• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    History Repeats
    The bay is running.  Oh is she running.  From the moment hooves hit the alter side of Tephras borders, she is running.  Her destination as clear as day in her mind.

The redwood forests of Taiga had been her home for nearly a year.  After having completed the fairies tasks in planting the seeds of three memorials to the once kingdom, she had stayed to tend to the forests.  Breathing life back into the fallen kingdom with her new magic.  She had worked day in and day out to return the forests to their former glory.  Then left to find her mother and childhood friend caught in an intertwined web of lust and deception.  God, what had she been thinking! Now she was pregnant with a child she was most certain was the last thing Levi wanted.  

When she arrives at the great forests treeline, she sees it is fairing well.  The once saplings were gaining height and mass since her departure.  This causes a smile to carve at her worried features.  She would reside here within the depths of the forests so Levi would not be bothered by the results of their night of hormonal lust.  

She spends her time drifting about the land.  Finding little but forests critters dashing about.  It was tranquil almost.  Perfect to hide a child and herself from prying eyes and whispers.  Something concerns her though.  What if the creatures who had caused it's destruction would return?  Wrecking havoc and destroying her home.  She couldn't have that.  She needed security and the only way to do that was to secure the land for herself.  It takes only a moment to decide what she needed to do.  Travel to the mountain and claim Taiga as her home.

Knowing the direction of the mountain and it's location was not far from here, she set off early one evening.  She wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon with worry plaguing her mind.  The trail up the mountain was daunting and as the sunset it became treacherous.  Breaks in the trail were hard to make out in the dark but she continued on.  Reaching the top of the mountain before long.  

She stood watching for the slightest of movements.  Last time a tree had come to life as one of the fairies so she expects nothing like a normal horse to approach her.  She knows they are near and she wastes no time making known her purpose here. "Fairies, I have come to claim the Taiga for my own.  I helped build it up after you destroyed it.  I planted memorials in it's honor.  I wish for it to be protected and for it to protect me.  No one besides me could do a better job," she says confidently.  There was little to lose in her mind and plenty to gain...
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Wysteria Fairy] @[Kyra]
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    You'd think the fairy shaped from a tree would find a tender place in her heart for the mare that cared so diligently for the forest of Tiaga. You'd think, anyway. It would make sense, after all. Really, it would make sense for her to find a soft spot in her heart simply for a horse that cared in a land so full of greed and selfishness. Too many years had hardened those soft spots though, had taught her that so rarely do they remain selfless for long.

Kolera, it turns out, is no different.

The bay mare makes her way up the Mountain in the evening. Already a dangerous trip, made even more dangerous by the fading light. Wysteria lets the clouds roll in this evening, darkening the sky even more, letting the mare struggle. They were supposed to earn the right to come here, and too many visits did not please the white and purple fairy. "You again," she says before appearing, though after Kolera has said her piece.

Her voice is cold and unimpressed. I come to claim, the mare had said. Demanded even. Certainly not asked. The Mountain was a place for supplication, for asking; not for coming once and then feeling entitled every other time they made the trip. She appears then, materializing in the dark, needed no extra light to be seen. She shines, not only from the color of her coat, but from the inside out. After all, the fairies are no normal horses.

"Remind me, why did we need to destroy the land in the first place? Do you think we enjoy destroying the things we have dedicated our lives to protecting?" Her words remain cold, not quite cruel but bordering on such. She is clearly not pleased. "Taiga is not yours to claim. It is quite good of you to take it upon yourself to nurture it back to life, but isn't that what you enjoy doing? Why should we reward you for doing what you promised us you would do when we granted your first request?"

She pauses for a moment, not because she has any intentions of listening to any argument the mare might make, but allowing the mare room to speak anyway if she feels like wasting her breath. "Next time, perhaps you ought to think before you act. Flesh is fun, but it has repercussions, my dear. Taiga will not be yours nor anyone else's, and for being so very presumptuous, expect a little surprise when your child is born." Something cold and sinuous crawls along Kolera's legs and up toward her belly, magic that cannot be seen. It sinks into her skin and into the child that grows there, twisting the powers he might have had to something his mother will be far less pleased with.

"Go, and should you ever come back here, remember your manners."

@[Kolera] hopefully that works for you! Smile
    Please tag in replies
    Desperation had brought her here the first time, and again desperation brings her back.  Her first visit to the mountain had been pleasant but her intentions then had been to remove death from her heart and replace it with life.  Perhaps the fairies took pity upon her but she would have gone to the ends of the Earth to feel complete.  She had been so lost back then.

Now she returns in emotional panic.  Having reached the end of some rope and knowing not where else to turn.  Levi had wanted freedom and expecting him to want a child was foolish.  That was the least freeing thing in the world.  Her only hope was to hide herself away from the world and what better place to do that than Taiga.  The child and her could remain under the radar for a while at least, so when she arrives here to request the territory to be hers, she doesn't expect to receive the backlash she does...

Again the pale fairy with Wysteria flowered mane and tail appears, but what she sees is not welcoming in the slightest.  Perhaps she had used the wrong tone or choice of words.  The fairy is quick to point out the flaws in her irrational thinking.  All she can do is stare blankly at the winged mare.  A feeling of shame coming across her features as the great fairy talks down to her.  Immediate regret causes a lump to form in her throat that she attempts to swallow.  She shifts uneasily when the fairy finishes and leaves a disgusting taste in her mouth. Her words fumble from her lips, "My child... Wh...what do you mean?  What did you do?  Please, I take it all ba..." Just like that the fairy vanishes into thin air and she is left alone on the mountain top.  Wondering what the fairy had meant by her final words... 
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

Works for me! Thanks Smile