• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A God's Creation [Any]

With age came the increased need to venture farther from the security that bound her daily.  Restricting her curious mind and hindering her free spirit.  Just shy of a year old, she was no longer dependent on her mother for food.  The sleek form of her frame was well kept by the nutrition of the dried grasses hidden under a blanket of snow.  The brittle chill was loosening ever so slightly upon the lands and with it came a need to wander.  

Never go near the golden forests or the sea, was her fathers warning ringing in her ears.  Each stretch of her dark legs bringing her nearer to the very place he said she should never go.  Aqua eyes look at the nearing treeline of reds and oranges.  Even in the long months of winter they remained bright.  It peaked her curious nature.  What could possibly be so bad about the forests? She pauses at the starting of the dense forests.  Eyes peering into the depths before one hoof reaches after the next.  Moving her under it's colorful canopy.

Her eyes cast upwards to watch the kaledioscope of hues above her.  A gentle crunch underfoot of dried leaves was the only immediate sound.  Progressing with caution but wonder...  

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

-She wore a smile like a loaded gun-

She was growing more familiar with these dense woods every day, learning the subtle paths that wound across the kingdom. Her kingdom. Or queendom, perhaps, as there was no king to speak of living here. Gilt wings spread slightly to absorb what heat made its way to the forest floor, she meandered along a path which would bring her close to the border. One day, there would be a patrol, but for now she took on the responsibility herself. As much as she could, with her engorged belly and aching joints. Any day now, her child would be making its appearance.

Breathing with gentle exertion, she came to a pause at the crest of a little ridge. When snow began to melt, the canal below would transform into a cheerful creek. For now, though, it was filled only with crisp leaves. Moments passed  as Sabra simply breathed in the serenity of it all. Until a quiet pattern of hoofbeats interrupted the birdsong. Looking up the dry creekbed, she saw the source of the muffled clatter. A dark girl was making her way deeper into Sylva, with an air of a child looking to get away with some mischief. Even so, she seemed distracted by the sheer loveliness of the area. It was an emotion Sabra shared. This corner of Sylva had quickly become a favorite of the young queen's, and she couldn't wait until the creek flowed once more.

Watching a little longer, the small mare decided to make her presence known. With a delicate toss of her head, she slid down the bank carefully, coming to a rest before the dark lass. "Hello there. I don't think I've seen you around before. Welcome to Sylva." She spoke with her wings flared just so. Crystal blue eyes watched the girl carefully, waiting to see how she'd decide to explain herself. The shimmering woman was no stranger to trouble, and had nothing against helping others cause it, but this land was now her responsibility, and precautions must be taken when due. 

Sabra

@[Deiti]

With her thoughts lost to the splendor of the trees, she didn't hesitate a moment more.  With a cheerful giggle she kicked up her heels and darted about the forest.  Leaves of old uplifted behind her.  Creating a tell tale trail of her arrival.

Had she listened to her father she wouldn't have found such a vast playground.  There was nothing frightening about these woods.  Her slender body dipped under low hanging branches and wizzed through a maze of pillars.  All along laughing to herself.  

She slowed to a dainty trot and in a few lengths a brisk walk.  Her icey gaze returning to the blanket above her.  Teeny song birds twittered a lovely song.  Soon she was humming along words to fill the void, "Where the warm breeze blows, there is a song everyone knows..." Her sweet melody is lost to the sudden flight taken by the colorful avian.  She stops to watch them, too naive to know why they had quieted.  

Hello there... 

Those were the only words she hears as her body lifts skyward.  Sending her body reeling backwards, she lands hard on her rump.  Tiny hooves scrap for traction as she attempts to turn and high tail it home... That is until her sapphire eyes befall upon the angelic beauty before her.  In a moment of panic and confusion, she pauses to see a kind face bidding her for answers.  A nervous smile finds her lips as she quickly compiles an answer, "Oh, H...hi.  I... I'm Deiti." She offers a more convincing smile.

Slowly regaining use of her limbs, she rises.  Remnants of her fall clung to her ashy coat.  A quick flicker of her lengthening ebony tail dusts the debris from her rump.  A single fore-hoof lifts to attempt a step forwards.  Her eyes focused on the mares face.  With her childish enthusiasm she voices, "You don't look scary at all! My daddy said NEVER go into those red forests. NEVER Deiti.  And never go near the ocean." She leans forward slightly to whisper a secret to the mare, "He said it's VERY dangerous..." 

Retracting herself from the mares personal space, a puzzled look crosses her face.  There wasn't a second pause for the mare to wonder why, before the childs inquisitive mind forces another question from her lips, "What's your name?!" The tone of her voice filled with excitement to meet a new friend.  Barely unable to contain a slight prance of her forelimbs as she waits... 

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Sabra] ok. That's wordy too... Sorry!
    -Sabra girl, clouding my view-

Watching the little creature make her way, a carefree tune lighting the woods, Sabra couldn't help but smile. This girl was off on her own adventure, but the woman knew she had to intervene. She just wasn't expecting her greeting to create quite such a dramatic reaction. Blinking in surprise, and with a little smirk, she let the dark child collect herself. After a moment, her stuttered introduction broadened the smirk into a true smile.

Brimming with frothy exuberance, the stream of giddy chatter drew a shade of concern over the chance meeting. "Hello Deiti. My name is Sabra, and these woods are home to myself, and a few others." She glanced back at the amber and bronze forest surrounding them, fondness in her eyes. "I can't say I know what your father was meaning, about them being dangerous, but I'm sure he has his reasons, miss Deiti. He wouldn't happen to know where you are now, would he?" She asked, tone a bit more serious now.

The girl had spunk, that was undoubtedly true. One day, Sabra would love to have a girl with such fire in her kingdom. For now, though, she was young, and obviously cared about. She bobbed her genteel head a bit as an idea struck her. "Your family might be worried about you, and it's not right to scare them that way. But if you wish to continue playing here, feel free to bring your father back with you. Perhaps what frightens your father no longer lives here, and we may put his fears to rest." She suggested, thinking this to be a fair compromise between Deiti's adventurous spirit and her father's concern. It also wouldn't hurt to know her kingdom's neighbors just a bit better.   

Sabra

@[Deiti]