• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A God's Creation [Leilan]

We had only arrived a few days ago but soon Ischia was growing on me.  After we had left the meeting, Jesper and I, we had found ourselves touring the isle.  He had shown me a few places but most went unexplored.  Duty called and quickly he was off.  Leaving me to my own vices.

I had quickly found a hidden oasis.  Tucked deep in the jungle was a quaint water flow off a cragged cliff.  It wasn't extremely tall but the cool aqua cascaded from it's lazy stream, and plummeted in a spray to a pond below.  The tropical greenery here was vibrant.  Bright hues plumed from waxy leaves, giving off a delicate scent.  I smile in thinking of how perfect of a place this would be for me.

The waters, wetted the stones surrounding the pond.  Many were large just near the cliff, perfect for me to rest upon.  At the forefront was a grassy flat of which a small stream released the overflow.  There was enough opening in the canopy above that the daylight trickled around me.  Dazzling across the waters surface.  Sapphire eyes watch curiously, my reflection as I neared.  I was so...average.  A smokey black with no marking to be had.  Even though my frame was a delicate foundation of my sires lineage, I found myself uninteresting.  That is until I found myself submerged in the water...

Finding my footing along the rocky bank, I ease myself down into the crystalline liquid.  Allowing it to consume my dusty frame.  

Now wetted, my body begins it's transformation.  Rear limbs and tail are swapped for a singular appendage of water dwellers.  I sweep it from side to side, finding it moves me easily through the aqua around me.  The sun catches my flesh and I'm delighted to see a rainbow shimmer to my body.  A kalidoscope of hues span the whole of my skin, replacing the drab blackish-grey.  I smile happily at my findings.  I was beautiful...

Hidden from the world -so I thought- I dive beneath the liquid.  Finding the pond to be much deeper than I expected.  My forelimbs instinctively make swimming motions, even though it is my tail that propels me deeper.  Sending me to the darkest depths the pond had to offer.  There I find nooks and crannies within the boulders of the cliff.  Perfect hiding places for treasures and trinkets.

Soon I exhaust my air supply and quickly resurface.  My head rising above the waters to find I am no longer alone...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Leilan]

Suddenly everything has changed; and yet nothing is different. Sure Krone and her family have left, including her new lover; but alas, he's never met them before even if he had set foot on these islands multiple times earlier. Now Brennen is the leader instead of just the war leader - not a big difference to the stocky roan either.

What is different, is that he should be calling this island home. But what is a home if you don't know every inch of it? Right. Just a place. Easily changeable.

This of course, needs to become different to Leilan. So the stallion makes his way into the foliage and the parrots; they chitter-chatter about the 'strangers' - so many men are on this island now, brethren-in-arms, that it upsets the birds. But he listens hardly to them. He'll become less and less of a stranger to them; some have already started to recognize him as 'the one with the gold' or something of the matter. Though it flatters him, he does not have the illusion that it is, to them, more than a mere description. He also remembers he is not the only one with mane and tail like these; but he hasn't seen Madelyn or Amorette since the Games, so he doesn't know where they live.

His mesmerizing almost makes him forget to pay attention to his surroundings. Quickly he heeds the shape of the rocks and trees once more, noticing a stream a little further away. Set on finding out where it leads, he follows it until he stands atop a waterfall.

The sound is overwhelming, though not so much as it would be down there. Unfortunately, this means that he has to climb down - step by step he does, paying careful attention to where he steps on the wet rocks. Finally down, the tropical summer heat that he has yet to get used to, makes him thirsty. Unaware of any creatures within, he takes a good long drink from the fresh water.

Only to be surprised when he's staring into a pair of eyes; as big and shocked as perhaps his own.

They're blue, almost icily so, much the colour of the sea around the water. He blinks once or twice, then raises his brown head, revealing to her the roaning of his coat as well as the different colours of his mane. Only then, he notices the rest of her - his breath catches for a second, caught by surprise. "My! Does that mean you're trapped, milady?" he wonders. Not a proper greeting, honestly, he remembers later. But sometimes it is better not to care about formalities.

Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

My drift to the surface is slow, barley rippling the calm waters at the far edge.  Shadows of the nearest trees covered the appearance of another hovering just above.  So when I break through to draw in a breath of air, I find an unfamiliar face staring back at her.  The red peppered male is surprised at his find as much as I am.  Sapphire eyes, wide with curiousity, watch as he shifts his position.  Gazing upon me with equal interest when he notices my differences.

I am oblivious to any natural beauty I emit.  Having never known others outside of family, my experiences are naive at best.  But this doesn't make me shy.  I smile as he speaks to me.  His concern for my well being is chivalrous.  Something of only fairytales I had been told of as a child.  "Oh no.  I can find my way out," I assure him.  I find myself nearing the outer edge of the pond, just before him.  "Hello. Im Deiti.  What is your name, sir?" I inquisitively ask.  Curious to know more about the one who has found me so alone.

Treading the deep waters, the sunlight shimmers across the rippling waters and along my dark hide.  Many colors are found in the depths of my black that cause the onlooker to draw forward to see the prism of hues reflecting almost inwards. Dark tresses, heavy with waters, cling tightly to her fit form.  My light eyes look up to my company and I wish to find out more, "How long have you lived here?"

Deiti

@[Leilan] if you are interested in some drama we could make this interesting Wink and for clarification she had a rainbow obsidian color when in Kelpie form

I can find my way out. Well, that is sort-of a relieve. He's not been in Ischia long enough to know, but he finds this shimmering mermaid in a pool beneath a waterfall, and he kind of doubts that she would get back up on her own if she has indeed fallen. Then he remembers she still has the fish tail, and wonders if that means she will never walk.

But he's already asked a similar question; to repeat it in a different manner might be rude. He's stunned more than he's likely to admit by his find, and it's truly a sight to see - icy blue eyes in a dark head like that, shimmering, even rainbow-like tail - it's a shame she's not a full-grown girl, to be honest. But nevertheless, she's still a sight for sore eyes.

He smiles at her; she comes off as young, perhaps she hasn't met many of the brotherhood yet. The island is now slowly crawling over with stallions trying to find their way around the kingdom, and if she has been here all along with the former Ischians who hadn't bothered to come meet even the pretty shiny Leilan after his arrival, he thinks perhaps Deiti was also ignored. But no more. He's definitely not leaving this little mermaid here alone, or if he does, he'll be sure to return.

She's asked a question, though, this pretty girl. "My name is Leilan. Very pleased to meet with you, little mermaid." he offers; his usual jokes aside, sensing perhaps that she is not into rough play - at least right now she's not, no-one said anything about the futur- oh, stop it.

She's curious about him, too, and that's at least a good thing. He smiles sheepishly, eyes sometimes distracted, drawn to trace her form, seeing how it fluidly stops being a horse and starts into a large fish's tail. But one with a depth to the black scales beyond comprehension; shimmering vaguely with colour like an oil stain. Looking back into the blue eyes he's suddenly not sure which is more intriguing; her stunning blue against the dark base or the scales on her back-end. She's pretty though - already perhaps drawing him in like the mythical creature that she is. "Not very long. It's been a few weeks, but until the recent reformation of the kingdom, I've been on and off the island." he answers truthfully - he almost always does, as long as or especially when a pretty lady asks. There's much to be said about the shimmering Leilan - that he's an idiot, that he'd chase any girl, that he's never a hundred percent serious about anything (this is not entirely true, he's very serious about chasing girls) - but not that he's a liar.

He's still curious himself, too. "So, how did you end up here?" he wonders. For all he knows, she's always been a kelpie mermaid.

@[Deiti] let's see how they roll from here ^^
    |

I find myself directly below the onlooker.  Sweeping my tail in long strides to rise me out of the water farther.  The speckled red of his coat is quite interesting to me.  I have never seen anything quite like it.  He gives his name and I am quick to greet him, "It's nice to meet you too Leilan.  I haven't met many others...yet." Endulging in the chance to make small talk, I lean closer.

I look to him with my dazzling eyes.  I know nothing of the kingdoms and the structures they conform to.  My father had taught me manners and fulency of speech in hopes I would be the diplomatic sorts like him, but I much prefer my adventures.  Seemingly so, Leilan does to.  A question of how I got here comes forward and I giggle slightly.  He is obviously confused of my situation and I do not let on that I can walk. "I came here with Jesper.  He found me in Loess and we discovered we are half-siblings.  We left to go to his home in Sylva but it had been taken over by something... And now we live here," I give a smile before continuing, "He had some things to take care of though...but that's ok.  Now I met you."

Having answered his inquires, I opt for asking of his interests, "Do you like swimming Leilan?  My pond is quite nice.  If you'd care to join me." Another sweep of my tail and I push off from the edge of the rocky sides.  Making my way towards the shimmering falls to rewet my half dried top half...

Deiti

@[Leilan]

He smiles at the girl - yes, she is still a girl perhaps, but she will be fully grown next year. He also sees, that her eyes linger on his coat, and honestly, he once again counts himself lucky for his looks. And apparently, he's one of the first stallions to meet her, which is perhaps also to his advantage. If he can make a good and lasting impression, that is.

She explains she came with Jesper, which got him thinking. "So do you have family ties with Brennen, then?" he wonders. Perhaps it might not be a good idea to upset their chosen new king by fuzzing around with the teenager, if that's the case. Or Jesper, by the way. Although he hasn't met the latter in a one-on-one, he is his brother now and he fully intends to keep him his friend as well. He does not let on on these thoughts, though - outwardly still just curious about her. She is very attractive after all, with her sparkling eyes and shimmering tail. Quite unlike any other girl he's seen.

The kelpie girl talks about her travels, and although Loess also has a coastline he's not quite sure if Jesper would have walked all the way along the coast with her. It then begins to dawn that perhaps she is a shifter, into a mermaid then instead of another animal.
    Not that it matters. She is quick to ask him for a swim, and he's eager to please her. "Of course! Especially when things are hot like today." he answers. When she moves back towards the falls, he steps into the pond, which is rapidly growing deep around him. Soon he has no footage, paddling a bit with his feet which causes the little bit of feathering to draw funny lines in the water, and with his tail floating like a shimmering banner behind. The mermaid is nowhere to be seen, far too fast right now, and perhaps in retrospect it wasn't such a great idea to follow her without second thought, but now here he is, looking around to see where she went.

@[Deiti]
    |

Wading in the depths of the pool, her icey blue eyes watch him intently.  He questions her relations to their leader Brennen and she giggles with a shake of her dished face, "Oh no, no, no.  We share the same fath... Ummm," her eyes fall to the waters around her as she thinks of the complicated family tree she has come to know now of.  "I mean, Carnage is our relation.  I am unaware of having any ties to Brennen.  I've never met my real mother.  We were going to go look for her but I'm not sure I want to leave the island," her gaze finds him again, "I kind of like it here."

When she asks if he would care to go for a swim, she is pleasantly surprised to find him agreeing.  Having moved off into the deepest region of water, she allows the water from above fall upon her.  It was soothing to her obsidian skin.  The sun that trickled down from the jungle-like forest was not kind to her dark coat.  Heating it quickly if she was exposed above the surface.  With a dip, she is suddenly gone from sight.

From her position now, fully embraced in the cool aqua, she watches him paddle.  The gold tresses of his mane and tail reflect the sun's light brilliantly.  This makes her smile a toothy grin.  Something within her core was slowly surfacing and she finds herself draw to the bulk of his speckled body.  The predator inside her instinctively begins to circle the prey she has lured into her lair.  Finding herself within inches of his body and wanting to twist herself around him.  Pulling him into the dark depths below them.  No. No. No. Shaking her head vigorously, she rids her mind of the dark thoughts.

Suddenly she surfaces just in front of him.  Nares expel her held breath and draw in fresh oxygen.  An upward flip of her muzzle tosses her drenched forelock aside.  Brilliant blue eyes look upon the golden laced stallion, "It's nice isn't it?!" Awaiting his response she wonders what other cool places there was to find on the island...

Deiti

@[Leilan]

The iridescent black kelpie girl intrigues him in more than one way; she is attractive, but she does not seem to know - her innocence is not an act. Her blue eyes, standing out from the black of her head, are luring in a way he's never seen before. Her laugh - well she tinkles. All in all, it's impossible to say no to anything she suggests.

He's happy to find she's not related to Brennen - on the other hoof this means that Brennen or his children, of which many are here, are all competitors. It's a strange thing to think of them like that, and in a moment of clarity when she dives under and out of sight, he wonders what it is she does to him.

When swimming, he doesn't see her for some time, and he wonders if he should have stayed in the water where he was able to stand. Looking around from the water's surface, the brilliance reflects the sunlight which makes him unable to see much of what happens below the surface - unlike when he was atop the waterfall or even standing on the shore.

Something is stirring near his hooves, he thinks, but he can't be sure. As a prey animal, he is suddenly aware that there might be something in the water - something dangerous - but then the kelpie surfaces and smiles at him with her brilliant sapphires and all of that sense of danger is long forgotten. "It's sure better than heating up in the summer sun," he agrees, willingly following whatever plans she has. Because under her influence, now that she is in her siren's form, his brain feels shut down, and if she were to drag him down he might not even resist, even if he could. There's this probability that he would be able to release himself from her indeed, but it would only work if he's not looking at her directly somehow.

@[Deiti] whoops she's a dangerous girl Tongue
    |

Swimming is effortless for me.  My large fan of tail easily propels my body upwards as I trend the cool waters around me.  Perhaps it is not so easy for land dwellers such as he.  His actions do not seem as easy as mine.  Having fought off the instinct of the predator inside me(this time), I think maybe it is best if they return to the land.

Looking to him now, a golden tendril of forelock falling across his face, I wonder how he acquired such colors. I also wonder of all the things he knows of the island that I do not.  Obviously he has been here longer than me.  I nod though, when he speaks of the heated sun, "Yes, being black has its disadvantages," I giggle at my confession.   There was plenty of ways to shield myself from the burden though.  The jungles canopy gives me relief as does the caverns and abundant waters.  I smile, revealing sightly, my kelpie teeth that I am unaware of having.  Then I turn my face to look at the landscape surrounding us.  I notice the sun beginning to lighten and a single parrot chattering overhead.  Sapphire eyes twinkle with curiosity when I turn to look at him again, "Would you want to show me around your home?"  My question has a hint of hope in its tone but a bit of hesitation.  I had only begun discovering this very large world around me, and though I am not outwardly shy, I hold reservations that I may fit in anywhere besides my glistening pool... 

Deiti

@[Leilan] Smile

She giggles, explaining that to have a black body would have it's disadvantages. Ah, perhaps it would. He shrugs, though. "Being hot isn't always a bad thing." he tells her. Come winter, for one, she would probably not mind. And, well, her black coat would probably help her hide from predators or even unwanted visitors too.
    To be honest, he also briefly thought of the other way she would be considered hot by many other men come before or after him, but he wasn't sure if she would pick up on that. At her age most fillies wouldn't be thinking about such things.

Deiti, he sees, is pretty when she smiles, but he's unsure if he just caught a glimpse of something sharp. Again the feeling that perhaps the water isn't safe comes up, but only briefly. The girl in all her innocence does nothing to lure him back into the water again, and there seems to be no intention of whatever danger she might pose later, so he shrugs of the feeling.

She returns to the land quickly enough, and part of him feels relief for not endlessly peddling around in the water any longer. His hooves catch a few loose stones before finding solid ground, which makes him scramble forward a bit idioticly. He does so with a cheeky smile on his face however, never faltering the image that he is just making fun of himself. With his hooves still in the water, he waits for the girl to speak. "Of course, little mermaid. Though I have to be honest that I'm not the expert, and have yet to discover much myself. But I'm pretty sure that we can discover things together?" is his offer. "I know there must be a few caves, and more streams like these, besides the more regular woods and the beaches." It suddenly makes him wonder if there would be hidden beaches, where one could only reach from the waterside or perhaps a rocky tunnel?

@[Deiti]
    |