• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Beauty and Rage [Deiti]

Kuma

Her lungs burn in the same way they had during her escape from Sylva. They feel heavy beneath her rib cage, they heave in and out, trying to keep up with the pace she is going. The organ under her breast thumps loudly in her ears. But she does not care about anything other than finding her daughter, wherever in the forest she may be. 

She is not angry so much as worried, and she feels the pinch of regret for raising her voice. Deiti does not understand that her yelling was not because she was mad but because she was scared. If something happened to the dark girl, she would feel that guilt for the rest of her life. 

Then a scared little voice emerges from the shadows, and Kuma stops. "Help!" It screeches, and the chestnut mare would know that voice from anywhere. 

"Deiti?" Kuma yells back, pushing her way through heavy undergrowth and twisting vines until she sees her. "Deiti!" A shout, and she canters over, grabbing the small girl and pulling her to her chest in relief. "Oh, my girl, how you scared me." She murmurs, unwilling to let go until the beating of her heart subsides.

All my flowers grew into thorns

@[Deiti]

As she had ran with tear filled eyes the look of horror on her sisters face was engraved in her mind.  But she continued to run, even when she scraped her shoulder on the cragged edges of a boulder.  Thorny vines wrapping around her delicate limbs as she pushed through the brush.  She didn't care she was hurting.  Bleeding. She deserved it...didn't she.

Nothing good will come from letting her live!

The words rang in her ears like a distant memory.  So distant she couldn't place where it had come from.  Maybe a nightmare that caused her sleepless nights? 

Finally she couldn't run no longer and when she collected herself she was lost.  Pleads for help squeaked from her weak voice.  The summer sun was dipping low and soon nightfall would be upon her.  A nervous patter forms inside her as she frantically looks about.

-

What seemed like ages but could have only been an hour she hears a rushing through the brush.  The chestnut spotted form of her mother appearing with relieved words.  Her tears begin to roll down her cheek again as her momma pulls her in tight. Emotions overflow as she confesses, "I'm sorry Mama! I didn't mean to hurt Embark.  I promise I didn't!" Her words were as true as they could possibly be.  With her finishing words she buries her dark face into her mother's breast, sobbing uncontrollably.

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Kuma] the time lapse is her meeting Dante for now.  Not sure what will happen in that thread though.