• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

steal for tephra; needs help
    So I think Jesper's steal is for Tephra.

"Bentonite" comes from Volcanic ash -> Tephra
    "Boonville" is a place in Indiana where the Warrick School Corporation is -> Warrick

But I can't decide who it's for and we only get one block. My first thought was Longclaw because there are hints at blue and wings; but it seems light on hints. Maybe with his white fire manipulation, finley means "white or fair" and then there's a fire hint later. Then we've got Dagny who has gryphon mimicry (wings and talons) but thats realllly light.

Anyway, anyone else can tell who its for? :|
    I thought you had to specify who you were intending to steal? Sorry, I'm new to this.
    | Nymf | Arithmetic | Maiven | Hephaestus | Mosrael | Belgaer | Astarael | Vi | Ketzia
    Good catch on the Warrick clue! I bet it is for Tephra. Here are a few things I noticed

That new 'Thoroughbreds' movie is directed by Cory Finley

'bay' could be a clue

"Manling Tsang Williams" murdered her two sons Devon and Ian... which could be a 'Tang' clue but I think that's a stretch.
    Starsonder . Locheed . Oberyn
    Solace . Levi . Firen . Clegane . Warlight
    The idea for riddle steals is that you leave clues and they have to guess. Smile But the clues have to be good enough that the judge agrees they were findable, but hopefully tricky enough your quarry doesn't guess! You do have to specify how many horses (one or two) and from how many lands (one or two) and leave clues for land, ruler, and horse(s) being stolen.

You can also do a card steal where you explicitly say who you are stealing, and it's luck of the draw.

Levi is bay and has fire-related traits ("with a fire so bright"). Plus his sire is Offspring (she killed her kids?) It feels like a stretch just like Longclaw but at least that's three related clues like you're supposed to have. I'm frustrated lol I feel like the Warrick/Tephra clues are really obvious (the whole poem could be about a volcano tbh) and I'm not seeing anything super obvious on who's being stolen.
    So apparently the mom of Ian and Devon murdered her husband with a sword that same night... Longclaw is the name of Jon Snow's sword in a game of thrones. Probably that's a little much, but maybe?

Bay & Eagle Wings could both be Warrick clues too

Levi is definitely a possibility. Levi from the old testament (Bible) also lived to 137 years old

I'm trying to wrap up my alliance post but I can take another look at this later (it may be tomorrow)
    @[devin] I give up xD
    Are you going to post the block? I could see it being Levi or longclaw so whatever you decide is fine
    My guess is 'red herring' will be called
    Yeah I'll do eenie meenie minie mo and pick one lol.
    Last thing! Levi is also immortal, so maybe the beta clue could be about him
    & the blue clues could relate to Warrick?