• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

There were plans brewing, and in the stagnancy that had enveloped Beqanna, the idea of these plans excited Scorch beyond reason. I know, I know, I told you all that she liked the peace and quiet -- but goddamn, sometimes enough is enough! By the time this peace ended, Scorch would probably be dead again, for the second time. So, she took things into her own hands. Err, hooves.

The journey to Tephra was by far the most arduous out of any other; Tephra and Nerine were each on complete opposite sides of Beqanna, and there wasn't a straight path to guide the mare there, either. But whining aside, Scorch easily made the trip in two days, travelling at a quick canter for most of the journey. One doesn't become a renowned warrior by walking.

She comes upon the Tephran border just after midday, the sun not setting, but no longer above her. The ashen, volcanic kingdom reminds her of her burning flesh, decades before; but she casts the image away, knowing that the sight of her alone is enough, never mind accompanied with thoughts of the smell of her melting, searing flesh.

Pawing the earth with eager anticipation (for she came today with more than a little political play in mind), Scorch raised her hammer head and trumpeted a loud call for their king:

Warrick.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

Let me know if you don't want this to be private. Figured we could move it along most quickly if it was!
    [Image: scorch2.png]
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    A call trembles throughout the humid air, strongly presented and pulsing vibrantly within the stillness of Tephra’s sweltering heat.

Warrick begins to move immediately, blue-tipped ears pressed towards the source and with a curious glimmer in his eyes. The call had been urgent - stately. Whoever is calling, it had been for him, and it meant business. He moves in a swift canter, the thick humidity quickly clinging to his auburn coat and causing him to sweat - the sun is merciless here, even in the height of a winter’s season. The broad, fat leaves of the tropical landscape push away from his muscled chest, dripping with moisture and darkening his coat even more.

When he arrives before her, his black mane and forelock is plastered against his neck and face, and his nostrils flutter in attempts to cool himself. He halts, a slight bobbing in his head, and a quick flutter of his wings as he settles them into his sides. He takes in the stranger - a fleshy woman, without hair or color with bold eyes - with a gentle snort, his cerulean gaze quickly coming to rest on hers.

“Welcome to Tephra,” he begins, his voice solid and unwavering as it leaves his lips. “I assume it is I who you are searching for - I am Warrick.”
    Warrick

@[Scorch]
    I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. D: It's terrible, but I wanted to get it up for plotsies! <3

The mare did not  wait long before a stallion appeared, cantering towards her in response to her urgent call. Her molten eyes glimmered in appreciation of his timeliness and pace - this man clearly held the name which she called, a regal air of authority about him. His massive navy wings caught her attention, but she quickly scoured the rest of his figure - bay and muscular, a powerful king, as could be deciphered from his name: Warrick.

Scorch lowered her head in deference to him before responding to his query.

"You are correct in that assumption, king Warrick. A pleasure to meet you." Her gravelly voice often startled strangers (for her vocal chords had been traumatized by fire, along with the rest of her, many decades ago), but she held his gaze evenly, trusting that he would look past it as he already had her disfigurements. "My name is Scorch; I am Queen Hestia of Nerine's Advisor, and a long ago Khaleesi of the Amazons." She doubted that he would remember her from then, perhaps not having even been born, but she felt it necessary information to divulge. She needed him to know that she knew what she was doing - even if he already did.

"Queen Hestia has sent me to you with a proposition." She smiled, both amiably and with some cunning. "A child exchange, to strengthen both our kingdoms in the face of the shifting political scene of Beqanna. It's a rudimentary idea, but the execution of it is straightforward, and the benefits too. We propose the switch to be a year long, at the end of which, the children may do as they please, in regards to where they choose to live."

"Does this interest you Warrick, King of the Tephrans?"

Scorch

Advisor to Nerine's Hestia

@[Warrick] no worries, mine is just as short too!!
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    She is diplomatic and peaceful - something that settles into a certain calm that covers the bay stallion, and he begins to relax before her. Her reply and introduction made it clear that she knew her way around Beqanna, and diplomacy. He listens intently and carefully, for Tephra had not yet been visited by another kingdom in seeking anything - Tephra had been the ones to go out and begin the process. He is interested to see what it is that Nerine has to offer, for his first attempt had been to secure Sylva and Ischia, but now Nerine is before him, and he is curious.

“Scorch,” he replies with a slight dip of his head in acknowledgement. The Amazons, though no longer a formed kingdom, were forces to be reckoned with back when he was a mere colt. He would not be surprised that Scorch would still be just as the Amazons were back then - vigilant, strong, cunning. Despite not knowing her personally, he already holds a deep respect for the woman who stands before him, and the Queen she represents.

The proposition is interesting.

The stallion shifts his weight, leaning back on his haunches and shuffling the feathers of his great wings in thought. He did not know much about Hestia, but from the way she is portrayed by her followers, Warrick is impressed. Nerine had never been a place he had wanted to go (he enjoys his volcano above all else), but his mind flickers to the idea of a few of the Tephran children, and how many would be excited for the change in scenery, even if only temporary. His mind brings Valensia to his forefront (she is cunning and strong, even at her age) and he wonders if she will be the one that offers to go. Accepting this proposition would not only mean that Nerine and Tephra would be required to remain peaceful, but that a child of their own would come to learn and live in the volcanic peninsula. His lips press together, eyes narrowing slightly as he plays with the idea.

Warrick smiles thoughtfully, his brows rising as he clears his throat. “No child will be forced,” he adds with a gentle snort, clarifying the terms. He doubts Scorch or the Queen would force a child from their home or family to live in a strange place for a year, or that they would require their residency to be permanent after the year is up - but he needed to be sure.

“You can tell your Queen that the terms will be met, if Tephra has a child and its mother volunteer. We shall send them in spring?”
    Warrick

@[Scorch]

Although Scorch had only this interaction upon which to base her opinions of Warrick, he presented himself with such finesse that she could but like and respect the stallion. As the only male regent in Beqanna, he had to keep his wits about him - and yet he still managed to put Scorch at ease, feeling as though she stood next to one of her own rank, whereas many in this new Beqanna seemed new and confused when met by someone as authoritative as her.

The red stallion took his time to mull over Nerine's proposition, but by the way he smiled as he added another bullet point to the agreement told Scorch that the answer was already yes. She chuckled at his words, dipping her head, acknowledging him. "Of course." A part of her wanted to say that Nerine would never be in the kidnapping business, but with Hestia, she couldn't really be sure. At least in this area though, she can offer Warrick certainty: no child shall be forced.

"That sounds excellent; Nerine thanks you for your interest. We will hear from you in the spring." Her ears glanced back, and the mare dips her head a final time. "It was good meeting you, king Warrick. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of each other." And so, mission accomplished, the mare wheeled around and returned home.

Scorch

Advisor to Nerine's Hestia