• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  It’s not all snow that is white; anyone
    And if I fell, would you be there to catch me?
    Ilma

Ilma - she just needs to get out.

Away from the Hyalinian fall, which for dwellers of any other kingdom would probably be described as an early winter.
    There’s much that she apparently missed out on; she’s unsure what he relationship of Kagerus is with either Solace or Svedka or dare she think it, both. She feels lost by herself, too, even if the world had not changed when she did not look intently enough.

She’s earned a title, secured the Blood Alliance with Nerine, which had meant giving up her daughter in her teenage years, lost a girl to recieve a young grown woman inreturn next year no doubt. She should probably feel more troubled by that than she does right now. But to be fair the winged mare has felt pretty numb since the events that - she knows by now - have left her unwillingly with child once more.

Hyaline needs more protectors, guards to make sure that the sanctuary can make good on it’s promise to harbour those in need. Ilma feels she is not fit for such a task; but she is out in the field once more because of this. Perhaps there is someone in need of a home this winter.

don't let the fear of flying stop you from falling

Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Gedrinth walked around the field, comfortable that her horn was no longer unuseual. She smiled gently as her hooves stirred the leaves behind her gently. Her silver tail tossed gently in the breeze, while the mare tossed her silver mane.

The smokey gruella looked around, spotting a winged one, not too far away. Gedrinth approached her carefully, as to not startle her. "Hello there." she said cheerfully, as a simple greeting.
    Gedrinth | Mare | Age 4 | Hyaline| No Rank | Unknown Parents
    Frea | Mare | Age 13 | Wandering | Loner | Fart (Call) x Rea (Tinsel)
    Kwazi | Stallion | Age 15 | Loner | Unknown Parents
    Enchida | Mare | Age Unknown | Carnage(Cassi) x Hoxepin(Taz) | (No Account, yet)
    Ilma

As time stretches, the white winged mare wonders if this was a good idea at all - but no, she should not doubt herself. It is early winter, and she can not handle staying in the one place all the time, nor can she say she is a great diplomat if she can’t even recruit other horses.

But she doesn’t have to wait overly long. Another approaches, a pinto-grulla mare with a horn. She looks not much different from any other horse in Beqanna, although she is not that regular black or brown, having been gifted with several different genes that allow her to stand out in her own way, including her silver mane.

Ilma smiles at her; she gives a pleasant greeting after all. ”Good day, I am Ilma from Hyaline.” She offers lightly, happy to have someone to talk to. It is funny she got approached first but perhaps, she had been lost in thought a bit too much to find out a lone horse. But she’s glad all the same, even if this mare belongs to another kingdom (although come to think of it, she doesn’t smell like either one).

@[Gendrith]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Gedrinth nodded her head. "Nice to meet you. I'm Gedrinth. Ilma is such a beautiful name." she said.

Looking the mare over again, she smiled softly. "Would you mind telling me about Hyaline? You see, I'm looking for a place to call home, even for a time. I asked a few horses, and they pointed me to here, the field." she said, swiftly.

@[Ilma]
    Enchida | Mare | Age Unknown | Carnage(Cassi) x Hoxepin(Taz) | (No Account, yet)
    Ilma

The grulla pinto mare is a pleasant conversationalist, Ilma finds - and she returns the compliment swiftly, because it’s true. ”So is Gedrinth. Very nice to meet you.” The mare is about her age, she sees - perhaps just a year’s difference, though she’s unsure. It doesn’t teally matter though. Much like Ilma when she found herself suddenly in Beqanna with no way back, she understands that this mare was used to having a herd around her, and she nodd to the question posed.

”Of course! The field is indeed the place where the most of, for lack of a better word, recruiting takes place - kingdom members often come here to look out for those in need of a home.” She smiles. ”I’ll gladly tell you about Hyaline and the kingdoms - Hyaline is called the mountain kingdom, or the sanctuary, depending on who knows the place better. It’s located to the far west of the island, surrounded by the mountains, and harbours a large valley with a very pretty lake as it’s main attraction. There’s much to see from the mountain rigdes, very beautiful.” Ilma smiles when she talks about the views of her home; it’s apparent that she loves the place, but it wasn’t the views and lake that kept her there. ”Solace is it’s primary ruler, a winged mare like me, and about our age too. She’s very kind, and literally takes everyone under her wing. She has recently decided on sharing her life and therefore also the kingdom with Kagerus, who’s also my friend, and Hyaline’s Champion should anyone challenge us or one of us who is not fit to fight themselves. She has a horn just like you. Then there’s others in Hyaline who would love to talk to you too; kind souls, I daresay. We take in all those who need a home, be it tenporary or permanent, as long as they mean no harm to others.”

She knows it’s a long speech, so she deliberately takes a break to give the pinto mare a chance to respond before continuing. ”Originally it was meant to harbour the young souls and help them grow. Solace has extended the invitation to everyone in need of such refuge or training, or those who wish to help another grow, such as me.” After all, the Ambassador is in the mountain kingdom to stay. ”We try to keep ourselves from conflicts with or between other kingdoms, and seek alliance with them as much as possible instead. If that is to your liking, you’re welcome to stay as long as you wish, of course.” She studies the other mare’s expression. Perhaps it is an overload of information, but she thinks that this - and perhaps the relations between Hyaline and other kingdoms, which she will gladly talk about later - are things that Gendrinth should know before deciding. ”If you want, you’re very welcome to just visit and see for yourself.” she invites.

@[Gedrinth] forgot the N last time sorry Smile also it is a load of text and info lol. I guess she finally found back herself and what she likes to do and just spilled it out at once xD
    The white winged mare was prooving to be quite good company, and from what she was explaining of her homeland, it sounded like there were more characters like her, at least in that aspect.

Gedrinth smiled as she closed her eyes, picturing the warmth of summer, and the sounds of birds along with what Ilma was explaining. A grin grew across her face, "I must say, it sounds like a beautiful place." she opened her eyes, looking into the fae's "Kagerus is a caring and daring soul, at lesat from what you said. I also must say I believe in a simmilar manor, try and diffuse a sittuation if you are directly involved or if they want to get along. If the two sides don't want to get along, stay out of it.

I think I would like to visit, at least for the time being. It might turn into forever, though."

She smiled. Maybe she would find a friend in this mare, and perhaps more in the kingdom...

@[ilma]