• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I woke up like this - Any

Well this is different. Loess is a land with chaos built right into the geography, where climate means little from one vale to the next. Its a little disconcerting, to be perfectly honest. But it is a change, and I need change. Besides, this is Castile's domicile, and my affection for him is enough to keep me local for the time being. For now I keep my feet on the ground. What with all the shifting monarchies and the migration of the kingdom inhabitants, I have to wonder if I'll come across a soul. Surely, it's quiet now. 

Restlessly, I have wandered. Why not? I have little else to keep me occupied these days. The chill in the air hat made my coat grow long in defense, but I have spent hours refining it. Once more I glow with otherworldly glamour, the flames of my mane shining in iridescent loveliness. It is a kind of control. When all else fails, I can be beautiful, and it is a truth solely in my power. Little else is, anymore. Perhaps that will change. Not today, no, but soon. For now I seek connection, conversation. Perhaps I'll come across Arthas, and see if he is a one worthy of a degree of loyalty. It's possible. There is another nearby, watching me. With a bored rustling of wings, I step around to sight them. "Come out, come out, whoever you are!" My voice carries, silver toned and feminine, with a vague undercurrent of something less delicate. I was nice. I was kind. It made me weak. It was time to try a different tack, or rather, it was time to return to my roots. Sweet and kind conflict when your newest goal is to kill a clown. Brutally.

SABRA

I'm Hell on Heels, Say What You Will

Despayr
    As the temperatures begin to change the landscape, I find it also is changing me.  My dark blueish grey coat is becoming thick and if i'm not mistaken, so is my mid-section.  He had asked me to carry his spawn, and of course I agreed.  With uncertainties but there was nothing more I could do.  My position anywhere was my usefulness.  Plus I was his gift wasn't I...

My nights involved entertaining him.  I did not object to this in the slightest.  There was something about courting a king that required finess.  Especially one of his preferences.  There was nothing gentle about his love and I rather liked it that way.  If there wasn't bloody knees every know and then, you weren't doing it right.  But I guess thats just my opinion...

The days though were much different.  Arthas was busy with kingdom duties and ridding the land of trespassers. I entertained myself by scoping out the rolling hills and cragged rock formations scattered about the land.  Seeking something of interest but typically I found little.  Every so often a woodland creature darted past me.  They were so less interesting than ocean creatures...

I halt my leisurely walk as spot a light figure almost shimmering in the daylight.  A thick huckleberry bush, of snagging twigs, doesn't reveal much of my form but does little to hide such a bright coat.  Snow had yet to fall in Loess, so my coat still blends with most of the landscape. Earth and water eyes, examine the other to identify gender and residency.  There weren't many that called the land home yet, so I assume this is a potential resident or someone causing mischief.  One was acceptable, the other dependent.  

Upon further inspection of the carried scent, I confirm it is a mare and so my ears flatten to my skull.  Another female in the area would mean competition and I wasn't too keen on working harder than needed.  Something though told me that this was more than just a wanderer.  My suspicions again rise as the mare ruffles her wings, and in a seductive taunt, calls out.  

Come out, Come out, Whoever you are...

A devious grin curls my lips as I decide to answer the call, "Well... Well... Well... Who do we have here...?"  Stepping out from behind the snarly bush, my splashed face remains fixed on the opalescent mare.  Each step closer is smooth and lengthy.  My body begins to curl around the mare in a wide circle, drinking in her scent and examining her figure.  To my surprise, I catch a hint of something very similar to myself in the stranger.  A thirst for danger and a hint of roundness...
    This Is What They Came For

@[Sabra] *waves and giggles*

A harlequin woman rose from the tangled hedgerow, her introductory speech almost mocking in its tone. Her circling is a clear assessment, and an obvious attempt at a show of power. I feel a faint smile toy with my lips, amused by her. It is just as easy to observe from a stationary position. As her pacing takes her full circle, I rest back on my heels, the picture of nonchalance. 

With a careless smile I tilt my head to the side, the crystal of my eyes meeting the discordant hues of her own. "Sabra. Once-queen of Sylva, now queen of my own fate. And what would a fetching creature such as yourself be called...?" Other than trying too hard, that is. There is a scent about her, the musk of recent contact with a male, and the beginning notes of the results of such a contact. That, coupled with the proud way she carried herself, hints at the possible nature of her consort. Mating with a king, how clever of her. 

The truth of this other woman's condition betrays the truth of my own. I had suspected it, of course. How could I not? The signs were there, and I had chosen to ignore them. It had been a late season coupling, and I couldn't resist his passion, even if I had wanted to. In the back of my mind, I had known. Castile had successfully planted his seed within me, and now I carried his offspring. The implications of this were perhaps responsible for my ignorance of the situation in the first place. What are the odds, I have to wonder. What is the probability that the beast that plagues him so managed to leave it's mark on the growing life within my womb? 

This is a worry for the future. Now I am rather more interested in the roaned creature before me. My luck with members of my own sex has historically been... well, dismal. Besides, it's not friends I came here to make. An ally was another story. 

SABRA

@[Despayr]
    Despayr
    Since having settled in the kingdom of rolling hillsides, I have met few.  Welcomed none.  I have only shown myself besides my King in a semblance of support to his cause.  Reaching for Beqanna with an iron grip of power was entertaining to watch and I'd participate as only his gift.  A servant as such, so if(when) all fails I have not condemned myself.  Playing it safe was more than a game, it was survival.  I knew too much of the dominating powers of the mythical lands to be foolish enough to believe placidity would last. 

As I complete my revolution, my ears pivot to wisk audible notes from the stagnant air.  I process this information with a grin beginning to turn my lips upward.  I have heard of this Queen, not much but enough to know her thrones collapse.  She had reached for Beqanna and failed.  Many would and many -if not all- would crumble to ruins.  It was just the way things were.  My thoughts conclude as I come to a stand still before the mare.  I wasn't much of a conversationalist but better to get any rumors floating about put to rest, "Well now isn't that darling... Sabra... Queen of her own fate..." I pause with a pleased smile at my slight sarcasm, "Best to look after our own interests anyhow... isn't it?" My question is rhetorical of course.  A slight turn of my head brings my partial eyes to stare off across Loess briefly.  "I'm Despayr," my attention returns to the winged equine, "What brings you to our lands today?  Not trying to over reach again I hope..."  I was playing nice wasn't I..?

My body shifts only slightly as I rest my other hip.  The weight of pregnancy was crippling both physically and mentally.  My worries of if this child I carried would secure my place here or have me exiled was exhausting.  Soon I would slip away to give birth. Far from here to ensure that all was well before I presented it to him...
    This Is What They Came For

@[Sabra]
    Arthas

Life has been busy, he was working hard to make Loess a stronger kingdom. To make there strength known to the other kingdoms, to recruit new members and to build alliances. It was rare that he found himself able to stay inside of the kingdom, but today offered just that. He has not seen Despayr since the fall, and by now she had to be showing the foal they created, the future Heir to Loess. A smile grew on his maw just thinking of it, he traveled amongst the land looking for the blue sabino. It was not long before he was able to pick up her scent, but she was not alone.

In fact, he could not decipher the scent of the other equine with her. Someone trespassing? His pace quickens towards her, ensuring her safety, the safety of his child. He slows as she is within sight, it appeared to be a peaceful conversation. He has never seen the pale winged mare that she spoke too, he places himself beside Despayr, his body brushes against hers as he does so. Hello He offers a greeting, My name is Arthas, King of Loess, I hope Despayr here is playing nice. He smiles gazing to Despayr before flicking back to the stranger. He takes note that the mares stomach is larger just like Despayr, pregnant with her own foals. What is it you seek from Loess? his tone is stern, if she seeked to be a resident Arthas would be more than happy, other than that she had no place to linger through the kingdom.

Dangerous Business

@[Sabra] @[Despayr] Just gunna place him here^^

The merled woman stops before me, and it would seem that she's not impressed. At least that's what I interpret from her saucy response. My tongue clicks the roof of my mouth as I adopt a similar pose, stretching out one wing unconcernedly. Once again, my pregnancy is progressing to the point where I can't fly as I used to. It is arguably the worst part of bearing offspring, the loss of bodily freedom. I am a creature of the air, and losing that even temporarily is a misery. 

With a shrug, I smile at her with practiced innocence. "It's a hard title to let go of, but not to worry. My business here is of a more... domestic nature." Indicating the expanse of my girth with a wry glance. This was heavier than I ever got bearing Kwartz, a fact that my aching back is constantly reminding me of. Dear gods, there was no way for me to be carrying an actual dragon, was there? Only the ever nearing time of birth would tell. 

I am saved from the task of making conversation by the arrival of another. The body language between the two is a clear indication of their relationship, and I suspect his identity before the formal introduction. "Greetings Arthas. I am Sabra. Despayr and I were just getting acquainted." Well that was one way to look at their brief conversation. The hardness in his tone raises an eyebrow, but that is the only outward reaction I give him. "I believe you are familiar with a stallion known as Castile. I am claimed by him. Where he goes, I go. If he has pledged his loyalty to you, then so do I. If he has not, then I will be on my way." There was my truth, open and clear. It's careless of me to be so blatant about where my loyalties lie, but this Arthas may as well know what I'm about. He is a stranger to me, as is the snippy creature at his side. They do not illicit the bone deep resonance within me that the smoke and ember stallion I spoke of does. 

SABRA

@[Despayr] @[Arthas]
    Despayr
    My earth and water eyes slip along the lengths of the winged creature once more.  As she speaks a muffled patter of hoof beats cause my ears to twist behind me.  I know who it is by his scent and so I do not look.  I reply snidely to her comment with only a, "Well that's comforting to know." It wasn't really because I trust no one...

His flesh brushes along mine, causing a devilish smile to curl my lips and my gaze to shift to him.  He is egotistic in his approach towards the stranger, as well as his words.  With a flick of my blackish-blue tassel I am turning from the gathering, "I always play nice..." There is a brief snicker before I am offering my farewell, "I shall leave you to your duties My King..."  Another reach of my limbs forwards draws me farther from the duo.  I feared not my position as the mare has already conceived bastards, but I do turn to view her with a twist of my face, "If you shall be sticking around, I guess I will be seeing you... Sabra, Queen of her own Fate."  

With no others words I proceed with my leave.  Finding a Northeastern direction satisfying for now... 
    This Is What They Came For

@[Sabra] @[Arthas]  Exit Despayr
    Arthas

I always play nice

The worlds trickle past her maw and he couldn't help but respond with a gentle laugh. He playfully rolls his eyes, if you say so his voice was gentler towards her. She offers a departure to Sabra and he watches her leave before his gaze lays upon the cream mare once again.

She introduces herself as Sabra and he cocks his eye at her, ex-queen of Sylva? Here in Loess for protection? his mind is racing with questions but instead he responds with a quick nod. He continues to listen as she mentions Castile, the father of her child. Cheekybastard he thinks to himself. She notes that she is only looking to stay here if Castile resides in Loess, he shrugs his shoulders in response.

I imagine that means you consummated in Loess, Castile is welcome in my Kingdom although I have not seen him for some time. Something tells him she has had similar luck, Of course I will welcome you into my kingdom, to keep the 'family' together he steps closer towards the mare I must say I find it interesting that you come to stay here, you are aware that we have an alliance with Sylva correct? The image of Morty runs through his mind, the sylvans are welcome to freely travel amongst Loess, it would not be unlikely for her to run into some of there residents.  

Dangerous Business

@[Sabra]