• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL
    Brotherhood. The name had grown stale within her mind. Standing in support of her father she'd kept her words to herself, the pressure of the moment filling her with an eagerness to observe. There had once been a time when a moment such as this would have excited her. Now, she was torn. 

Frozen she stood beside her mother, ready to protect her youngest sibling should things turn sour. Behind them, the vivacious filly played, oblivious to the change happening beyond her happy little bubble. For a moment, Mosrael wondered what it would be like to have such an innocence. Even from a young age, she'd never felt shielded from the true nature of the world she'd been birthed into. 

A small pang of regret shot through her as she witnessed the sudden departure of Klaudius. He'd stood firm in the protection of his children's birthright. The purple stallion made his position clear before he shot himself into the sky and disappeared out if sight. In the back of her mind, Mosrael wondered if she'd ever see him again. 

Her attention shifted once more as more Ischians stepped forward to make their support known, or to withdraw. Belgaer was among those and her heart ached as he volunteered for a mission off the island. Patiently she waited and hoped that she would not be forgotten. She was, after all, a daughter to the new king.

OOC: again, wrote this on my phone. It probably sucks but, here ya go!
    The winds of change were upon the land. She could sense it like the hot breath of a foe upon her back. It's teeth were bared and ready to take it's first chunk of flesh.

And she would have no part in the charade. 

Though her father stood before them as the new leader, she saw no benefit to her remaining there. No, she could not support a man whose very values were as changing as the seasons. Autumn was upon them and, soon, the land would be filled with a lust and a need to spread seed wherever possible. Astarael was of age now and, she knew, she did not desire to be a part of the new brotherhood her father was molding. 

Her half-siblings did not hesitate to step forward in support of the bay's claim. Their voices rose above any of the others and she considered them with growing disdain. Family had remained a confusing concept to her. How could she fully understand it when she only knew half the picture. With only a father to guide her, there had always been a part of her that'd remained empty. And it was that part that she had to search for. 

Backing into the shadows she turned towards the bridge that lead to the mainland. Though she'd never crossed it, her confidence never wavered. Her departure would not be unlike those many others, who had chosen not to support the new leader of Ischia. Though, she suspected, her's would sting the most. 

OOC: This sucks so bad. Sorry!!
    If I have time to edit this into a post I will, otherwise this is what Kori has to say:

1. I'll go to Tephra with Leilan and am already in Nerine w Brennen.
    2. I like what Leilan said. Basically I second that. It's not about proving women to be as much as men - it's about everyone proving that they are loyal to the brotherhood first. It's not gender. It's the brotherhood. Also says let's call everyone brothers regardless of gender.
    3. I offered up names elsewhere.
    4. I'm obviously in the diplomatic caste but I'd like to try my hand out in war, so put me in the bottom rung of that caste for now.
    5. Chivalry above all else, being coldly polite to outsiders, kinda having a reputation as being withdrawn, but be a family within the kingdom. Obviously don't tell kingdom secrets, betrayers should be banned, when recruiting new members we need to make it clear that this is a commitment and that yes, in the first little while they can be ambivilent and decide to stay or go, but if they decide to stay and then fuck it up and run away, they will not be welcomed back (extraneous situations aside).
    Takei
    Perhaps Takei would feel sympathy if he ever had a place he could truly call home. The only thing he can compare that word to is a place he still isn’t sure was entirely real (a remote island with those comforting friends and that long-lost lover). He had seen it melt before his very eyes, watching the turquoise bleed into the emerald of the trees, hearing the twitter of jungle-life distort into a prolonged static, felt the saltwater around him evaporate into a dark abyss of nothing.

But their home is not melting around them — not in the very physical way that his did. So his face remains neutral as the Queen is voted against and her purple entourage twist to leave. Takei’s muscles stiffen as Krone steps forward, fully prepared to protect his leader. He knows little of Brennen in truth, but that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t risk his life or reputation to protect the man from harm. He is wise enough to see the potential and creativity brimming behind the winged bay’s bright eyes; that’s reason enough for him to offer his protective services.

But her words seem to be mostly passive and the family turns to melt away, leaving the new Brothers to recreate their world. Despite Klaudius’ bitter words and Brennen’s fiery response, they move into the new vision of their lives. Takei listens intently from his place not far from the new King’s shoulder, blood-red ears tipping forward amid a tangled mess of forelock, oryx horns, and growing twig.

Although there is a call for diplomacy, Takei keeps his lips sealed. He has never been gifted with the way of words, always keeping everything simple and to the point. If they were trying to send across a good impression, he might not be the best one for that task. So he shifts his position in the meantime, hearing the rest of Brennen’s plans.

There is much to be discussed and considered in the short amount of time they have already been together. Despite his lack of political experience, Takei is curious to hear his new Brothers’ ideas in terms of their new independence. A dark stallion steps forward first and the blood-and-bone finds himself nodding in response to his ideas. An audition or challenge of sorts seemed like a good starter for both male and female Brothers. Not long after, a stallion looking hauntingly similar to the rest of his family (little does Takei know of his many uncles and aunts spread across Beqanna, including this one) says some words along the same lines as the previous.

A few speak in between, including Takei’s own true brother. Finally there is a lull in the conversation, allowing the blood-and-bone to get a few words in edgewise. “My name is Takei.” His eyes turn toward Brennen, briefly hoping to lock gazes for a moment. “I’m looking to participate as a soldier of our ranks.” He has little battling experience, but even less so of diplomacy. “I agree with Leilan and Trekori. If women can complete the same tasks as us, they should be considered one of us. A particular challenge geared toward each caste seems reasonable. It’s not necessarily about strength or intellect, but whether the individual wants to be a Brother and remain loyal to us.”

Takei’s hazel eyes dart between those gathered — both female and male — and considers what spoken word would be their identification. “We’re a Brotherhood. We should treat one another as such. We can care for those past our borders, but the Brotherhood must ultimately come first.” He nods toward the dark stallion’s original comment about rapists and murderers. “Maybe we could have an interrogation of sorts after a newcomer successfully completes the challenge to join a caste but before they are an official Brother. It should be a place where they must swear to tell the truth and only the truth. If they lie and it is found out down the road, they will be banished. Any Brothers could be welcome to participate in the interrogation and ask any number of questions about the newcomer.” He settles with that, content to listen to the rest of their suggestions.
    watch the mind run far away, way ahead of us