• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Will Provide-[Wound--Maiven]
    Durotan
    He took in the young filly just a short week or so ago, it was hard to adjust to each other. He was no father, he had no foals of his own but he was once in her shoes, he could not leave her like his parents left him. They made there way from the Meadow to the Forest but he was not happy, he wanted a Kingdom for the filly to grow up in. She deserved that much, other foals to grow up with, a structured environment to help her decide what she wants as she gets older. It will be easier for her to mingle with others and at the end of they day she will have more protection than just Durotan himself.

He turns to look back at the silver dappled filly How are you doing Maiv? he smiled as he looked at the filly who trailed a few paces behind him. He stopped in his tracks and scanned the horizon, he heard another but could not find them in his view. It was winter now in Beqanna and the ground was covered in snow, the forest was now white with the few shades of green that the evergreens provided. He scanned once more before looking back to Maiven Perhaps we can rest here for the night he smiled as he looked at the sun setting, he moved towards a large tree a few paces away that would be good enough to provide cover for the night. He looked to the floor of the forest and pawed at the ground, eventually he dug back enough snow and a small patch of green grass blades that remained appeared. Go ahead and eat he gestured the filly to have a meal.

Don't Let Go

@[Maiven]
    @[wound]
    I Hope That You Burn

Winter had swept across the land taking with it any remaining hope that she might find her family. The land had become white washed, making it nearly impossible to identify one distant figure from the other. Gray skies and falling snow had weighed heavily upon her heart and, despite Durotan’s best efforts, she could not rid herself of the gloom that had grabbed hold of her.

Beqanna was unfamiliar to her and the deeper she traveled into it the more alone she felt. Her adopted father had, thus far, assured her that he would not abandon her. Through every tireless mile she had always stayed a few paces behind him, determined that she would not lose sight of him as easily as she had her parents. His tall stature and darker coloring made him easier to spot whereas her fairer complexion almost made her camouflaged against the snowy landscape. Her companion stopped and she followed suit, careful to remain ever so slightly at his flank. His caring voice warmed her and, though he was not particularly affectionate, she felt his voice like a reassuring caress.

”I am fine,” she said in a voice barely above a whisper. She shivered against the frozen wind as it tousled her main and was grateful when he declared that they should rest.

Intrigued, as she always was, she watched as Duro – the name in which she had given her new guardian – pawed up a few springs of green grass. Selflessly he offered the food to her and she did not hesitate to lower her head to eat. In the past she would have argued against such a gesture, but she had learned that any and all attempts were futile. He would not settle until he was satisfied that she had eaten. So she did and was happy to do so. Food as lush as what he’d found was a rarity and she allowed it’s sweet flavor to fill her up with it’s promise of spring.

Maiven

@[Durotan] @[wound]
    L
    On any other day, Wound would much rather prefer to spend her evenings under the warmth of the dying sun, perhaps soaking herself in a pool of water steaming from the currents of lava found underground. Tephra offered a sweet, humid sanctuary from the bitterness of winter and the silvery bay had quite gotten used to the temperatures of her home.

However, as night is falling around her, the diplomat is still making her way home. She’d spent the day in the Field, searching for anyone who might be in need of somewhere to stay — even temporarily. But any loner she might’ve engaged with was already preoccupied and Wound is certainly not evil-hearted enough to snatch a recruit from under a fellow’s nose.

It’s the sound of a deep rumble followed by a soft whisper that causes Wound to turn away from her path home and struggle through a few deeper snow-banks. Her deformed leg slows her down even further so by the time Wound breaks out of the tree-line and into the vision of Durotan and Maiven, she is almost sweating and most definitely out of breath.

“Oh!” she manages to get out between gulps of searingly cold air. Her lungs are burning, but her heart is warmed by the sight before her. A young, pale girl traveling with a large, dark stallion. Wound’s coffee-brown eyes evaluate the sight for a moment longer. “I didn’t mean to interrupt… I just heard some voices and wanted to make sure no one was hurt.” It’s a lame excuse, but Wound’s always been the type to help the strangers of Beqanna regardless of whether they actually want it or not.

“I’m Wound.”
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Durotan] @[Maiven] Sorry this took so long to get out!
    Durotan
    Maiven and Durotan had there secrets, they both had fears and walls up. It was hard at times to connect to each other because he had shut out all of his emotions and she was only interested in finding her parents. Although they had there struggles he truly cared for the filly, more than he thought possible.

She takes him up on his offer and quickly gobbles down the cold blades of grass. He stood beside the foal resting his eyes, allowing his ears to be his eyes. It was not long until he picked up on the sound of another approaching, he is quick to step in front of Maiven Stay quiet he whispers to Maiven as he looks for the source of the noise. It wasn't long before another appeared, she was dark in color. She appeared startled by Durotan and Maivens prescense but quickly noted she came to make sure no one was hurt. He cocked his eye curious why she would come to that conclusion, but she moved on to introduce herself as Wishbone.

She did not appear to be to a danger to them, in fact her right leg appeared to be injured, she would not be much of a match for him. He moves to allow Maiven in view once again, but he remains ready to protect the filly. My name is Durotan and this is Maiven, my filly. He made sure to note that she was his, and he had not stolen her for ill intentions. There is no danger here, do you belong to a Kingdom? he asks as she does not smell of a loner. He would offer her safety for the night if she needed it.

Don't Let Go

@[wound] @[Maiven] OOC: I think Durotan is going to wind up in Ischia, but we can come for a visit, or end it here. Whatever you want ^^
    I Hope That You Burn

As she ate she felt the atmosphere around her shift. Tentatively, she raised her head and looked to Durotan. His gaze was glued on an approaching dark figure. Protectively he squared himself and stepped forward to shield her from the stranger. His order for her to remain quiet reached her ears and she sank lower beside him. Quietly she listened as the two adults conversed, her eyes making a study of the one who named herself Wound.

Maiven

@[Durotan] @[wound] Sorry it's so short. Maiven is just an onlooker here.