• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suggestion!!
    Hey! I’ve been doing some thinking.

Whenever I’m writing my characters traveling between kingdoms or even common lands, it occurs to me just how much of Beqanna remains unexplored. The strips of land between kingdoms, rocky coves on the coast that don’t belong to a land, strange places in the corners and crevices of beqanna. Places that are imaginable, but that we have no where to write about.

I propose that we introduce a fourth common area, called the “In-Between” or maybe the “Non-Descript.” This would be all the land area that is not claimed by a kingdom or a preexisting common area, allowing for ingenuity and true, invasive, first-hand exploration of Beqanna, as opposed to having to always write a prelude about having explored.

Just my two cents!!
    :)
    Any of the current lands can already be used to explore Beqanna. So if you want to explore the coast west of Sylva, you could post on the Sylva board. You could also post in the Meadow and explore the lake by the mountain or the seashore by Taiga. Basically anywhere you post can be anywhere you’d like it to be. Ingenuity is, obviously, wonderful and players are free to write out their explorations and not feel they have to reference it in the past tense.

For example, Elle and I are currently writing Isobell and Ivar as living in the sea between the River and Ischia, but are using the River board to do so.
    I just feel awkward using a kingdom board for non-kingdom affairs, especially since rulers would be IC inclined to check out everyone who's living there, even if they weren't living there. But I see your point, and I didn't know we could utilize the lands this way. Thank you for opening my eyes! Smile