• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Be the Anchor [Kagerus]
    Find peace in knowing we aren’t always broken
    Mother had finally told me the story, and I didn’t know what to feel. 

She told me about her and dad (he’s not your dad Embark), of the wraith’s capture. She told me of her torture and rape (and subsequently my conception), of her rescue and of Imperial’s discovery of Deiti (she’s not even you sister…). She told me of the clown and his torture, of her inability to fight. 

And finally she told me that he was now beginning an uprising. And Sylva and Loess were at the forefront of it…

I bore the eyes and blood of Gryffen, the infamous Wraith who once terrorized Beqanna. And this thought sickened me, down to my very core. Everything I once knew was turned upside down, and I finally understood why Deiti had left...but mostly, I knew I had to do something. 

I call for her, the new Caretaker, a desperate call on the horizon. She had told us at the meeting about joining castes, whether that be political or war. But before I did that, I needed to be taught how. I spent an entire life secluded, after all. 

“Kagerus,” I murmur as she approaches. “My name’s Embark and please...I need to talk to you.” 

Embark

@[Kagerus] I know this is blah but basically she feels ashamed that gryffen is her dad and wants to prove she isn’t like him.

kagerus
    as dreams are to the sleeper, so am I to you
    There's a call for me on the horizon, and my heart squeezes. Although my duties have not changed much since I transitioned to the position of Queen Consort, it still feels very strange to be called upon; perhaps this is why Solace is so exhausted so much of the time, constantly stretched thin by every single person needing to ask her a question or worry over a single thing.

This is why she brought me up with her; and as I realize that by doing these things I am helping her and healing her, the squeeze in my stomach releases.

Gliding across the snowy foothills at an easy trot, my nutmeg eyes go in search of the caller. Before long, a pretty palomino girl appears, sparkling in the thin winter sunlight. I'd seen her at the meeting, but I hadn't as of yet gotten to introduce myself, at least one on one. Whinnying gentle across the distance between us, I come to a halt just in front of her, listening with perked ears to the timid words the girl speaks.

"I am all ears, Embark. And welcome to Hyaline by the way; I'm not sure I've seen you before." Settling into a hip, the black-horned mare paid close attention to what the young woman would say next, eager to present herself well as the new Queen Consort of Hyaline.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver