• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Boy of Fire [Any]
    Phoebus

He had left Tephra for an undetermined amount of time. The volcano would always be his home, and it would always have his heart, but he knew he just needed to find something more. He couldn't live his life trapped within the kingdom forever. Papa had always told him about the great adventures he had had before settling down with Mom. He told of beautiful horses, strange places, and great battles. He told Phoebus of the magic Beqanna had to offer, and that while Papa didn't have any of his own, he hoped maybe one day the fairies would grant his son some. 

It would have it that Diable Rouge's dreams for Phoebus would come true after his death. Almost as if by fate, in the middle of the night, the powers of Beqanna granted the young stallion with a permanent reminder of who he was inside.He was now the boy of fire, inside and out. A childhood nickname was now a reality, and his burning armor glowed orange in the darkness of the night. He would not know how to control it for awhile, but that didn't seem to matter now...

He smells of salty sea brine, ash, and sulfur. There is no doubting where the boy of fire had come from as he emerges from Tephra to the field, no doubting that he comes from the volcano, from the heat. A chill autumn breeze catches at his rusty mane, and the young stallion shivers slightly. He isn't used to the cold air of fall, and isn't prepared for the winter that will soon follow. 

He continues through the field, further away from the land he had grown up in. Away from the comfort of Tephra's warmth and humidity. It would have it that "finding yourself" is a little more intimidating than he had previously thought, and as he leaves, he suddenly feels scared

It doesn't stop him. 

Nothing will.

Boy of Fire

Okay so this really fucking sucks but basically the first part is a little backstory and the second is him leaving. I'm horrible at intros so d:
    Tell Me Your Fate

The appaloosa mare was out and about exploring the lands once more, she has still not settled down into a kingdom of her own. Perhaps one day she would accept a recruitment, but for now she remains alone. It would be best she finds a kingdom, she was a young mare, barely a mare, and her ignorance could get her taken advantage of, but she remains trusting of all. As she trails the field she spots a thinner roan equine, his pelt was pretty and it was complemented by the orange, red and brown leaves that the trees carried.

Porcia adjusted her route to the roan, her sleek jet black pelt shined in the lighting. She allowed a whinny to escape her maw, allowing the stranger know her presence. Hello there! she said as her lips curled into a smile My name is Porcia, who are you? she asks stopping a few paces away from the stallion. What brings you out to the field today? she inquired, Porcia was able to pick up the ashy scent that he carried. does he belong to a kingdom? she could not pin point the kingdom as she left her own kingdom when she was just a filly.

Porcia

She spots him from afar, and as she whinnies towards him, Phoebus’ mouth curls into an excited grin. Adventure awaited him, he could feel it. He turned his head towards her voice, giving a low kicker back to her in greeting. Both were young, barely out of their childhood, but both looked as if they needed something more exciting in life.

He moves his long legs towards her. He has grown to around the same height his father had been - in fact, he looks nearly identical to his now-deceased parent. From the slender, yet muscular build of his body to the color of his crimson pelt. The only thing different was the slight dip of his head, which he had inherited from his mother.

”What brings you out to the field today?” She asks when they finally meet.

”I left my home of Tephra to seek adventure. I’m Phoebus!” He is young, and he cannot contain the excitement within him at meeting someone that is not of the volcano. He is so enthusiastic, in fact, that his new armor of fire flares up, glowing a bright, hot shade of orange. He backs away, head down in embarrassment. ”I’m sorry. I can’t control it yet...” He admits.

Solace

The recent flood of diplomats had receded - leaving Hyaline feeling empty. Her country was known across Beqanna by its reputation as a sanctuary, the steady stream of mothers and wanders looking for rest attested to that. But she needed something more, she needed fresh blood, she needed help. 

In the quiet of the morning, Solace had spread her cerulean wings and left the lake and mountains far below her. Rarely did she leave the story-book kingdom, but sometimes it was necessary to leave if only to take the pulse of the real world.

The two youngsters immediately catch her attention. She can hear the cadence of their friendly conversation from the sky, but no distinct words or phrases and she decides to have a closer look. The tall grasses bend low as the gold and alabaster mare uses the air to buffer her landing several paces off from where the two young horses chat. 

A friendly smile softens her young features as she approaches them - it was nice to not have to carry herself with the formality the recent political dealings had required.

"Hello!" she calls, catching herself before she adds, welcome, out of habit - they weren't in her kingdom today. "I'm Solace, from Hyaline. I think I missed the introductions," she laughs as she gives each a quick nod, but something about the young stallion holds her gaze... he is unmistakably familiar.

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Tell Me Your Fate

It was a relief that he appeared to be a kind soul like Porcia was. He introduced himself as phoebus she repeated his name in her head a few times, drilling it to memory. He said he left his home Tephra in search of an adventure Oh! you belonged to a Kingdom she quickly spat out, no sooner than he finished his sentence. She was proceeding to ask another question but he was lit aflame! Her eyes grew wide, at first terrified that he was on fire, what caused it! But than he apologizes to her, stating he cannot control it. Porcias fear than drains from her body, she now stares with interest. She knew equines had powers, but she did not know that they could light themselves on fire Please don't apologize, It does not bother me. she says with a warm smile on her maw.

Before she could say another word, another equine dropped themselves down from the sky. She was pretty, almost a pure white with a splash of buckskin here and there. The strange mare introduced herself as Solace, she was from Hyaline. Porcia gives a small bow of her head to the mare My name is Porcia  she introduces herself, she gently flicks her tail and moves her head to gaze upon Phoebus and then settling back upon the mare. This is Phoebus, what brings you.....down? she says as she looks to the sky in which the mare descended from. 

Porcia

@[Phoebus] @[Solace]
    ”I’m Solace, from Hyaline...” He is hardly listening, the girls’ talking because a mumble.

Solace.

Where had he heard that before?

He furrows his brow, looking deep into the confines of his own mind, searching for an answer.

Solace...Solace...

His body becomes aflame as his frustration grows. He knows he’s head that name before, but from where?

”Solace is the closest thing you have to a sister, Phoebus. She was born here in Tephra, but left for Hyaline shortly before you were born. She’s their queen.” The flames settle and his blue eyes grow wide as he looks up to the buckskin mare.

”I’m...Phoebus, like Porcia...said.” He stumbles. ”I come from Tephra.” He emphasizes, hoping maybe she would find some familiarity in him as well.

@[Solace] @[Porcia]

Solace

With a rustling of feathers, Solace adjusts her wings, tucking them out of the way for now. Her gaze is drawn back to the mare as she introduces herself and her companion, then presents a question. The young queen thinks for a moment, unsure if they would like to hear her blunt answer or polite answer - she had done very little recruiting. 

But then the colt is introducing himself and recognition dawns on her. The flames had at first thrown her off, leading her to believe he was from Tephra's previous ruling family. But now as she looks past the shimmer of heat, his coloring, voice, and even certain details of his build make it obvious that he was related to Rou.
    A child most likely, her thoughts suggest. 

How time has flown.

Her smile widens "Honestly, I came to the field looking for recruits for our sanctuary kingdom in the mountains. But we welcome all types - warriors, wanderers, and those just wishing for a beautiful place to call home," she addresses them both before turning again to Pheobus "I knew your father well in years past, it would be an honor to show you Hyaline anytime."

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Tell Me Your Fate

The ebony spotted mares gazed turned from Solace to Phoebus who seemed very curious of the winged mare. His body was engulfed in flames once again before he spoke, introducing himself and noting his last home. Flicking her gaze back to Solace who said she was here to recruit them, but she noted that she knew Phoebus father. She was curious about there connection, hopeful that if the firey stallion would take her up on the offer he would be at peace with his decision.

For Porcia, she was not srue Hyaline was the kingdom for her, perhaps this was the best time to leave. She turned her gaze to Phoebus and smiled It was so nice to meet you Phoebus, I am not ready to settle into a kingdom. her gaze flicked to Solace resting back on Phoebus I truly hope I will get to see you again. Her smile grew wider, she dipped her head to him, and once again for Solace It was nice to meet you as well Solace with that she shifted from the pair and went off once again.

Porcia

@[Phoebus] @[Solace]