• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Be the Anchor [Svedka]

Beqanna was not the same. 

In my earlier years, I’d found peace in coming back to the same cavern on the eastern edge of Loess, with the same parents, and my beloved sister. I knew I’d never be alone, and I knew that my home was at peace with all the other kingdoms. I enjoyed these facts...they were comfortable

It changed in an instant. I guess time does that to things; nothing is set in stone, no matter how much I wish it to be. Lepis gave her crown to Arthas, and suddenly Dad was telling me and my younger siblings (Deiti was long gone by now...god how I missed my twin) that they needed sanctuary. Why? I had wondered, fighting back the tears as Imperial drug me from the cove, from my home. He’d always been so protective;I don’t know if I’ll ever quite forgive him for that. 

Hyaline isn’t much different from Loess, and I’ve grown used to it for the most part. Winters were still cold and summers comfortable. Flowers bloomed in gorgeous variations of colors in the spring. Demi and Embassy were raised in a cave not so different from the one I’d been brought up in, and I enjoyed watching my siblings grow (I wish Deiti was here to see them too…). 

But I was growing restless. I had no friends, I had no life save for the one my parents had bestowed on me once my twin had left (maybe this was payback for my own absence...except I didn’t leave her with two children and a mentally unstable mother to go along with it). I was a grown woman, without much to show for it - I had no lovers, no gentle caress of another grazing my skin. I longed for it, if I’m being honest. I craved it. 

The middle of winter had changed the scenery around me. The crystalline lake froze over, hardening enough for me to walk across if I so pleased. The large wisteria in the heart of Hyaline has shed its beautiful plumes of purple buds, and today I find myself relaxing under it. Mom tells me I’ve grown into a gorgeous mare - long creamy tresses fall in waves down the length of my neck, landing at my knees. My golden coat is shimmery and my crimson eyes are soft, rather than angry. I don’t know if I believe her though.

I don’t know if I’ll believe anyone.
    Embark

This is blah but I tried. Lmfao. 
    @[Svedka]
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    Deep within the cold, beneath where the willow had once bloomed glorious and wrought with green life, the stallion stirs beneath its dead branches, the golden and crisp vines scratching delicately across his broad back. The snow always entranced him, being born in the volcanic ash of Tephra, and it is no different now in his mature age. The sky had been scrubbed clean with winter’s wind, and though the white-capped mountains are hazy and heavy with clouds and snow, Hyaline remains clear and sunny. There is no absence of cold, though, and there are even clumps of disheveled and leftover snow from the previous night’s fall. Svedka’s skin shivers - honey gold and pale white - though it is in a comfortable way, almost nestling himself into the icy air.

Svedka’s breath tumbles from his nostrils in a plume of white vapor and it is when it has disappeared into nothingness he moves from beneath his wilted willow tree, no longer content with resting beneath its dying boughs. He stares out over the frozen lake (his lake, he likes to think), always enchanted by the fact that it will freeze over in the winter, where he once would swim freely in the spring and summer, and even late into the fall.

It is here that he notices something that is a bit out of place for his normal area that he tends to stay in. There is a mare in the distance (not very far, but enough to where he tilts his head and narrows his gaze to see her better), gold and bright in the midst of a white and cold world. She stands beneath the wisteria tree, where normally blooms upon blooms would spring from its branches but now is left bare, quietly surveying Hyaline with a gentle gaze.

Immediately he is intrigued, and without hesitation he moves forward at a light trot, curving his neck slightly. He comes to stand before her, his sudden stop in motion met with the spilling of his ivory and blue forelock across his face (which holds a breathless grin and sparkling cerulean eyes), the red-and-black hawk feathers behind his right ear curling beneath his jawline. “Hello,” he begins, chin pressing to his chest with a slight bob of his head a few times. “I don’t think we have met.” The heart of Hyaline pauses, surveying her again with a gentle tilt of his head. “Yes, I definitely would have remembered you if we had.”

A few sprigs of green and fine ivory dance behind his other ear as the wind stirs - snowdrop blossoms, to be precise - though they blend in quite nicely with the alabaster of his mane. Kagerus had found them beneath the heavy snow, sprouting from the ice in silent blooms. He hadn’t been able to find any gifts for her in exchange recently since winter had hit their home, but as his eyes focus cheerily on this strange new girl, he notices the gentle orange of a persimmon tree behind her. “My name is Svedka.” He smiles, feeling a gentle rumble in his stomach and when his eyes flicker back to her, his brows raise curiously. “Are you hungry?”

He does not wait for an answer, brushing past her without hesitation, delighted at the warmth she radiates as he passes. He smells strongly of sun and blossoms, of wildflowers and open spaces. The tree is small, covered with shavings of ice and melted snow. Gingerly, he plucks one of the tiny orange fruits with a soft mouth, turning to look at her over his muscled shoulder. The persimmon is shockingly colorful against the pink of his lips, and his smile is unwavering. He bobs his head, offering the small winter fruit to her with a stretch of his neck towards her.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Embark]
    Find peace in knowing we aren’t always broken
    It is quiet, but if only for a moment. My soft ivory tresses drag along the icy ground as I sift through the powdery snow I enjoy how soft it feels, and it’s coldness numbs the pink of my nose. I find myself digging through it for fun now, giggling girlishly as the flakes violate my nostrils.

I see his shadow before he speaks, so I’m already lifting my head up by the time he’s finally approached my space. I suddenly wish I have hands to brush the remaining white particles from my nose.

He’s handsome, and by the way he holds himself he must know it. His golden coat is splashed with pallid spots of white. Sapphire highlights his mane and tale, and his eyes are a hauntingly beautiful azure. He smells warm and inviting; he’s like spring was reborn into a horse. My crimson eyes have been watching him for awhile, and by the time I finally realize, my face grows hot with embarrassment.

“Hello,” My voice is barely a whisper. His comments have my heart fluttering, and if my skin could show it, I’d be beet red.

As he brushes past me after questioning if I’m hungry, I can’t help but follow him. Svedka he’d said his name was. I test it out on my tongue under my breath - it feels nice, Yes it does.

The persimmon whips as a breeze blows through it, and i inhale its delicious scent. I take the fruit gently from him, eyes wide with wonder. How is it someone has so much confidence? I bite down on the orange winter fruit, and my taste buds are overwhelmed with its sweet, honeyed flavor. I am smiling - how was it I’ve never had something like this before?

I finish the fruit was a lick of my lips. My eyes look up at him. “I’m Embark.” I tell him, brushing my hoof nervously through the fresh snow.
    Embark

@[Svedka] she’s already got a crush.
    Svedka’s way of life is easy. He has never been one to overthink things; to overanalyze, to judge. He has always done what felt right in the moment, going with his gut and enjoying every second out of each moment. It is what he does now, even though face to face with a stranger. There is no business to be talked about, nothing to be discussed besides names and stories, and sharing cold and refreshing fruit beneath the winter’s sun. It is easy because Svedka cannot see how it could be any other way. He wonders if she will find it easy, too. Sometimes he is too relaxed with strangers and it comes off as bold or arrogant, which he does not mind being called because it is their own thoughts and they are entitled to them. But it is only because his heart and soul are capable of so much understanding and compassion that he easily exudes confidence and charm. 

His smile is breathless as she (albeit shyly) takes the persimmon from his mouth. His lips close into a smirk, the taste of the fruit sweet on his tongue, the scent of her washing over him in their brief closeness. She smells of the honeysuckle of the valley and the cold that sears in the mountainous caverns, knowing immediately that Hyaline is familiar to her and she is not just a visitor. His cerulean eyes, framed with lashes of white, glance upwards as he stretches his chin up once again, gently pricking a fruit off the branch for himself. Embark. He chews thoughtfully as the fleshy sweetness stains his mouth, turning his gaze towards her.

He wonders to himself how he has gone so long without seeing her within his familiar valley, though it is possible that she has been tucked away in the rocky terrain where he rarely frequents. Svedka is often near the lake, swimming, but with winter freezing it over, he has drifted from that region and further on the outskirts. “Where is it that you’ve been hiding, Embark?” His voice is clear, sweet with the smell of persimmon, a gentle gleam of mirth in his eyes. Svedka repeats her name for the sake of saying it out loud, his deep baritone letting it slip loosely off his tongue.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Embark]
    Find peace in knowing we aren’t always broken
    Ive always been shy. It was how I was raised - mother hardly came out of her secluded, dark cave, and father always told me not tobe too trusting.

But it wasn’t in my nature not to trust. Some would say I was too easily swayed by pretty words and handsome figures. But I disagree - I don’t want to spend my entire life in fear, for what good would that do? I wanted to live.

He says my name like I’ve never heard it before, his deep vibrato ringing warmly in my ears. His question is one I often ask myself; where have I been hiding? Why has it taken me so long to live a life for myself?

“Well...I’ve been staying in a cavern not far from here,” I say thoughtfully, crimson eyes drifting off to the snow beneath my feet. “I was...helping my mom with my younger siblings. But I didn’t want to do that anymore.” I look up to him. What would he think, of a mare so sheltered and insignificant?
    Embark

@[Svedka]
    Her eyes are lurid, captivating. He cannot help but stare into their fiery depths, searching for flames that are sure to suddenly beckon in the orange-red glow of her irises. He decides quickly that he very much likes her and can already tell that they are quite alike. He trusts easily and always has, and even though it has burned him in the past (Corvus’ disappearance, though a crushing blow, did not deter him), the stallion will always seek to live life to its fullest potential and ever miss the chance to dive into the unknown for the sake of adventure. Even in these first few moments of meeting her, he likes to think that Embark would venture with him on his next exploration, whatever it may be. Perhaps it is her eyes that makes him think this, or the shy smile that begs for his attention. 

He suddenly wonders if she’s ever seen the ocean, or visited the vivid bloom of the wildflowers of the meadow during spring. Had she been to the mountaintops, where the snow-fed rivers are crystal clear as if formed in the heavens themselves? Or had she seen a hibiscus opening in the morning light, or basked in lava-warmed streams? He wants to show her, if she’d let him. 

“There’s no shame in taking care of family,” he replies with a smile. He had given up a more nomadic lifestyle simply because of his own sibling, whom with which he felt bonded to heart and soul. Despite his wandering spirit, he could never stray too far from his now-winged and now-Queen sister. “What is it you wanted to do instead then, cave-girl?” His words are matched with a knowing smile, as if he already knew what her answer might be. 
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Embark] he is being super suave and i blame her completely Tongue