• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    ;)
    Smoke on his tongue, an apology too: doesn't he know I kissed cigarettes before any man?
    Amber liquid swirling in a glass. Don't ask me to name it.
    My only comfort is that, in the depths of things, I'll be just another trinket on his shelf of nostalgic play-things,
    Cast aside when my cries stop being cute and start being pitiful.
    And ah, the oaken shelf does creak: weighted down by its many toys, all of us crying, all of us pitiful.
    Smooth sailing for all of us, eh ladies? Nothing like that slap to the face to remind us of our places. Yeah. Very reassuring.
    At any rate, I'm exhausted - that amber liquid is getting desperately thin, and by the time he's through with it, he'll be through with me, too.
    So excuse me, now won't you?

--

One horse, from one kingdom. Friendly steal. If I am deemed successful, the horse I am stealing will come say hello the Nerine, get better acquainted.
    [Image: scorch2.png]
    Smoke (Smoak) on his tongue, an apology too: doesn't he know I kissed cigarettes before any man?
    Amber liquid swirling in a glass (Hyaline definition: a thing that is clear and translucent like glass). Don't ask me to name it.
    My only comfort (synonym for Solace) is that, in the depths of things, I'll be just another trinket on his shelf of nostalgic play-things,
    Cast aside when my cries stop being cute and start being pitiful.
    And ah, the oaken (Smoak) shelf does creak: weighted down by its many toys, all of us crying, all of us pitiful.
    Smooth sailing (Hyaline definition: especially a smooth sea or a clear sky) for all of us, eh ladies? Nothing like that slap to the face to remind us of our places. Yeah. Very reassuring (Solace definition/synonym).
    At any rate, I'm exhausted (Smoke synonym - exhaust) - that amber liquid is getting desperately thin, and by the time he's through with it, he'll be through with me, too.
    So excuse me, now won't you?

Ready to be judged.
    [Image: scorch2.png]
    Unsuccessful.

The clues for Smoak don't really work. Smoke or Smoak is okay, but the other two don't work. In the second clue, you use only part of Smoak's name with no indication that it's only part of a name, so no one would be able to taken "oaken " and translate that to part of Smoak's name. And using exhausted to be the equivalent of exhaust as a definition of Smoak also doesn't work. Exhausted in that context means tired, not the exhaust coming from something.