• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Kolera

She had avoided being around Kolera for more than one reason.

Ever since she had stumbled upon a rather unpleasant sight in Taiga she hadn’t known how to face the other mare. Even though Amorette had not liked Karaugh at all, it had still shocked her to see the mare death. It had not been what she had wished for the vampyric woman – her soul too gentle for such thing. Karaugh’s death is also the first she had been confronted with eye to eye. Oh yes, Amore knows of death, but seeing is so different from knowing.

How could she ever tells Kolera – and Kryptic – that their mother was dead? She sure as hell wouldn’t want to show them where, because god knows it is not a pretty sight. Amore doesn’t know what had happened, but time and scavengers didn’t make it any better.

But that’s not all. Amorette had thought that her one night of affections, one night of passion running wild, had been an unique experience to her only. The nagging voice in her head never let her forget about what hé had done with Karaugh, and how they had both enjoyed it, but Amore stubbornly kept telling herself that it had been different with Karaugh. With Kolera not so much. And it hurts.

Not that the bay mare is to blame. Amore only had herself to blame, well and perhaps curse Levi under her breath too. She doesn’t know how she could’ve been so blind, but then again, she had been too naïve all her life.

She has managed to tell herself that Kolera is not to blame, and that she has the right to know about her mother. Though their relation wasn’t all that well, far as Amorette knows, Karaugh still was Kolera’s mother. And thus the ebony woman had set out to search for Kolera, dark eyes scanning Tephra’s land as she crosses its meadow.

”Kolera?!” First break the news to Kolera. Then they had to decide how to tell Kryptic together.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

@[Neo]
    Passion is fleeting, just as are her movements across the terrain.  They had parted ways sometime after euphoria, her and Levi.  There was no destination in her mind but finding Kryptic was at the fore front of her thoughts.  That is until her name is casted into the wind.

Her pace slows to a halt as her ears twist about.  Sienna eyes scan the direction in which it came and quickly find the dark mare.  A familiar face on more than one occasion.  A smile is brought to surface as she answers, "Amorette! It's good to see you.  How have you been?" There is only a hint of worry on the mares face that causes slight concern to befall her own features, "Is something wrong? Where is Kryptic?" Her eyes shift to the kingdom around them frantically.
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

@[Amorette] sorry it's short :\

She is lucky to not have to look long before she stumbles upon the bay mare. It takes some effort, but Amorette is able to bite back the scowl upon her features. Kolera still carries Levi’s scent with her. The ebony mare tells herself to breath, and offers the sister of the boy she had raised a smile. Kolera, she tells herself, is not the one to blame. And Amore owes her more than she liked to admit. ”Hello Kolera” she greets the bay back, with a small nod to say she’s well, her voice she didn’t trust.

Kolera’s sudden panic catches the ebony mare by surprise, but Amorette is quick to shake her head. ”Oh no, I’m sorry if I gave you that idea” she replies, the expression upon her face apologetic, that she manages. ”But I do need to tell you something..” She doesn’t hide the darkness from her voice, nor the fact that she is about the bring bad news. Someone had to, and since Amorette had stumbled upon Karaugh herself, she should tell Kolera by herself.

”I went to Taiga not too long again, and I should’ve come to visit you sooner..” That she hadn’t been able to get herself to do so because of Levi’s multiple romances she doesn’t stay. A deep breath, and, although she wants to look away, Amore forces herself to meet Kolera’s gaze. ”I’m sorry, Kolera. I don’t know how to bring this gently, but your mother is dead..” Her own throat it suddenly thick with emotion. Though she hadn’t cared for Karaugh – not after the little trick the vampyric mare had played on her – it had still done something to her to find the once proud and strong mare.

Amorette

@[Neo]
    Worry has stricken the dark mares features and her own heart begins to race in anticipation.  A gentle sigh of relief is given when Amorette eases her immediate concern that something had happened to her brother.  Ebony ears twist upon her crown as her friend remains disheartened.  A brow cocks as she wonders out loud, "What's wrong Amorette? Just tell me.  It can't be so horrible." There is almost a softening of her gaze to hopefully relieve some of the mares tensions.

Listening attentively, she allows the mare to speak of visiting Taiga.  Slight confusion forms on her features as to where this story was going.  If it had to do with Levi and some fling, she could honestly care less.  Her weight shifts slightly as the mare fights her thoughts.  

When finally her information is spilled, she can't help but be stunned by the news.  Questions of when, why and how flood her every brain wave.  A brow furrows in deep thought before her vision returns and she finds Amorette grief stricken.  Her features soften as she looks to her concerned friend.  "Thank you for telling me Amorette.  That couldn't have been easy to do..." She pauses briefly as she looks to the mainlands, "Maybe I should travel to Taiga.  Clear my mind and stuff.  Would you keep an eye on Kryptic?  I'm sure he's practicing flying like usual." Her kind words are followed by a soft smile.  

Ever since her run in with Levi in the jungle, she felt different.  Maybe this trip is just what she needed right now...
    Kolera

@[Amorette]

She is torn between relief and guilt. Relief that Kolera seems to read her emotions as only caused by the bad news she is bringing, but also guilt that she keeps a part of the truth to herself. Amorette tells herself over and over again that Kolera had no part in this, and that even Levi isn’t the one to blame, but knowing the fault is entirely yours is still something very different from being able to act upon it. The ebony woman had never found herself facing such a conflict before, and she cannot say she doesn’t struggle with it.

However, the grief is genuine. Just as the sympathy she feels for the bay mare. Amorette knows what it is like to lose a mother. She had lost her own somewhere during the Reckoning, and although Amore doesn’t know if Minette is alive or not, she still counts as lost. No petty feeling. Just like her Kolera doesn’t have a chance to say goodbye, but neither can she carry hope to ever see her again.

”I’m sorry, Kolera..” she offers softly, not really knowing how to offer her condolences in another way. She smiles sadly, accepting the thankful words, but not replying to them. Her grief is not important, nor worth mentioning right now. ”It’s no pretty sight.. And, I haven’t told you all. I met this, stranger, he told me that you and Kryptic have another sister..” Of whom the sire is unknown, and yet, Amorette cannot help but to still fear it is Levi’s.

Another smile and nod. ”Of course I will.” I always will. It might not be official, but Amorette cares for Kryptic as her own son. One now old enough to not need someone watching over him during all the hours of the day, but still young enough to need parental influence. Or so Amore hopes.

Amorette

@[Neo]
    Her mind was wandering to the redwood forests as Amorette began to speak once again.  As if hearing her mothers death wasn't enough, now they had a sibling as well.  Kolera uses this as confirmation that her mother had died in childbirth.  It would remain unknown to her exactly why, and she didn't wish for the details.

Sienna eyes find the edge of the channel in the distance.  Just when she had gotten comfortable on this side of the waters something always managed to send her away.  A kind smile on her lips conceal the truest reason of her concern.  Each day after her meeting with Levi left her with a nawing suspicion that she would carry his child.  Her fear is that he did not wish to be tied down to raise the foal and she wasn't about to burden him with it.  Maybe leaving was best.

With a turn of her head back to the mare she breaks the stale silence, "Thank you for telling me Amorette.  You've been a true friend." Upon hearing that Kryptic would remain carefree she turns to head out.  A final request leaves her lips, "Please don't tell anyone where I have gone.  Not Kryptic or even Levi.  I'll be back, I promise." Eventually she wants to say.  After the foal is born and she secures a home for them, she would return for Kryptic...
    Kolera

@[Amorette]

”I won’t tell them” she replies softly. It is an easy promise to make. And it would, hopefully, give her time to deal with these feelings that stand as a barrier between her and Kolera. Though she could just as well have said the barrier is Levi himself. ”But I will tell Krytpic about his mother. I don’t want to lies to stand between us..” Or him accusing her for keeping the truth from him. He’s old enough to not be spared such information.

If Amorette would only know what exactly was on Kolera’s mind, she surely wouldn’t be friendly with the bay mare now. Yes, there are unpleasantries that keep her mind partially occupied, but it does not make her intentions any less genuine. Just like their friendship – if you could call it that – is genuine.

But Kryptic, well, she considered him as one of her own. Loved him as such and raised him as such. She never laid the claim upon him, always having left him free to choose for himself. Even till today Amorette still watches him from afar, makes sure his is doing well and kept from harm. ”I will always look after him. You don’t have to worry about that.” And she means it. He might not be her son by blood, but she definitely cares for him as a mother.

”Make sure you’re well too?” she offers, a slight frown between her brows. She does not try to stop Kolera from leaving, but neither does the idea make her feel comfortable. Not after what she’d witnessed in Taiga.

Amorette