• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Mura, any

It is not as if she is trying to flourish Warrick, neither is her intention to convey such message. But Amorette is just naturally fond of her friend and doesn’t intent to hide it. She simply believes in Warrick, as both her friend and king, and the direction he has given Tephra.

But enough of that now, or else her new friend would think her in love with Warrick. She does love him, as a friend. Like she perhaps would one day grow to love Mura too. Amore’s heart is big enough for all. She lightly chuckles at the pale blue mare’s words, and nods. “I’ll make sure to remember that.”

Amorette studies Tephra’s newest resident while she moves from the water. The droplets make her pale blue coat shine, or is it the light that is mirrored in them? They roll down her sides, drip down to the ground from her wings. For a moment Amorette wonders what it would be like to see the world from high in the sky, soaring the sky, free like the wind. ”What’s it like to fly?” The question breaks free from her lips, before the ebony mare even realises that she had been about to ask it. Surprised by herself, she offers Mura an apologetic smile, and a shrug of her shoulders, as she follows her example and wades to the shore.

Not too unsurprisingly Mura starts to ask questions about the Reckoning. It tells Amore that she hadn’t been around when it happened, nor has she socialized enough to hear of it. ”Beqanna used to be different, and when the change happened, I got stuck in some magical time rift..” she starts off, shaking the water of her body absent-mindedly. ”During the time I was, lost, my father helped build Tephra. When I was freed and found him he was her only ruler.”

She offers Mura a smile, shaking her head as to say she doesn’t mind. Amore doesn’t, and Mura is free to ask any and all question she has. After all, Amorette herself didn’t bomb her with one of her own not too long ago. ”When my father stepped down, I only just joined Tephra, and neither did –or do – I have the desire to rule. I was fresh out of childhood back then.” All truths.

But now Mura mentions it Amore realises that such thing has never happened in Tephra. “I don’t think Tephra’s throne has ever been passed down from parent to child..” she says, turning back so her dark gaze meets Mura’s. Another light shrug of her shoulders and a small smile. “Don’t ask me why, I wouldn’t know the answer.”

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

@[Mura]
    No worries love! I hate it when it happens, it's sooo demotivating!
    Mura

The blue mare gives a chuckle to her friend noting her whereabouts at the pond. She gazes over the horizon. Finally a place to call home, she was usually filled with anxiety, anger and sometimes even fear. But she decided to trust Amorette even though her body was against it, she can finally feel joy. She is growing fond of this Kingdom fairly fast and she is growing an attachment to it. She is eager to meet the other members in the kingdom but for that she will have to wait.

Her attention flickers to Amorette when she asks what its like to fly, the biggest smile tugs are her lips. It is indescribable. She gazes back at her wings, stretching them out and flapping them a few times before resting them once more It is peaceful in the sky, if you do not want to be found I can just fly. I can be free in the sky, I have very rarely ran into another winged horse. she reminisces on her own memory's, she has spent plenty of time in the sky running from her own angst.

She flickers her attention back to Amorette as she talks about the change that Beqanna went under and she nods along. She lost her father, that made sense, a lot of equines were split up and to this day have not found each other. Beqanna was such a large land, many equines left Beqanna all together when the land shifted, and others gave up and settled into new Kingdoms. How could a foal find there way back to a home that no longer existed. I'm sorry you two got split up, I was here for the land shifting that is about the time I left Beqanna. she shared few details of her own life. When beqanna shifted she left, it was easier the equine went crazy, expecting you to either help them, or be attacked. It was a dangerous time while everyone figured everything out. There was power hungry equines, eager to rule the new found Kingdoms, something she did not want to be apart of. She slipped into hiding and only just recently returned while it was safe.

Her ebony friend continued her story, that she found her father again but when he stepped down from the Kingdom. She also explained that the foal of the leader is not mandatory to take over the Kingdom. Thats interesting, I guess every kingdom has its ways. she laughed gently Well I am glad that you two found each other again. She spoke to try and break the awkwardness she created. She would not want to share her history so why did she bother Amorette asking for hers?

The conversation fell silent when Mura got to thinking. She had more than wings, she had a hidden power that no one knew about. She trusted Amorette......she really trusted her... Can you keep a secret? She looks at the ebony mare before fixing her attention on the water that stood between them. She gently fluttered her eyes up and the water followed, a line of it stood up. Mura gently moves her head back and forth and the water follows, gently swaying from left to right. She settles her head and flicks her eyes down and the water aggressively rushes back to the pond. I can move things with my mind.... She mutters avoiding contact with her, she hoped that she would not find her

A Gentle Flutter

@[Amorette]

When Mura tells her what it is like to fly, Amore silently listens to what she has to say. Her darks lips have curled up into a smile and her eyes twinkle in delight. Oh, how much she would give to experience what it is like, even just once. It is not hard to imagine how amazing it would be, and yet, at the same time, it’s far beyond what Amorette can grasp. ”I wish I could be free like that for once.”

How easy would it be to just run and hide from everyone and everything? Only a few would be able to follow her, and of those, Amore is sure they would’ve respected her desire to be alone.

She is aware that she has Mura’s attention, but she soon discovers that the pale blue mare has experienced it too. The few words tell her more about the mare’s past than she had let go until now. Not that Amore wants to pry, Mura has the right to keep it to herself if she wished so, but it makes it easier for her to talk about the old Beqanna and the Reckoning. Knowing of it and having experienced it are two very different things.

”Thank you, but it’s okay. We found one another again. I hope your family and friends safely made it through the Reckoning too.” Amorette leaves it at that, Mura wouldn’t need to say more, unless she desired to. To make sure she knows, the ebony mare offers her a drop of the head, and a smile. And another, to express that she can only agree, having found Magnus helped Amore settle into his new world.

She has never said that she is not a curious creature. Mura’s words effectively make her look up, both ears pinned forward as her head slightly tilts. ”A secret? Well of course!” she tells her friend and Tephra’s newest resident. From looking at Mura, it must be a good secret, if not she wouldn’t have looked this excited. A darker secret would’ve shown on her features.

Amorette does not have time to ponder over it. It takes her a few moments to realise that the water has left the surface of the pond, and was now floating, floating, in the air. The little show has Amore looking up, ears pointed and expression quite amazed. It is not until Mura speaks that she is able to tear her gaze away from the pond’s surface. ”That” she starts of, grinning at her new friend with a childlike wide smile. ”Was amazing!”

”What more can you do?”

Amorette

Mura

She glances every now and then at Amorette as they talked about flying, it seemed to be an interesting topic to both. Amorette appeared to be in awe of the topic, and rightfully so. Flying is an experience you can not understand unless you have wings for yourself. She wishes she could fly her up, in the sky, but alas that was not a talent she had.

The topic is shifted to the land shifting in Beqanna, she notes that she hopes family and friends made out alright during it. She gave a small dip of her head I am sure they did she was quick to end the conversation. A family she never knew, one who abandoned her at birth, and friends she never had. She had been alone her whole life up until she met Amorette. She conversed with a few strangers here and there but none that brought her back to her kingdom. But that is a boring story, and surely her new found friend did not care to hear about her pitiful life thus far.

The ebony mare promised to keep her secret, her life long secret of telekinesis. There are plenty of equines in beqanna who have magical powers of all strings. There are equines in beqanna of all colors and some who can shift out of an equine body. But she has never shown a soul her telekinesis, surely the faeries of beqanna have probably caught her but they do not mind the powers.

She made the water dance and her eyes stayed at the floor, her heartbeat was running rapid. She feared exclusion after Amorette discovered her trait, but alas her friend spoke that was awesome! she exclaimed. Muras eyes shot up to find the ebony mares gaze, her lips carried a large smile, a smile that was contagious. She was relieved that Amorette did not find her telekinesis odd, in fact she asked if Mura could do anything else!

Excited to show her, her other trait she gave a nod of her head actually yes! Her smile remains and she stretches out her wings and imagines the scaly ice blue dragon wings, she flutters her wings a couple times and just like that her Pegasus wings morph into dragons wings. I can make my wings into any form I desire she smiles, stretching out her dragon wings, this time she imagines the gentle butterfly wings and with a flew flaps the scales are gone and the beautiful butterfly wings are sitting on her back. She walks in a circle so her ebony friend can see the wings in all angles before fluttering once more returning to her regular Pegasus state. She smiled happy to have found someone she could show her traits Have you any powers? she asks curious if Amorette is hiding her own secrets.

A Gentle Flutter

@[Amorette]

She does not push the topic through. Mura has been there, she knows what it had been like, and perhaps also knew how hard it was to lose your loved ones. If she doesn’t want to talk about it, it is her good right.

And who were they kidding? They switched the subject of the Reckoning for something far more interesting and definitely much cooler. There are delighted twinkles in Amorette’s dark eyes, and just like Mura’s heartbeat, Amore’s speeds up too. Her eyes move rapidly, following the now floating droplets of water. What magic is this? It ends way too quickly for her liking.

When she asked Mura what else she can do, Amorette had referred to what else was possible with telekinesis. Think how far she could mentally reach, and how big the objects were that she could lift. Or perhaps the pale blue mare could only lift fluids, like the water from just now?

But instead of that all, Mura shows a whole different trick. Amorette’s eyes widen and  her lips part in a surprised silent gasp. Instead of graceful feathers, the pale blue woman now supports a pair of impressive dragon wings. Her dark eyes move to meet Mura’s for a short moment, a smile stretching on her lips, before she steps forward. Ever so slowly Amore reaches out to let her muzzle lightly brush across the membrane, but only if Mura allows it.

”They’re beautiful!” the ebony mare says, smiling widely at her new friend. A shake of her head sends her still wet mane into the air, droplets around them, but it does not bother her. Amore barely even notices it. But it is Mura’s question that makes her really smile. ”The goddess’ has given me a gift, one that benefits all.” Or so Amorette likes to believe. ”I can heal, through fire.”

It had not always been like that. Amorette was born perfectly normal, just a plain smoky black filly. During the Reckoning she had been just like that too, just Amorette. ”It’s been a little over a year since I first discovered my ability, but I’ve learned to control it.” Her first healing had been completely unintended and surprised both herself ánd her patient.

Amorette