• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lior;
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    The summertime always seems to highlight Nerine. With the bright sunlight reflecting off the waves and the beach grass swaying with the sigh of the wind, Nayl stands alone in silence to drink it all in. The weeks have passed quickly since resigning from the throne. Her heart still flutters each morning when she remembers her daily routine. The uncertainty stops her and clouds her judgment until reminding herself that this is retirement, this is her life now.

Nayl waits until the rising sun no longer kisses the horizon before turning her back and slowly meandering toward the familiar caves. Her autumn eyes sweep across the shoreline and cliffside with a calm familiarity. She is at peace here; this is her haven. What had initially been a slab of land, a place Nayl despised, has become a home. It became a place where her name was mounted in history, where she found love, and where she created a family.

Nerine is her life and legacy.

A lackadaisical yawn stretches open her mouth as she approaches the mouth of his frequented cave. The musk of his scent hooks her immediately and lures her into his embrace, drawn together like magnets. ”Lior,” she has always enjoyed the taste of his name and how sweet it is on her tongue, ”my love.” Her body melts into his seamlessly, her eyes drifting shut when her cheek presses to his thick neck. ”We’ve done well to raise a young Queen,” their daughter will find her place and settle in nicely, ”but I’m not sure where our son has wandered off to.” Once, she would never have let him escape her sight, but now? Now, he is an adult and is most often away from his familial cluster in Nerine.

former queen
    daughter of covet & myrina

@[Lior]