• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Siren's Song || Deiti
    The island felt different to him now. The faces of those he'd grown up beside had disappeared while new ones rose to take their places at the new kings side. A few others had rushed to swear their allegiance to Brennen, rebirthing Belgaer's hope that the island would thrive once more. Itd been an adjustment and he'd done his best to prove himself worthy of the responsibilities given to him. In many ways, his father's unspoken approval of the path his son had chosen, filled Belgaer with a desire to prove himself even more.

For now, however, it felt nice to walk upon the tropical forest that made up the place of his birth. Already he'd been to visit his mother and youngest sister and had received the joyous news that, yet another, sibling could be expected come spring. Belgaer was, of course, happy for his parents, but an unexpected melancholy had began to torment him. Although it sounded foolish, even to his own ears, he'd hoped that he would be greeting a child of his own come spring. However, Josie's sudden disappearance had pulled his dreams far out of his grasp.

He was nearly eight now, and though he knew death would not come to him in the way that it greeted most, he couldn't ignore the urgency that plagued him. He was ready and able to start a family, but, at the same time, determined to wait as long as it took to find a love like his parents.

Exhale he focused upon his path. He wasnt sure how long he'd be able to stay. Brennen had many plans to advance their kingdom's diplomatic advantage - most of which Bel hopes to be apart of.

Somewhere in the distance he heard the rumbling of the waterfall. For a moment he was tempted to turn in the opposite direction, unfavorable towards the memories that the lagoon harbored for him now. Instead, however, he oriented himself towards it and broke through the line of trees that devided it from the rest of the forest. Alone in the clearing he gazed about himself, breathing in the crystal scent of the water and the lily pads upon its surface. Dormant now, preparing for the coming winter, the memory of their beauty lit a smile upon his face. Nearing the waters edge he lowered his head to drink...

OOC: @[Deiti]

I have returned to my abode.  Finding its allure more tempting then that of the rest of the island.  It was beautiful, but something about the water called to me.  Even the ocean seemed to daunting for me, at least for now.  I enjoyed my tranquil little piece of heaven.

Not many crossed my direction by accident.  Something tempted them here.  I often find myself singing as I bask in the warm sunlight.  Dipping my finned tail into the waters and with a quick flip, spraying myself with the liquid.  My songs more hummed then words.  Often the flocks of jungle avian gathered and I adjusted my tune to theirs.  They enjoyed my music as much as I enjoyed theirs.  It is only when they turn to caution that I stop my melody and slip back into the waters...

Someone was coming.

My half kelpie form dives deep quickly.  Deciding I do not know this place well enough and that strangers may be put off by my strange looks.  I linger, sapphire eyes turned to the surface, the onset of evening coming quickly.  Usually the sunlight hindered my vision from below the ponds waters, but as the sun hid beneath the jungles treetops, I could make out a reddish form hovering above...

I circle below.  Something I have felt only twice in my life, begins creeping up from the depths of my geno.  My usually soft sapphire eyes narrow upon the figure looming overhead.  Calculating the distance and excretion it would take to strike, I now tread in place.  The obsidian pearl of my tail glimmering even without the strong sunlight.  A toothy grin finds my lips as I play out options in my cranium.  I could easily grab it and drag it to the depths of my lagoon...

With a purposeful flap of my tail, I jet upwards.  My eyes focused on the form of the red creature and its position just above me on the shores.  As I grow closer I notice that perhaps this wasn't a prey creature.  Its sides hold shapes of my beloved bird friends and suddenly I begin to slow.  Stopping my assault and rethinking my plan.  I retreat slightly towards the rocky shores of the deeper end. Finding myself easing to the surface in curiosity. My face breaks the surface.  A sizable stone blocks the majority of my face from detection as I examine the visitor.  Sapphire eyes have softened again as I watch in wonder at how an equine has acquired wings like the avian, but that would be a silly question, how had she been given the shifting abilities of a kelpie. Magic.

Still I have yet to see a horse with such things.  My body begins to draw forwards, creeping from my hiding place a little more.  I did not want to scare the equid away, so I begin to hum a tune that the colorful parrots quite enjoy.  Maybe this flying horse would enjoy the same music...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Belgaer] So i went in a different direction and for the sake of clarity, her singing has no effects on him or anyone else.  She just enjoys singing and thinks hes a bird XD Think of Snow White lol
    Muzzle lowered to the cool liquid he filled his body with the lagoons sweet tasting water. Refreshed he pulled himself upwards and stared into the crystal depths of the pond. There was movement there, he noted not entirely surprised by the realization. There were many aquatic creatures that called the lagoon their home. Fish of many different shapes, sizes and colors swam gleefully about, oblivious to his intrusion.

The heat of the day pressed in on him from all sides and he felt himself leaning towards the gently waved lines of the water. Stepping purposefully forward he submerged his legs into its welcoming embrace. Flapping his wings against the surface of the water, he splashed it up towards the heat of his barrel.

It had been a while since he'd last been able to visit the lagoon for a swim. His duties kept him busy and away. As a colt, he'd spent most of his time here. Splashing the the shallows he'd found grgreat joy in the torment of his younger sister. She detested the water, ironic especially now since she'd been gifted with an immunity towards it.

A smile creased along his features as he continued to float himself deeper into the pond. It was only as he reached the middle that the hair on the back of his neck rose. He wasnt alone.

Wading in place, his brown eyes scanned his surroundings in search of any disturbances along the shoreline. Besides the squawking of the parrots nestled in the treetops, the bushes were stilled. Dusk was upon them and he knew that he would be having to head back soon. He'd promised his mother a visit. Making his way to the bank he shook the moisture from his chestnut freckled coat and his feathers. Turning once more, he thought he caught a glimpse of two darkened eyes partially submerged. Focusing his gaze he could barely make out the figure of a fellow equine...

"Hello?" he called towards the shadowed figure, barely trusting his eyes and what they saw. "You dont have to be afraid. My name is Belgaer, son of Brennen the leader of Ischia."

It still felt weird for him to say those words. His father was the leader, and he the loyal son.

@[Deiti]

It is when he looks back with unknowing tones that my ears perk forwards.  A greeting, however confused and then explanatory, follows.  His titles mean little to me.  Even less to the demons I am fighting inside.  

The inner turmoil twists about the reality before me.  A half bird horse wading in the shallows, looks upon me still with questions.  I begin forwards in silence.  Wonder fills my eyes and the rainbow sheen of my skin delights all who view it.  As it should, it is one of the tempting qualities of my beast.  Attracting strangers to my waters, to their unknowing demise...

My action is swift and I can't stop myself.  A tick in my cranium has gone off as I see the prey for what it is, food.  Lowering myself beneath the waters surface once again, the beast creeps from my core.  Only a few sweeps of my tail separate us and I propel myself towards the reddish stallion.  Lunging my body at his still lingering form and head extending my sharp teeth to grasp his hind leg.  With any luck he would trip on the slick stones and make it easy for me to carry him into the depths of my pond.  There I would wait for him to quit struggling.  Peace would soon come and then he would be mine, forever... 

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Belgaer] Figured I go with it... and since hes immortal and wont die she'll just be all kinds of confused.  Then snap out of it like "ummm oops, my bad" XD
    Belgaer
    Chest deep in the rippling coolness of the pool, he relished in the feeling of the water as it traced along the edges of his body. The echo of his speech lingered patiently between them and he waded in place as her empty eyes searched him. Drifting closer she slithered through the water like a serpent, half of her completely concealed by the blackness of the deep water that surrounded her. His muscles clenched as her predatory movements sent shockwaves of alarm coursing through his body. Water was not his element, he knew. Here, he was completely vulnerable. Auburn wings slap desperately against the surface of the water as he attempted to launch himself safely to shore. His movements are too slow, however and he feels the bitter sting of her teeth as they tore into his leg.

Downward he drifts, too stunned to fight at first. He’d lived upon Ischia many times, he’d visited the lagoon all throughout his childhood and never once had he encountered such a creature before. Surrounded by the darkness of the pools icy depths his senses slowly returned to him. He could fight her off. A concentrated grimace formed upon his brow as he focused on increasing the weight of his mass, dragging them deeper down until he felt her teeth slip from their hold upon him. Freed he reversed the manipulation of his bones and used his wings to shoot him upwards. Breaking through the surface he gasped, filling his lungs with the sweet taste of Ischain air. Without much thought he darted towards the shore, standing upon it and shaking his mane. Agitated his stamped his hoof.

“Who are you?” He demanded.
    The Prodigal Son

@[Deiti] Tenses are hard. lol