her name. He didn’t need to even show or ask it—she knew it already. She knew it would come up.

How silly could she have been though. Maybe I shouldn’t have come, she thinks. The idea of it all seems rather silly now. He didn’t invite her to come and visit. She had come on her own accord, welcomed herself without even asking if she could see him again. Foolish girl, she thinks.

“I-I,” she looks away from him for a moment, her smile fading. “I wanted to see you,” she finally says, softly, her amber eyes once more find his own gaze.

Erinys
    pazuzu x ripley
    html © shelbi | character info: here | character reference: here

@[Hephaestus]
    Hephaestus
    It is not easy to forget the moment his eyes had first met hers from across the spans of the Meadow. One million emotions had flooded his senses. Their spirits had been kindred from the start, victims of the short comings of their lives. He’d seen his own pain mirrored within the depths of her amber gaze.

He recognizes the effects of his words upon her instantly, bursting up from the innocence of her searching’s. The sudden sharpness of his wordless question had wounded her. Cursing himself he closed the distance between them, his eyes softening upon her. It was hard for him to ignore the prettiness of her face as she smiles. Despite her poorly formed body, her features were gentle and not without beauty. When they’d first met he’d done his best to assure her that the fate she’d given herself did not have to be how her story ended. There was hope for her and a place if only she was willing to reach out and take it. Tough words coming from the likes of him. And, yet, here they stood. The homed and the homeless.

Her smile fades as the realization of his unfiltered response to her presence hit her. Erinys becomes listless, her eyes shifting about herself. As she speaks his heart leans towards her and his body responds by rushing to embrace her. Pulling her tightly against his chest he is filled with a warmth he handn’t felt in a long time. If ever.

“I am glad that you came.”
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Erinys]