• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Imperial, Deiti]

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

His icey gaze looks down upon the stranger.  He holds his judgement of the colt a bit longer but the name of the autumnal forests puts him back on high alert.  Thoughts of Gryffen and his hell hounds come back to focus.  Memories of flames and burning flesh cause his eyes to widen enough to see the whites.  His skull raises sharply as his back end swings away from the black spy.  He had it in his mind to run the intruder off their land and back to the hell of which he came.  Only faintly does he here the colts plight.  A story of orphanage and abandonment.  Then another name comes forth and he snorts loudly in distaste.  Barely finished with his final sentence, the silver and charcoal stallion finds himself speaking again, "So is Gryffen sending his dogs to round up more women to abuse?!  You Sylvians make me sick.  I'm guessing Carnage probably raped and killed your mother as well... Do yourself a favor and do not search for that family." His eyes bore into the colt before looking to his daughter, "You would not survive that meeting... Deiti, let's go." He turns to push his daughter inland, keeping his body between them, before looking back to the black stallion, "It'd be best if you return to the hell hole you came from and do NOT come back here." 

Imperial

@[Jesper] ok I lied... Now Deiti but I promise there is a purpose here and a TON of history so bare with me Wink

A God's Creation: Carnage X Dynast

There is little she could say to avoid her father's wrath.  He charges in and begins bossing everyone around.  Accusations fly and she is left to watch in shock.  Her eyes find Jesper nearly cowaring in submission but still her father lashes out.  She had never seen this side of him and it scared her slightly.  Looking to Jespers position he looked a tad weary as well.  She side steps to better see both of the stallions reaction and to better hear what was being said.

Cautiously she approaches her father's shoulder, positioning herself slightly ahead of it.  Ebony ears twist as she finds Jespers story saddening but still her father fires back.  Hearing the autumn forests is where Jesper lives and then her father's assumption that a, Gryffen ran it, her brow furrowed in anger.  Then his face turns to her to make their leave and she is quick to object.  Skirting out of her father's reach and side stepping to Jespers side. "No Father!" She snaps, her ears flattening and tail twitching in irritation.  She stands just in front of Jesper as she confronts her father, "I've been to Sylva.  It is a nice place.  Their leader, Sabra is not evil.  Whatever you think is there, is not!  I don't know what happened to you and mother there, but it's not a bad place." She admits her betrayal to her father's rules but she felt the need to defend this stranger.  Something is still bothering her though, "Who's Carnage and how do you know him?  Why would you say such a thing about his mother and father?!" Her tone is demanding of answers. Truths. 

DEITI

@[Jesper]
    Jesper maintains his stand-down posture as Imperial berates him. He knew that words could not help here, but his curiosity always seemed to get the better of him. The raven male listens, despite the harsh tone cast at him. He hoped that Deiti was right; that her father could help. Alas, any hope for clarity on his family tree fades as the charcoal-and-silver brute rants on. In fact, Jesper found himself with more questions than answers. Who is Gryffen? What horrible things did he do to infuriate Imperial this much? Although, it did not seem to take much to rattle the larger stallion’s cage. Mandible parts from maxilla in a mouth-wide-open gape as next sentence rings in ears. Carnage did what to my mother? Perhaps, it was just his temper talking, but Imperial used the word, ‘probably’. As if, this was – maybe, is still – a common occurrence.

Poll lifts slightly as ebony equine attempts to get a grasp on where this tirade left off. He shakes cranium in disbelief before ceil blue gaze notes that the young lady now stood in front of him. He also notes that Imperial moved to take his leave. Anxiously, liquid pools shift between Deiti and Imperial. He certainly would not allow the other male to accuse him of encouraging her. Alas, the black female stood in confidence and, addresses her father with defiance. Lobes flicker briefly forwards as Deiti defends Sylva and, for all intents and purposes, defends him. Yes, how does Imperial know Carnage? What does he know of him?

Jesper permits a single breath of relief to escape flared nares. He would need to thank her later, but for now, obsidian steed makes an effort to return the favor that onyx dame just earned. Hindquarters push limbs forward as he draws alongside Deiti. Poll lifts and tufted lobes prick forwards as light blue gaze searches Imperial cautiously. His eyes are soft, and yet, his muscular sinew tenses with anticipation. Would he finally hear the answers he set out for? Or, would Imperial refuse to help in the slightest and, perhaps, retaliate?

@[Deiti] @[Imperial]

Son of a Red Eyed Ghost

Oh how quickly tables turn.  Where he turns to push his daughter to leave, suddenly she is moving to his other side.  Appalled at his accusations and defiant in her actions.  He is stunned to say the least and words escape him as she is questioning HIM.  Admittance of her betrayal silenced him as his thoughts reel.  He had gone about this all wrong.

There is a moment of defeat that softens his muscles and lowers his silver aproned crown.  He had said too much.  Out of anger he had exposed truths that had laid hidden for too long and now they creep upon him.  Like the stench of death they are.  His blue eyes had fallen from the other two sets upon him as a heavied breath is inhaled, then released. "I'm sorry," it was the only words he had to describe what he was about to say. "I tried to protect you Deiti.  That's all I ever wanted to do.  You deserved that.  Your mother..your real mother...deserved that as well," it stung to admit this fact but it was about to hurt worse. "Deiti, Kuma is not your birth mother and I... I...am not your real father," the once furious stallion is nothing more than a faint memory of the ghost that stands there now. "My sister is your mother and...she was tortured and raped by your father...Carnage," he looks to his daughter again pleading forgiveness.  Knowing shock and dismay would befall her, "I saved you Deiti from certain death.  Your mother was not in her right mind when I found her... I hadn't even known who she was and we had been attack in Sylva, your mothe...Kuma and me by Gryffen.  We escaped and I went back to find her, she had just birthed you and then...then she...she wanted to kill you. I'm sorry Deiti." And he was.  For believing he could always shelter her from the truth. "I tried..." He nearly whispers as his head turns away from them.  That was all a father could ever do right? Try to protect his children from all the dangers of the world.  

He stood waiting for her to say something, anything.  A small hope still remained that she would forgive him. If not immediately, then in time.  Time healed all things after all...

Imperial

I'll tag Jesper after I get Deiti up Smile

The stance she held was defiant, yes, but protective as well.  She saw no immediate reason why her usually docile father was on edge.  Her naive mind decided it had been cause she had disobeyed and was now in the presence of a strange boy.  The thought made her nares flare in anger.  Until she sees her father transform into his normal sense.  Softened and gently spoken.  There was a regret on his face though that softens her own features.  

Ebony ears flick forwards as his words begin to form.  He fumbles through it and what starts off as an apology quickly morphs into an admittance of his own lies.  Secrets of the past that had clearly built up over time and it had taken this moment for the pressure to explode.  His words cause her confusion as she begins to think of everything she knows is no longer.  Her real mother wished her dead and her real father had probably caused it.  The one she had called father all these years was suddenly a stranger.  Her mother Kuma and her sister Embark, were just as unfamiliar.  He finishes and her gaze is lost to an endless abyss of hazey memories.  This is why she was different than them.  The sharp teeth that had injured her golden sister was an effect of the monster her father was... Who she was.  

A gasp brings her back to reality as she begins to shake the thoughts from her head.  Lids shutter over sapphire eyes as she mumbles denials to herself.  Gathering her limbs and finding the strength to move, she turns sharply to the southern border.  Eyes opening to reveal tears forming at their corners and the path she seeked.  Her heart thrummed in her ears and if either of the stallions were following her, she could not hear their hoofbeats over the patter of her own heart...

It wasn't long before she was hidden within the edge of forest and craggy rocks.  Her pace slowed as she exhausted herself.  Coming to stand now against a rock formation.  Her lungs pressed for oxygen and she had no choice but to obey.  Deep breaths drew her focus from her father's words as she refused to believe what had just happened.  Who was she kidding? It made too much sense to not be true... 

Now what?!...

DEITI

@[Jesper] is more than welcome to follow her if you'd like Smile Imperial will probably just give her space for now
    There Jesper stands alongside Deiti, nothing but a silent witness. Tufted lobes prick atop skull while light blue gaze searches Imperial’s face. In a few moments, the fury dissipates and, in its stead, is shame and guilt. The raven steed finds his own heart, melting. The creases around his glossy orbs fade as the tension drains from male’s chassis. Alert stance shifts into a more casual position as poll lowers slightly. Jesper notes the pleading of his tone and, the truly heartbreaking tale of Deiti’s creation. When the charcoal-and-silver bronc falls quiet, attention redirects onto the onyx dame.

He had completely missed the point where her expression changed from defiance to resentment. Selfishly, he was caught up in the drama and, entirely forgot that this was someone’s life. Her life.

No!
    Wait!
    His sister’s life!

Poll shakes rapidly before fleeting glance meets Imperial’s. Softly, he ushers a few words. “I am so sorry for bringing this to light.” He could not exactly thank him for sharing; however, he certainly felt grateful for the insight he held now. Weight shifts onto haunches and forehand pivots in the direction Deiti travels. Engaging muscular sinew, limbs pull physique into a swift canter as he pursues the dame. He did not know what he would say but, given the recent reveal, he figured they could both bond over their shock. Jesper navigates the uneven terrain with more confidence as his three-beat cadence carries him across Loess. When the slender ebony equine slows in front of him, male settles his pace into a light plod. Flared nostrils expose salmon-lining as jaunt demands a replacement for the oxygen spent.

Ceil blue orbs take note that Deiti halts and, seeks support alongside a boulder. Instead of pausing, male keeps moving past female. Jesper surveys the unfamiliar area to ensure that no threats lurk nearby. He also uses this time to keep limber and, stretch bunching muscles. Once certain that the two of them are safe, jet-black stallion turns to face her. With breathing nearly back-to-normal, gentle voice emits from vocal chords to address Deiti. “I am so sorry for what the truth means. I can see why you might view Imperial with disdain.” He pauses here, briefly, as he searches for the right thing to say. Going with honesty, he continues. “Listen, Deiti, I know he lied to you but, he did the job a father should do. He protected you and, nurtured you. It seems to me as though he has been carrying this burden a long time and, he knew it would jeopardize his relationship with you. I just think he deserves your forgiveness. He has mine because, without him, you might not be here, right?” Loquacious chatter ceases here as raven steed prevents himself from going too far. He hopes she listened. He steps forwards to close the distance between them and, tentatively edges his whiskered muzzle towards hers in a familial sort of greeting. “Without him, I might not have a sister.”

@[Deiti]

Life had suddenly become much less clear.  A haze of uncertainty clouded her mind and better judgement.  She stood there, leaned against the boulder, attempting to collect her breath when she sees Jesper move past her and look about the area.  She wonders briefly why, but doesn't ask.  When he circles back and comes before her, she looks to him with tear stained cheeks.  Ebony ears flicker as he begins to speak.  Intent on listening for now, as words escaped her grasp at the moment, her blue gaze falls to the ground.  

Though his statements may be true she can't help but feel betrayed.  Led to believe she was someone she wasn't.  Through a quiet sob she murmers, "Who am I?"  Again looking to the dark stallion who had called her sister.  She had been a sister, a daughter... Now she wasn't sure who's exactly.  Apparently his sister and a rapist daughter.  Her mother, hell who knows where she was. She didn't even get her name before she ran off.  Everything was just so complicated.

Mustering up a small smile as he attempts to console her, she thinks of what was said of his, their father.  "Thank you for your kind words Jesper. Im sorry I didn't help you much," she apologizes.  It wasn't everyday you find out your father is a monster.  She can't help but think about her mother and what had happened to her.  Why she had tried to kill her? Where she was now? "You think she's ok...? My mother?" Her eyes softened at the thought of being alone after such torment.  Sadness and curiousity soon combining into a need to find her mother...and herself.  

DEITI

@[Jesper]
    Tufted lobes focus intently to capture every word raven dame ushers. Light blue gaze softens with features as Deiti exhibits betrayal and, disappointment. In response to her first question, the older black only has the following to offer. “You are Deiti. I think it is perfectly normal that you do not know who you are. That you are still figuring things out. I am still figuring out who I am and, I have had a couple more years to do so.” Charcoal labrums curve into a gentle smile in hopes of encouraging the young lady not to feel so defeated. He continues to watch her features until a small smile lights up her façade. He listens closely to her next words – all of her words – before he pipes up again.

“You helped me immensely, Deiti. I had no clue what my father was like. And, although I only have Imperial’s word, it just makes sense. It explains why he has never been around. He may have sired me but, he is no father of mine.” Snort of disgust escapes nasal caverns as if ridding physique of the vileness that composes half of his genes. He pauses at her last question before he continues. “I like to think she has found her own peace of mind. Listen, Deiti, I would be a hypocrite if I did not support you in searching for her. I came to Loess as part of my personal mission to find answers; to find the truth. I found some answers, and for that, I am so grateful.” Jesper collects his thoughts briefly before he finds his voice once again. “If you would like a distraction, I would be happy to show you around Sylva. If you would like to waste no more time in seeking the truth about your mother, I will gladly accompany you wherever your travels lead us.” Weight now shifts off of right hind limb as ebony stallion settles into a casual stance and, finally, quiets his loquacious tongue.

@[Deiti]