• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Mura, any

Tephra is not just any kingdom, she is a sanctuary. A home, for whoever needs a home. The home of the homeless, the home of the outcasts, but together they were a family. And no, that didn’t mean one had to like everybody or that you knew everybody well, but there was some kind of bond and respect between them. It is the home Amorette wants to build, and it’s Warricks lead she supports.

But of course, she wouldn’t tell Mura that all yet. Somethings the pale blue mare would have to discover for herself, though Amore would most likely answer when asked. ”It’s not far now, you see that high peak? Not a mountain, but our volcano” she tells Mura, gesturing towards the peak with her head, as they cross the field.

From there it doesn’t take them long to actually reach Tephra’s border. The smell of fire and ash is subtle, but no mistakenly there. To Amorette it is the smell of her home, one that warmly welcomes her back. The ebony mare doesn’t stop at the border, but instead guides Mura further in. Glancing sideways she offers the mare a smile, one that shows in her eyes too. ”Welcome to Tephra, Mura.”

She doesn’t linger long, calmly guiding the pale blue mare across the lush green fields. Even in autumn the grass is still green and fresh, and the trees show no signs of falling leaves. The summer is ever present in the volcanic land, but never had Amore find the heath unbearable. ”Tephra has many wide spread meadows like this, and quite a few streams to water the land. At the base of the volcano lies a heated pond, ever tried such thing?” It was a good way to sooth sore muscles, and even without those pleasantly relaxing.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

@[Nicole]
    <3
    A Gentle Flutter
    They traveled for what felt like forever, it was a rather silent travel. Silence was fine, Mura did not mind it, she occupied herself, she used her mind to move things. She would throw a flower around that seem misplaced, and helped a few leaves drop to the ground. It was a talent she held but no one knew about, she was careful to make sure it was natural and hoped Amorette did not notice.

She was ready to move the ebony mares tail but the silence was broken, Amorette noted that the peak in the distance was Tephra. The icy blue mare gazed upon the grey pillar, a small smirk grew upon her face. This was an interesting kingdom already, perhaps she would get used to it after all. Fascinating was the only response she could muster up.

The ashy scent grew stronger, and the land appeared to be darker, she knew that they were almost there. It was then that Amorette announce the arrival, Welcome to Tephra. Mura smiled as she scanned the horizon, a home she could finally call her own. She could even have fun with her talent in this scenario, she turned to Amorette and gave a small dip of her head thank you Amorette, I look forward to my time here. Mura smiled, grateful for the mare who welcomed her into her home. A friend? Is it possible for Mura to have such a thing?

The temperature here was much warmer than it was in the forest, but this was alright. Mura never was one for the cold, even though her belt blended in the best with the winter scenery. Amorette spoke up once again, distracting mura from her thoughts. The ebony mare spoke of a heated pond, inquiring if Mura had ever been. She gave a confused glance to the mare I have never heard of such a thing, perhaps you could bring me one day? Is this how friendships work? Going places together? Shit, Mura was trying her hardest here. How many others reside here? The question that was heavy on her mind, how many other would she meet? How many others would she have to hide her secrets from.

Mura

@[Amorette] trying to get her telekinesis out there :p

She is oblivious to Mura’s magic. She’d been more than once told she is too trusting, too naïve, but somehow Amorette cannot make it part of her daily routine. A shame though, because powers like Mura’s are beautiful. So many things one could do; make the flowers dance in the sky or create a show with droplets. But Amore wouldn’t know Mura was capable of such things until the pale blue mare would either tell or show her.

For now she takes enough in seeing a smile on Mura’s lips. It enjoys her to see that the pale blue mare seems to like what she sees, and she confirms it through words. Amorette is practically beaming. ”You’re free to stay as long as you like, you can leave anytime you want.” Her smile falters when she speaks those words. Amore doesn’t want Mura to leave, but she knows she couldn’t stop her from leaving if that was what the blue woman desired. Blame the hormones. This pregnancy was doing strange things to her, things she cannot explain, but wouldn’t question either. ”But, if you like, Tephra can be your home too.”

Amorette wouldn’t press the matter anymore than that. She would answer any and all questions Mura had, but the choice was for the pale blue mare alone to make. In the meantime she could show her around. ”We can go now?” she offers, tearing her longing gaze away from the volcano in favour of looking at the mare beside her. ”I promise it is nothing but relaxing.” Amore kind of longed for her own muscles to soak.

”Give or take fifteen adults, and about half that amount of children. There are also quite a few on their way too.” Children, she meant, as the one she is carrying herself. The thought brings up the bitter memory of it not being Levi’s only child. It just felt wrong, it was wrong. How could she have been so stupid and blind?

Amorette

A Gentle Flutter
    The ebony mare announced that Mura could stay as long as she wanted, or she could leave as soon as she pleased. It was assuring to know she was not a captive in the land, free to do as she desired. For now she planned on staying here, she would feel out the kingdom life, decide if this is what she wanted for sure. She gave a nod in response to Amorette.

The conversation quickly adjusted back to the heated pond, Amorette said they could go now. The blue mare looked around before finding her ebony friends gaze Sure, if you dont mind a smile grew upon her maw. Amorette said it would be relaxing, that is surely something Mura can go for, she hadn't had much relaxation living out on her own. Always on edge for her own safety, another reason that Tephra is sounding like a good idea. While she awaited Amorette to lead the mare her gaze drifted off to a nearby tree, her eyes focused in on a cluster of leaves, she quickly flung her eyes to the floor and the leaves followed. Her smile grew larger, lingering back to the ebony mare curious if she would note the rustling around them.

Amorette was quick to change the subject, answering Muras question. Fifteen horses and half that in foals! What in the world, that was a lot more horses than she expected, and even more foals than expected. Perhaps it is because Mura has never found love as they call it, but she was simply annoyed by foals, she did not have the patience for them. Mura would surely avoid all the foals, at all cost. She scanned the horizon, curious if she would see another equine that she spoke of, but her own thoughts were distracted when she heard put two and two together, she adjusted her gaze onto the ebony mares stomach. She didnt appear pregnant, was she talking about herself? Good thing Mura didn't make a comment about the annoying twerps Oh, thats a lot, who is having foals? she cleverly input the question. Leaving it up to the ebony mare to answer, it was that time of the year, all the mares were finding themselves pregnant. Hey, who runs this kingdom anyway? she was curious who she would bow down to now, who was her Majesty, as they say.

Mura

@[Amorette]

Of course Amorette wants Mura to stay, and not because she selfishly wants to recruit. Tephra doesn’t work that way, instead she opens her border too all those in need of a home. Nobody would be forced to stay, and most would be welcome. Mura is one of them. Even if the pale blue mare decided to not stay, Amore at least had been able to share the wonders of her home with another, even if it would only be for a short time.

”I don’t,” she is quick to tell Mura, a smile tugging at her lips. ”This way then, please.” It is not in her nature to not be polite, and just ‘this way’ would sound too commanding for her own liking. Amorette guides the pale blue mare to the left of the volcano, where the pond lies close at its base.

She lightly chuckles at Mura’s expression, offering a half amused, half apologetic smile right after. ”It sounds more than it actually is. Some are officially members, but have been roaming around a lot lately, and there are others that keep to themselves instead of mingling with kingdom business. You can be whoever you want to be, nobody will force you.” She explains as they walk side by side, hopefully it would help a little. Amore herself is more than happy to contribute to her home, willingly to share her home.

”As for the coming foals, quite few. The Overseer and Tangerine are expecting, and one of my.. friends, Levi, will be welcoming two to his family” she replies, those are the ones she knows of, while she effectively brushes the question away from herself. Amorette cannot say she regrets it, but her own pregnancy is a sore spot she does not like to bring up. In fact, she had gone to the forest to forget about what happened in the first place.

Luckily Mura offers her the distraction. Also, the pond is not far away anymore, Amore can  already see the inviting water ahead. ”Our leader, we call him Overseer, is Warrick. He’s a fair king, one of my closest friends really.” Her words are true. Though they recently had their struggles, the bay and navy stallion is still a friend she cares for deeply, and for who she would go to the worlds end if needed.

Their conversation lasted long enough to give them time to reach the pond. Amorette does not hesitate and wades down, until her belly is just a little into the water. With a smile she turns back to Mura, both her dark ears perking forward. ”The water is lovely, come, try it yourself” she invites Mura. Her dark eyes watch her with great interest, curious to see the reaction displayed on the mares face upon stepping into the warmed pool.

Amorette

A Gentle Flutter
    The midnight black mare agreed to show Mura the heated pond, the blue mare followed. She was filled with excitement, something she had never experienced before, but she made sure to appear faintly interested on the outside.

As they made the trip to the pond Amorette explained to Mura about the other equines that lived in the Kingdom, she assured her it sounded like more than it truly was. Mura did not truly mind, more equine meant more of a chance to make a friend, she was excited to meet the others. At the same time she was full of anxiety, it was hard for Mura to be nice, and it was even harder for her to make friends. Amorette was the closest she had to a friend, and they had only just met. She gave a nod to the mares comments that is nice, sounds like a decent enough kingdom. truly unaware that Kingdoms were run like this.

Amorette then went on to cover the pregnant topic, she said the overseerer and tangerine were expecting. She tilted her head in confusion Who are they? odd names for sure. She then continued to say her friend Levi Levi she said to herself, the name sounded familiar but she could not put a face to the name. The conversation ended and the ebony mare did not announce a pregnancy of her own, Mura decided to drop it. Perhaps she misread the previous comments, perhaps she was not pregnant. And if she was, everyone would know soon enough.

Her eyes lit up with joy as the pond was within view, she wanted to bolt out and rush to it, but remained a few paces behind Amore. Her friend went on to announce that the overseerer was there king, also known as Warrick. Mura gave a nod He sounds nice, I would love to meet him myself she surely would need to see who her King was, the equine she should be trusting and defending with her life.

She watched as her friend entered the pond, and Mura was not far behind. The water came up to the bottom of her shoulder blade, it was so warm. She was instantly set into a relaxing mood, her body was relieved of all stressors she had felt. Her eyes closed and her ears perked off to Amore. This is fantastic, I can't believe you all have this little gem her tone fluttered joy. I think I will grow very happy in this Kingdom.

Mura

@[Amorette]
    OOC: Sorry slow reply.

Oh right, of course Mura doesn’t know their names. But, hadn’t she asked for who were expecting herself? Amorette realises that the pale blue mare had only been politely interested, which wasn’t too surprising even. The ebony woman would want to know about those things if she was thinking of living somewhere or not.

”He is nice, and a good leader if I may say so. I’m sure he will show up sooner or later. Not to scare strangers away, but because he is interested in those who wander in Tephra.” At the same time he trusts his habitants, which left no need for him to question everybody. And if not, Amore would have to have a talk with him about it. Because how could Tephra be a sanctuary if those who found it in need, would be scared away by an grumpy ruler?

With the warm water up to their bellies Amorette turns to look at Mura with a smile. ”Warrick is also one of the parents to be. He and his partner Trangerine will be welcoming a new child into their family this spring. As for Levi, you’ll recognize him right away. He fits very much into this volcanic land, as his mane and tail are flames.” And Amore doesn’t mean figuratively, but literally. Something Mura would probably find out herself sooner or later.

A warm chuckle leaves her dark lips and the ebony woman finds herself nodding. The pond is amazing, no matter how often you would take a dip. A few more steps and the short mare enjoys the feeling of the water across her back. ”The volcano offers even more surprises” she tells with a wink, then dipping her lips to the surface. She doesn’t get a chance to dip her head under, Mura’s words being much more interesting. ”So, does that mean you’re willing to stay?” Amorette cannot hide the wide smile that stretches on her lips.

Amorette

A Gentle Flutter
    The blue mare listens as Amorette talks, she notes that Warrick is a great leader and should appear in the near future. A smile tugs on her lips, she gave a gentle nod of her head That is a could trait of a leader, knowing those who live in his kingdom. If a leader is to expect others to listen to there demands they should at least know who is living amongst them. Her friend talks so highly of the King, he has high standards to live up to.

She moves forward a small bit, the water is now covering her back, I could stay in here all day, but i would probably turn into a fish. she laughed gently before quieting to let Amorette speak again. This time she announces that Warrick is one of the expecting parents, she listens with curiosity. If it is a colt it would be lined up to take over the Kingdom, if that is how this kingdom ruled. An interesting time, surely the Kingdom was as curious of the unborn foal as the parents were. Amore continues on to talk about Levi, a stallion who has a fire mane and tail. Her eyes grew wide and her ears pinned, she opened her mouth but instead relaxed her body. Surely it could not be the rude stallion that she had met in the forest. The kings foal will be interesting in the Kingdom, as much as I am not a fan of foals, I look forward to seeing them. far far away from her of course, she never really knew how to act around foals.

Her ebony friend moved further into the water as well, she talks wondrously about the land again before asking if Mura will stay. She gave a laugh followed by a nod Yes, I think I will stay. she extends her neck out to nuzzle the mares neck Thank you for bringing me here. She scanned the area before turning back, setting her gaze on Amore How long have you lived here? she asks out of curiosity.

Mura

@[Amorette]

”I can only agree” she replies with a smile, lightly nodding her head in approval. ”He doesn’t just know all, but he is interested too. But that is something you’ll have to experience for yourself” she adds lightly and with a wink. It would not at all surprise Amorette if the bay and navy king would pop up here and now to meet Mura.

Amorette has yet to meet someone that does not like Tephra’s hot spring. Not that she can imagine anybody not liking it, the warm water simply felt amazing and helped to sooth sore muscles and other unpleasantries. ”I don’t think being in the water all day will do you any good, yes” she chuckles, Mura’s laugher being very contagious. ”But once very few days, that should not be a problem at all.”

Warrick has more children, but nevertheless, the birth of a child into a family is always a joyous event. Amore hopes that her own experience wouldn’t be different, but only time would tell. At least she knows she has Warrick’s support, and perhaps Krytpic will be interested in her little one as well. And Levi, well, he’s the big gamble in the whole situation. ”I do too” she agrees with a small nod, looking forward to them, because Amorette did love children.

The ebony mare offers Tephra’s newest habitant a smile, one that grows wider with each second that passes by. ”That’s amazing! And it’s my pleasure” she offers, bending her own neck in favour of nuzzling Mura’s white crest. What could she say? Amore was a big fan of physical contact.

How long had she lived in Tephra? Quite a while, though she had gotten stuck between time rifts too, which has her guessing the exact amount of time. ”I think it has been five years? Back then my father ruled Tephra, but I was here under Lucrezia’s, Offsprings’ and Ellyse’s rule too. Now, with Warrick as our Overseer, I think Tephra will walk the right path.” A sanctuary, like her father had long ago envisioned, like the Heaven’s Gates had been. The home Amore felt she belonged too.

Amorette

Mura
    Amorette continues to praise Warrick, she listens happy to know that there leader is willing to get to know its followers. Not all leaders take the time to meet there followers, it is easy to put on a face and pretend but it sounds like this Warrick actually takes the time out of his day to know those in his Kingdom. He sounds lovely, I cannot wait to meet him for myself. she says with a small smile on her maw.

The conversation shifts back to the pond, a wonderful secret that Mura did not know existed. It was so wonderful to relax her body in the springs, the heat alone was relaxing but to have the water gently swaying back and forth reminding her of her whereabouts. If you ever need me, make sure to check this place first she laughs jokingly.

They briefly discuss the foals again and mura just offers a smile to the conversation. Amorette was pleased that Mura was staying, perhaps pleased with herself for succesfully recruiting another. But she then did something that threw off Mura, she nuzzled her. Was it really odd when Mura offered first? She was just so used to being alone she did not expect anything in return. In fact that was probably the first contact she has had since she was a foal and the faeries would play with her. She just smiled and gently nickered she moves out of the water finally having enough, she shakes her body ridding it of the water that dripped down. She stretches out her wings flapping them a few times before gently resting them against her side once again.

She listens from the lip of the pond as Amorette talks about her father and how he once ruled the Kingdom. She tilted her head to the right in confusion Why where you not here when you father ruled the kingdom? And why was the rule not passed on to you? she asked out of curiosity, she had not known a kingdom to not pass on the rule to there blood. You don't have to answer if you don't want to she follows up, realizing perhaps it was to intruding of a question to ask her new friend.

A Gentle Flutter

@[Amorette] OOC: sorry it took so long! I wrote a reply yesterday and my computer shut down for an update and I got to annoyed :p