• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / solace
    T
    heir time at Hyaline has been delicious. Although Wishbone carries the travel-bug for both of them, Wound can’t deny it’s been nice to get away from the familiarity of Tephra and adventure past her normal haunts. It’s late afternoon by the time Wound is able to get a chance to speak with Solace more. They had come to Hyaline with the intention of a diplomatic visit, but the appearance of both of Wishbone’s siblings had slowed their progress.

Wound isn’t concerned at all — she had been happy to watch Wishbone interact with her family members, especially with the knowledge that she isn’t sure when her daughter will see them again. Hyaline is quite the hike from Tephra. With that thought, Wound’s eyes turn toward the sky, where the sun is already beginning to dip toward the horizon.

Wishbone is content to play with Svedka some more and, thankfully, her brother accepts minor babysitting for a few moments as their visit comes to a close. Wound finds a spot not far away from her daughter to speak with Solace again. “Now, to answer your questions.” Her voice is warm and engaging and though they may be bound by the mutuality of Warrick, there is no tune of motherly will in her words.

“Our initial reason behind allying with Sylva and Ischia is because they are our closest neighbors. Sylva stands between us and the rest of the kingdoms, while Ischia could easily attack us from across the ocean.” She pauses, glancing back for a moment to make sure Wishbone is alright. Her daughter is entertained for the time being, racing Svedka around tall rocks in a figure-eight pattern.

Satisfied, Wound turns back around with a gentle smile on her lips. “I’m not sure what the conditions will be, as they are all traveling just as I am.” She hopes it ends up well, that’s for certain. Although Tephra is strong in their numbers — for the most part — they are centered in a different location compared to the rest of Beqanna’s territories. It could cause some issues traveling-wise if their soldiers were needed in the future. “Warrick did not speak of Loess or Nerine when we had our most recent kingdom meeting,” Wound admits. “However, I don’t believe Tephra is looking to formulate any enemies. I’m sure he has plans for the future.”
    credit to nat of adoxography.
    @[Solace] @[Radar] I powerplayed Svedka in the slightest in this post, just as a warning, but if you want me to change anything please just let me know and I'm more than willing to change it. It's basically just Svedka playing with Wishbone to keep her entertained haa.

Solace

Svedka was a young soul, he was a magnetic force and she was surprised when he stole the show.  Solace shakes her head with a laugh as she returns her focus to Wound, her two siblings would be content in eachothers company for longer than they would be allowed if she had her bet.

Back to business. 

"Yes," she agrees after wound explains Warrick's reasoning. "it makes sense for Tephra to align with her neighbors. I feel much the same way about my own," she muses.  The young queen's pleasant expression grows somber and she thinks of a better way to express her poorly worded point earlier. "I fear that if Hyaline is tied to Nerine and Loess, and Tephra with Sylva and Ischia we could end up on the opposite sides of a war." She wonders if she is being paranoid, if she is extrapolating fears from thin air - but that's her job. To plan for the future and the survival of her kingdom was her sole reason for living. 

The flicker of uneasiness probably makes it way into her cerulean eyes, so much like her fathers. "Hopefully that's just me overthinking the matter," she adds, slipping out of her diplomatic persona with a sigh. "Hyaline will always be seeking peace, ideally remaining neutral and any war, but you may assure Warrick that we will remain Tephra's ally in any compacity."

caretaker of hyaline

@[wound]
    Solghostdoll2

W
    ound cannot imagine the stress they must endure, those kings and queens of the kingdoms. She often sees it in the creases of Warrick’s face and the heaviness of his shoulders. They’re subtle movements, but she knows him well enough to spot those miniscule differences in the pattern of his ways. She can see it too in Solace. It strikes Wound at how close the resemblance is as she notices the discontent in the young queen’s eyes.

“Your concerns are valid,” she reassures. If Wound knows anything of Tephra’s king, it is that he considers his family with every step he takes. Although his duty to his kingdom is just as important (if not more), she knows Warrick will not abandon his daughter and her kingdom if the fabric of Beqanna’s politics might shred itself.

The silvery diplomat limps closer, extending her nose toward Solace in a sign of peace and consolation. “I highly doubt Warrick would desert his family in the midst of a war.” A fluttering, sunny smile flashes against Wound’s face as she listens to the young queen’s following words. “I will ensure your message is delivered. And your father would want you to know that Hyaline is a trusted ally and Tephra will always come to your aid in times of need.”

Although Wishbone tousles with her older brother still, Wound turns to call her daughter to her side. The sun is already lowering quicker now and she is prepared to make good time in the direction of Tephra before it is too late. “It’s been wonderful visiting with you, Solace.” Her unruly daughter comes trampling forward, dirty cheeks and mahogany body shining with a thin layer of perspiration. “Solace, your father misses both of you dreadfully. If either of you” — her eyes find Svedka’s face as well — “find the time to visit Tephra, I’m sure he would love to see you.”

Wound thanks them again, encouraging Wishbone to say her goodbyes to her siblings. With warm hearts and several things to bring back, the pair turn back toward Hyaline’s border and disappear into the subtle hints of twilight-forests.
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Solace] @[Svedka] I hope this is alright for you! If you'd rather keep the conversation going, I can edit this (: But I figured this would be a good spot to end the thread... Also feel free to reply if you'd like.