• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone]
    The coolness emanating from him feels like heaven’s breath upon her heated skin.  She’d barely just been out of the water when the heat of summer decided to whisk off any remaining moisture off her coat, causing her pale body to begin sweating lightly.  But this fellow proves himself chivalrous, coming to help a lady in her time of need.  This one is also proving himself to be rather charming.  She can appreciate this fact, but it makes her weary as she quietly ponders what his motives may be.  Nonetheless, he has given her a gift and for that Breckin is thankful, even though she feels like she owes the stallion some type of compensation.

“A useful magic you have, sir.  I thank you deeply for assisting me.  I have little to give you in return, but perhaps I could offer you a favor in the future? Or something of the like.”

Suddenly the leopard mare is all too aware of how close in proximity they are and her body subconsciously stiffens.  The urge to step away nearly consumes her at the realization, but she manages to suppress the thought into the deepest recesses of her mind, as she forces her musculature to relax again.  The fellow was affecting her in all the right ways.  The impulse to move away was not rooted in a feeling a revulsion, but quite the opposite.  Truthfully the feeling was moreso related to an all encompassing embarrassment than anything else; she simply was not used to this much attention from someone around her own age—at least not that she could recall.

But her pride was on the line and so she counters with an easy grin as her attention resumes on the answer he offers to her question.  It turns out her presumption of his home had been correct and when he confirms that he was aware of who Brennen was, her smile grew a little larger.  And yet when he mentions that Scorch was his mother the friendly smile on her face falls to a flat line as her brown eyes grow wide.  Hell if she had any water in her mouth at the time she probably would have choked on it, then inelegantly spit it out.  No sooner than the words left his mouth did her eyes find his own again—reassessing their depths.  It made sense now, she thinks as her head tilts lightly sideways in curiosity, finally recognizing that spark she had noticed there before.

“I should have guessed.  You have your mother’s eyes, I think,” she says quietly, as she replaces the line of her lips with a soft smile again.  She draws her gaze away from him then and instead looks to the stream in front of them.  Finally, she does manage to step away from his chilled embrace as she steps back to the water again, her head dropping once more to look intently upon her own reflection with a furrowed brow.  The mare sighs softly before continuing her explanation.  “Your mother and Brennen were the ones who found me wandering rather dazedly in the field almost a year ago now.  At the time I did not know what I sought, and granted I still hardly do now, but they offered me homes. They both spoke so highly of Nerine and Ischia, I had to experience it for myself.  And as you mentioned, Beqanna’s magic is very much influential in what the people do here I think, and I’m no exception.”  Casually she rotates gaze back to him,  “I know you probably didn’t need to hear all of that, but it felt nice to get it out of my head.”

His next words cause her to snort, rolling her eyes playfully, but laughing outwardly in the end.  “I am flattered to know you think of me as handsome as yourself, sir.  You set the bar pretty high.  And it’s equally as nice to know you don’t think of me as irritating.”  Her playful laugh ends in a friendly smile, “I may need to revoke my statement when I said you had your mother’s eyes however.  I believe her vision to be remarkably better than the blurred eyesight you seem to have.  Because you see, I am just a simple lady, I have no astounding beauty or special attributes to offer you or Beqanna or myself for that matter.”  The sentence may sound pitiful, but it was the honest truth she had come to realize awhile ago.  But the honesty had brought upon a raw, aching truth that she wanted more from her life, and she was bound to make something of herself in these lands come hell or high water.  And Nerine would be the place that she would do it.  The subtle determination sparks brightly in the pools of her brown eyes as she looks to her companion once more, “Though someday I will change that.”

OOC: Hope you don't mind the novel. I really enjoy them together <3

The roaning male shrugs a little at the mare’s comments on favors. ”Don’t worry about it. If tou’re going to be a Nerinian, you’re my sister-in-arms, and you don’t owe me anything.” he shakes his head. Nah, that really wasn’t his way anyway. Besides, he’s enjoying the attention she gives him, as well as the slight tension that is obviously building, sparking between them something that perhaps might have lasted if this wasn’t a one-time meeting. He rather enjoys this mare around him, even though they have remained nameless, mysterious beings to eachother for so long as they are talking

But it’s fun that way - however as soon as he tells her his mother’s name he also knows that she will find out sooner than later. That is if she isn’t too scared by his mother. She seems rightly shocked, almost enough to turn tail and run. Instead she turns to the water, and his eyes are assessing her every movement when she does tell her tale as if it’s a confession.

When she finally turns to say he did not need to hear all that, he shakes his head. ”It seems you needed that of your chest. Glad to be of service.” he smiles sheepishly, because for a moment she seems vulnerable and he has to resist the urge to step close to hug her - she might be rightly scared if he did.

Instead, he lingers on the shore, uncertain for a moment.

She doesn’t notice however, stating she is flattered but does not think of herself as handsome or pretty. Hmm.
    Now is as good a time as any, and with a small splash he’s closing the distance she put between them. ”I think you should work on your self-esteem. Obviously you’re overlooking something here.” He points to her reflection. ”Do you know how many horses are in Beqanna, that are all white, but prettied up with the cutest dots? I have never seen another before, and I’m not done counting yet. May have something to do with the spark in your eye that is distracting me from doing so..” he tells her. ”I’ve been gifted with many colours, but sometimes less is more, you know what I’m saying? Besides, until recently I hadn’t gotten any gifts myself. Nike gave me this gift of cold and gold, and until now I had no use for it either.”

He reaches out with his nose, hoping she would allow a light touch on the shoulder. ”What I’m saying is, you’re as unique as anyone, and you don’t fool me, telling me you’re not pretty.”

@[Breckin] suddenly stuff got intense, sorry haha
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    The girl has already turned back to the reflection she casts upon the waters surface. A slight dip of her head and lips part to meet with the liquid with the unspoken promise of disrupting the image before her. But it's not lips upon the plane that distorts the flickering image, rather the sudden splash of droplets that snap the mares attention back to her companion. The distance had been closed between them again, going unnoticed by the internal ramblings of jumbled thoughts.  A slight flicker of the ear, and the thoughts fall silent as her companion responds to her external monologue.

With brows furrowing closer together, she listens to his words with utmost curisority, allowing him the time he needs to verbalize his perception of her.  Though she devotes her attention to him and understands the point he is making, the leopard mare cannot help but allow a silly, one sided grin to develop and grow in size the longer he speaks.  He reaches to her then, and finds the means to remain relaxed at the friendly gesture he offers.  With a fully formed smirk now she finally speaks, So you are capable of speaking more than a couple sentences at a time.  I was beginning to wonder."

The amusement remains in her eyes and the smile diminishes to a smaller degree, before returning to a more serious tone, "I must admit, you're not as irritating as I initially thought.  In fact, you're rather uplifting. But I can keep that part a secret if you have a certain image you'd like to maintain.  And I need to thank you yet again, for not only helping me realize that I do have something to offer this place, but also for helping me to decide to call Nerine home."

Her line of vision had fled to the horizon as she had spoken, but she turns back again to the stallion with a soft look of newfound fondness, "And thank you for thinking of me as beautiful." Reaching out, she brushes her nose lightly against the broad of his chest if he allowed her to do so. Though as she pulls away, the small smile falls flat as she looks back towards the darkening horizon.  "I should seek out your mother," she finally says with a voice heavily laced with surprising sadness and the odd reluctance of parting ways, as her brown eyes seek his out once more.

@[Leilan] <3

She has an excellent sense of humour, something Leilan greatly appreciates in the spotted mare, and he grins to her jest that he is actually capable of speaches. Perhaps that's why she intrigues him so - she's two-faced, one side of her easily scared and the other of quick wit and fun to be around, toy around with. He definitely wants to see more of the fun side of this mare, and tries his best to get that out.

But she will need time - he understands that. She's only been dropped in Beqanna recently, and hasn't even decided if she should stay in Nerine - but he knows she belongs there, and they will help her develop more than he could ever try to help with on his own.

He smirks to her remark that he's not that irritating. "If I tell you it's a test, would you believe me?" he asks her, looking at her with his head slightly down so he looks fake-innocently upwards through his lashes. Lifting his head upwards, he takes a more serious tone. "But I would greatly appreciate your secret-keeping. Everyone knows me as the annoying one." he winks, and leaves it at that. She'd just decided that she does belong in Nerine, and he nods to her when she says she should seek out is mother. "She's not as scary as she likes to pretend. Her emotions are a bit extreme, so just let her rage and all will be fine after." he winks. He's not sure she needs the tip, but he knows that Scorch can make an unwanted impression, like when she almost attacked him for trespassing into Nerine on his return to see her.

Her eyes seek out his, and he smiles at her. "Don't you worry, I know where Nerine is." he winks at her when she's about to leave - she looks reluctant, but he knows where to find her sometime later this year. Or so he hopes. Her black spots on white will be easy to spot except in winter, after all.

When she has left then, he stares after her, even when she's long gone.

And suddenly realizes that shit, he still doesn't know her name.

Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |