• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The time has come my little one / Trekori, Any
    BROKEN VISIONS LET THE DARKNESS HEAL
    I lead on a new adventure with Trekori in tow as we begin to meander around the forest. Why exactly we headed in this direction I can’t say for certain. Out of boredom is what it really came down to. Only so much time you can spend in one place, and I quite want to find my way around this Banana. Since it is now my home it is only acceptable to roam it. It’s late afternoon and we’ve been traveling for most of the day. Not that we have walked necessarily far in distance from the Meadow, but we have taken the less traveled route for sure and put on extra mileage. I look to the boy, knowing that I myself feel tired and suggest we rest for awhile, Maybe take a nap even. Without waiting to hear for his response I quick unfurl my wings to stretch them before cozying down into the dirt. I lay my head down and close my eyes with the intent to catch a few moments sleep but the noise of the forest keeps me awake. With every branch snap or rustle of the leaves I find myself peeking open one eye to see if anyone is coming. No one approaches, but it is enough to keep me from a decent slumber.

My stomach growls in annoyance as I lay, lazily I open my eyes looking for a long tuft of grass or shrubbery that I can eat without making any real effort. I spot a nice looking patch off to my right and reach over to gnaw on it, finding several small oddly shaped fungi hidden behind it. I’ve never eaten such things, my planet didn’t have them. Perhaps that is why I consumed them with no hesitation with the grass. I nudge Kori who is on the ground beside me. ”Hey, kid. There are some interesting things, you should eat them. They don’t taste the best but I tried them and I haven’t died yet. It’s not good for you to be so skinny.” There I go again, the parental figure in this kid’s life.

I return my head down to the ground and decide to close my eyes, trying harder to ignore any distracting noises. I’m not sure how long it takes me to fall asleep or how long I’m asleep, I would guess an hour or so if not a little longer before I wake. When I wake things seem different and something is off. I can’t place it, but the world seems to be… Breathing almost? It’s moving, pulsing, glowing, wiggling.

I feel a weird euphoric wave overcoming me, and I can’t explain why when I look over at Trekori I’m smiling like an idiot. ”Glow-stick…” My laugh is deep and uncontrollable, ”I think we may have eaten something aloof.” And though I’m saying something so negative, it sounds so great coming out of my mouth. I don’t worry about what is happening as much as I should, I probably am a horrible father figure to this kid. I don’t even know what is really occurring. I stand, rustle my wings, and lay back down. I repeat the action. Again. Another time.  I don’t even notice myself tweaking as if I’m stuck on a loop for a moment but when I do, I can’t recall how long I’d been doing it. I hardly even knew I was doing it at all. Maybe it had been an hour, maybe it had been two minutes. I wouldn’t say for certain.

”Oh, man.” I look hazily over at the boy, ”what did I get us into? God, we are in some shit, shiny.” Its hard for me to finish my sentence as I periodically stop to chuckle to myself. It is evening now, the forest dimly lit by the moon. Kori’s horn glows softly amidst the darkness and captures my full attention. It is so weird that we both occupy the same space but it doesn’t feel like we are separate beings. It feels like we are one with nature and it one with us. It is beautiful, glorious, and man is his horn glory. ”It’s just so pretty, isn’t it? Can you see it?” Who knows if he can see his own horn, it’s a stupid question.

I’m stupid dumb right now.
    @[Trekori] omg

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

While I have spent my fair share of time (read: my whole life) wandering aimlessly from place to place, I can't say that I've ever done it with a companion. At most, I've temporarily stopped when someone presented as an interesting distraction, but always I moved on solo. Even when I met with my own blood-brother I hadn't invited him to travel with me (though I had invited him to find me in Ischia... Plans for a bachelor-lead mutiny and all). But this Andulvar, he's proving hard to get rid of - or maybe I've actually found someone who's company I enjoy.

It's weird though. Totally strange.

I've been munching pretty steadily as we march, knowing that I'll probably keel over and die if I don't, considering how tireless Dirtman over here seems to be. And yet as I think this, it is too soon, as next thing I know the fool is stretching out his black wings and buffeting me in the face. Snorting, nostrils tickled by his inky feathers, I frown down at him as he collapses for a "nap" as he put it. A NAP? My sensibilities are offended... But then I'm yawning, and forgetting just why I was so insulted, my gangly palomino legs folding in on themselves. Unlike Var, I don't flap my wings about, instead clutching them like a blanket to my sides.

I've managed to get a good little wink in before my nap (a truly wonderful way to spend time I'm finding) is rudely interrupted by what sounds like a cougar growling. Opening one eye, I glare at Var. "And you always criticize me for being hungry." But then he's inviting me to come and eat the weird little mushrooms he seems to be quite enjoying, and my own stomach makes sure to speak its opinion before I can. Well, I know what happens when I argue with that voice in Var's presence, and so I heave myself up and go to see what all the fuss is about.

"Uuh, Var, I don't think you should've eaten those." My purple eyes go over the stallion seriously, a little freaked out that he would so nonchalantly inhale such foreign plants. What earth was he raised on?? Gods. But as I watch him carefully, and listen to his badgering voice telling me just how skinny I am, I eventually lower my head to take a nibble. Well, more than a nibble.

I'm hungrier than I thought.

When all the mushrooms are gone, I wander over to some grass to eat my fill. Var snore's behind me, and although I think I'm annoyed by it, the sound of slumber makes my own eyelids droop, and sooner than later, I'm on the ground dozing off.

My dreams... Are weird. The sky is above me, twinkling with stars though the sun's still high. Gravity feels kinda funny, like the sky is down and the ground is up, but I can't really think about it logically - those stars are just so damn twinkly. Feeling an itch crawl up my back for what seems like an hour, I wiggle around in the dirt, trying to scratch it, my mouth opening and closing like a stranded fish.

Glow-stick.

My vision swims wetly to the sound, skipping like a record player as my head flops quickly to the side. Boy does he sound funny when he smiles like that. "Huh-huh," I chuckle in response, drooling a little. Finding that a perfectly civilized reaction, I readjust my head to stare at my legs. Legs that have been stuck straight up in the air for the past ten minutes, floating around with minds of their own, dancing with the stars in the sky above.

"Look, if you're going to - if you're going to do that - at least invite me." I didn't even realize that I'd noticed the war Dirtman has been standing up and sitting down like that, but I did, and with a good amount of luck, I'm teetering next to him, my golden body absolutely plastered in grass and dirt. "A-and don't swear in my presence, I'm a - a fucking prince."

I'm grinning the complete fool, with my wings half unfolded, the very tips of them rapid-fire tapping my flanks, though I don't seem to notice. Someone's singing a song and it's a minute before I realize that it's me, and by then, Andulvar is about 3 inches from my face, staring at my horn like it's a god, and asking me a question I REALLY can't answer right now. I'm too busy looking into his eyes, watching them expand and expand til it looks like they'll bug out of Var's face. Boy, if I just reach out and popped them with my tongue, I bet they'd taste like clouds.

And so I'm standing there. With my pink tongue extended right for Andulvar's eyeball. A nonsensical song still being partially sung around the obstruction.

@[Andulvar]

Leilan is restless; aimless to be exact. He is visiting in Nerine, and treated like nothing more or less than that to be honest. Not a threat - made almost painfully clear. It is so, that he comes to wander the lands, since although meeting up with family is fun, if most of them are female and chitchat about stuff you weren't around to witness, it can easily bore a young man in his prime.

No, he'd rather take long evening walks. Like that time he found the little moaner by the river, only this time his travels take him a bit further towards the more forested area. It is a commonland, as well; though not often used for recruiting it could possibly harbour some interesting individuals.

It's not too often you meet a single nephew twice. But there he is.

Leilan spots Trekori from afar; his white-golden figure is a dead giveaway, but his glowing horn is even worse. What's he doing in the forest by nightfall? And... well isn't that interesting. He's not alone, an adult is accompanying him. As the silver roan casually walks closer, he finds that they are not behaving like adults in any way - so unlike when Leilan last saw Kori. Well, in that case perhaps the black winged stallion is a better influence on his nephew than his own parents.

He catches words like glow-stick and shiny, and Leilan chuckles. He nears the pair, who seem to be laughing, and he wonders what they've eaten. Just then Trekori proclaims he is a fucking prince - Leilan doubts he ever fucked anything or anyone, but that's a difference. "Good evening, prince Glow-Stick. Who's your companion today?" he puts in, nearing the pair with an open, interested face.

Can't resist xD @[Trekori] @[Andulvar]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    BROKEN VISIONS LET THE DARKNESS HEAL
    I dance, up and down. And soon my little friend is joining me, a countless game of up and down. I stand. I collapse. I hurl myself up again. I laugh at the proclamation of royalty. I look at him with wide eyes, his song bringing me closer to the shiny, shiny light. Something comes towards it, blocking the prettiness that is all i’ve ever wanted to know.

It is then that we are so rudely interrupted, the worship of the light must take a brief pause. I close my open and awed mouth with a snap. Looking then I study the roan man who dared to break our ceremony. And then he has the audacity to insult the boy. ”I am King dirt-dadda to you, peasant.” One eye twitches while the other remains unusually large. If I could see my self I’m quite certain I would crack. ”Who………” I forget what I’m going to say. Perhaps five minutes pass as I continue to coo the word over and over.

I look then at Kori, squinting to see if he is thinking what I am thinking. I cannot be certain yet. My lips smack together as if morse code. tap, tap. tap, tap. I think I feel his wavelength then, finally we are in contact. I speak then, my voice the definition of distorted. I flap my wings with the language only Kori and I can know. ”Bleeerrggg naww teeek wug pan tearnty.” My head nods vigorously, looking between the wingy shiny and the other dude.

@[Trekori] @[Leilan] SOOO SORRY THIS TOOK FAR TOO LONG BUT... WE MUST CONTINUE 

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

Good evening, prince glow-stick. Good evening, prince glow-ti -- GOOD EVENING PRINCE GLOW STI -- GOOD EVENING PRINCE GLOWSTICK.

"You do not need to talk - so - loud - Uncle,"
    Comes my blathering words, all too familiar for exactly how estranged Leilan and I are at this point. Or wait, are we all brothers of Ischia now? My sense of time must be SERIOUSLY fucked cause, chronologically y'know, I'm just not really with it right now. Either Brennen is king or he isn't, but what I DO know is that Leilan is, well, his eyes are also bugging out like toads getting stepped on, and frankly, it's lewd and crass.

"'Shrooms," I slur in explanation, shunting my head forward with my shoulders up and eyes rolled back as if to say dontcha know? Then I look to where the patch still grows, smacking my lips hungrily. But then the mushrooms grow legs and start marching around me like weird bipedal ants, and I immediately lose my appetite. How dare the mushrooms forsake me like this!

Tap, tap. Tap, tap.

Like a dog who's excited to play, my legs splay outward all of sudden as I pick up on Var's wavelength, my eyes taking their turn at bugging out of my skull as I stare, agape, at the black stallion as we communicate telepathically. "What the fuuuuuuck," comes a gurgly mutter from the back of my throat. My eyes go to Leilan. "Can you hear him, too? He's - mmmmmmmm."

@[Leilan] IDK what this is :/

To say that Leilan is surprised is an understatement. The black, winged stallion is a complete goner, looking Leilan up and down like... well he doesn’t really want to imagine what he currently looks like according to the winged man. Who, by the way, introduced himself as King dirt-something. Not likely his name.

As the roan focuses on Trekori, he catches one half of what the black stallion is trying to say, making whooing sounds, perhaps he had something to say which is lost on Leilan. It is amusing him though, and he chuckles at the golden pinto as he yells that his uncle should be silent. At this point in time, somewhere before the formation of the brotherhood no doubt, Leilan is sure to add a little to that.

So, shrooms. That explains why that black man is making indiscernible sounds. He nods at his nephew, shrooms would explain a lot if not everything. ”Ah, but shrooms are only half the fun! I know some other plants too, man. You’ll want to try those flowers next time.” he nods to a bush that harbours the softdrug indeed. If anything, unfortunately for the guys he’s just walked into, Leilan is not the most responsible horse around. He’s not planning on helping them snap out of it just yet, and wonders how far either will go.

@[Trekori] @[Andulvar] I am so sorry this took so long!
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Kwazi Entered the forrest, the one thing that hasn't altered (seemingly) in his abscence. He walks around, wondering if they, too, have changed. There's certainly no-longer any strange mists, but more than that has happened.

The friends he held dear are gone. His only love has died, the place he once called home has been replaced and renamed. Only heaven knows why he was left, all these years. All twelve of them.

He feels like a huge chunk of his life has vanished, and another hunk has been ripped away from him. The splashed flaxen walks downtroddenly into the forrest, not looking where he was going. Not caring either.

Any place was better than in his broken soul.

@[Trekori] @[Andulvar] @[Leilan] Hope you don't mind me jumping in!