• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~
    Exclamation 

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there...
    dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before...
    Loving with a love that was more than love
    - Edgar Allen Poe
    She takes a deep breath closing her eyes allowing the salty wind whip across her face. This is it, this is the day that her mother would be proud of, if she could be present for it. Hestia had hoped that Isobell would at least be able to make it one last time for this meeting; making this shift of power smooth. It seems however that the ex-queen had taken off right after telling Hestia that she would be taking the young woman’s place. Honestly Hestia had been utterly shocked, there wasn’t a day in her life that she had even dared to think she would ever achieve this status in any kingdom, much less the one founded by the Amazonian kingdom of her birth. Letting the breath out, she turns her back towards the ocean and raises her head in order to trumpet the strongest call her lyrical voice can manage. The declaration of her voice is picked up by the winds carrying it across the land of Nerine.

She waits knowing the females and males of the kingdom will come crawling out of their cozy homes for this. It’s an urge that most can’t resist. They must know what is happening to their lands, even those who prefer to keep to themselves have a tendency to be tickled with curiosity when a shift in power occurs. The black hag has watched enough shifts of power to know how this goes. Promises of change, hope that things will be better with the new ruler, fear that the ruler will fail. Annoyance that the previous leader is gone; be it because of loss of familiarity, loss of peace in the land; or loss of strength. Whatever one leader brings another will not be the same. Speeches of how honored they are to be receiving this position. It’s a whirlwind of change and emotions that many grow tired and bored of. How much time has passed since the creation of Nerine? How many rulers has already ghosted through? Could this kingdom really be called stable at this time? Only the people could decide that.

Hestia can’t say that she has stars in her eyes, or big ideas of how she’s going to make these horses into something more. Being something more than they are is going to take all of their efforts. Not just her. So what business does she have ruling? Well its really quite simple, as a leader the only goal she has is to inspire them to want to be more than they are. Its not a want as in, by magic things get better, but she is going to try to plant that desire in them to put in the effort to make things better. It doesn’t sound like much, but its all she can do in this magic-less land. She can’t bring back the glory of the Amazons, but they can still be the loved/feared warriors who think and act as one unit. In fact they may become more true in their commitment than her old sisters because these ones must toil and strive for what they desire.  

The wind picks up her forelock covering one of the leafy colored eyes. Finally, when the majority of the residents are present. She takes one more moment of silence waiting for any chatter to die down, and their attention to be centered on the task at hand. Welcome and thank you for coming , she attempts to lock eyes with each horse. She may not be smiling, but her greeting isn’t cold or filled with the typical venom she is accustomed to using when addressing others. These are not strangers, these are the people that she will care for to the point of giving the little of her life that remains for them. Our beloved queen Isobell has left; but before she did she asked me to take her place. She pauses taking a breath, there it’s out, some probably have already heard rumors about this. Others it may be a shock. Giving them a moment to absorb she continues There was a time I would have only addressed the sisters of the land. Men had only been a means to an end. Today would have been one of rituals and celebrations, Beqanna would have been present and mingling amongst us. Unbreakable bonds of unity would have been formed. We would have thought as a single organism, sensing the land, the land sensing us. Communion between all living things would have been ours for the taking. Beqanna would have branded us with her favor. Times have changed however, and this is not the Jungle, you are not the sisters of old, Beqanna will not take form and join us this day. She pauses once more letting her words sink into each of their minds. The scars left behind from the day that the vines and the red rose had been ripped from her right foreleg and chest. Beqanna had destroyed the Jungle that day along with the connection the sisters had held with it, and torn their spirit animals from their souls. These scars are her only reminder that, that world had ever existed. As much as it saddens her, as much as she wishes Beqanna would take shape and bless them with her presence, Hestia knows that this will not be. She had already been to the mountain in attempt to bring something… anything back from the days of old. But Beqanna determined them not worthy. This is probably a more painful topic for her then most of the soul’s present. She can’t let them believe that they are anywhere close to being the kingdom they used to be, because apathy has a habit of breeding when comfort is all there is.

When she believes that they have had sufficient time to consider her words and the reality of who they are not to sink in, she continues. She holds her head a little higher looking from one horse to another before stepping forward. Moving among them she extends her nose to each individual, looking into their eyes as she exchanges air and touch, familiarizing herself with their scents. Yet another thing she must sacrifice for the kingdom. She has never liked touching others, but today they must realize that this is the only way they can connect with one another. This will be how they can heal from their losses. As she continues to meander through the kingdoms horses her voice grows stronger with the conviction she holds in her soul. What you are, is stronger, kinder, more understanding. You survived a dying world. You banded together and took in those that had lost their homes. The sisters lost their way and became dependent on those gifts Beqanna bestowed. You don’t need those gifts to be the warriors I know you can be. To love and protect the land, and love and protect each other. I am not going to make you try to be who they were, I am going to try and show you who you can be. She halts when she gets to the last individual, startling herself with how open she is being. She schools her features before the moment can be noticed; they just wouldn't understand. Walter is most likely the only one that knows how much pain she experiences in expressing her thoughts and allowing the physical touch to her skin. It is almost enough to make her shy away from the responsibility that has been placed on her. If you are looking for promises and hope, I’m not the one to ask for that. It’s up to each one of you to unite and work for the power I know you are capable of. She quiets her voice, I’m just here to show you the way. She stops, allowing an opening for anyone to speak who wished to. She holds no malice towards them, but she knows they are capable of being much more than what they are. The old hag finds herself determined to bring it out of them. When all quiets and they are ready to move on to business she begins again giving them things to do that may help the kingdoms stability.

There are many positions open, and I do hope they will be filled rather quickly. As usual recruiting is open for anyone to take part in and is always encouraged. Anyone wanting to accompany me to the other kingdoms is welcome to volunteer. If there is a particular kingdom you would prefer to accompany me to please let me know, otherwise I will be dividing volunteers into groups. She stops allowing them to question, volunteer or whatnot. When things on that front are wrapped up she gives them their next option, The fighting pen is open to all the kingdom, warrior training takes place there, and if you choose to be a part of it you are declaring yourself open to partner up in mock battles, and available for friendly challenges. She hopes it makes sense and once more quiets to allow those who desire to be a part of this to speak up. And any questions they may have to be asked.  

Hestia
    ©Photo by Stanislav Istratov

OOC:

Okay so basically fighting pen is open for anyone wanting to mock and or challenge one another within the kingdom and with any allies that wish to participate. This does give promotion points as a regular mock/challenge would. Random training sessions may be announced, and anyone in the fighting pen will be automatically entered, if you wish to withdraw/enter/away status PM me.

Going to be posting threads to try and gain allies in other kingdoms after the current quest is finished. Let me know if you would like to be a part of this and list the kingdom you would like to help with.

Also as is now required we need a champion, anyone wishing to throw their hat in the ring include it in an OOC note at the end of your reply.

thanx lovelies! <3 let me know if you have any questions.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Something stirred in the kingdom a change rippled through like a stone being cast into the sea. The smaller waves leading to the larger force that crashed upon the beach. A call went up from some distant place carried itself over the kingdom. It would seem it was the time for another gathering. It seemed that Nerine was a kingdom of nothing but meetings, whining, and hiding. The residences came and went with the tide almost.  
    There was an energy in the air and it carried, along with the voice as it went out calling them all to gather.
    Spring had come to Nerine the flowers and grasses sprung to new life that was sure to fade with the coming of summer but, then the summer plants would overtake. The sea cleared in the springtime and looked inviting to those that would play within it.

Ardashir could not hold himself higher than anyone in the matter of activity or slipping into the background to just exist. The call came and like always he was loyal and came to it joining the others at the gathering. He listened to this new queen. The white stallion was not surprised by the fact that Isobelle had seemingly run off. The scents of interlopers and strangers had been in the air for months. He thought to himself that maybe that is why he had sought out a quiet place for himself alone almost on the edge of the kingdom. The young stallion had no idea how to make Nerine a better place. He should go out and try to get other mares or stallions to join that would be a good start. He flicked his tail slowly as Hestia the black mare talked to them all.  

He had not known that his home had once been a place only for women. Or, had he heard something like this before in a speech from another? Ard was not sure anymore but nevertheless he still listened. The history of the kingdom and the lands of beqanna might be offered up to him so he could learn more. Hestia mentioned Isobell leaving. Ard only flicked his ears and might have twitched his nostrils some at the news. He did not know Isobell well enough to make any judgement on her but, a queen should not just walk away. He had to think back on that a moment though. Her mother had done the same thing just walked away and left the girl queen so, maybe this was just a pattern repeating. He hoped for change with Iso and he found himself wanting to cling to the same thought as Hestia talked.

Hestia talked about the old world and Ard looked around wondering who like the new black queen had been part of that world. He took note of how there might have been a hint of sadness in her speaking of the old but, that might have been his own mind placing emotions where they did not belong. He could not stop himself as the mention of positions came up once more as it had in the other meetings. He let a soft hiss slip past his front teeth before silencing himself and standing at attention. He would fight for this place if any here could prove to him that is was worth fighting for. He had seen two queens just up and walk away from Nerine so if they cared so little about this place why should care.

She mentioned though an opportunity to accompany her to other kingdoms. Ard pricked his ears forward to that verse. Hestia also mentioned the fighting pit and Ard would be sure to throw his flesh into that hole as well.  The time came for the end of the speaking on the queens behalf and the floor was opened to those that gathered. Ard did not step forward at once but waited a moment for others to perhaps offer up their voices.  The young stallion offered his voice to the air when it seemed the right amount of time. “ I will fight and train in the ways of combat. But, seeing two queens simply just walk away from our Kingdom has left some of us with a bit of a bitter sting.” He was honestly not sure about his own words. “ Though I could be wrong and, those among us here could just not care who leads and who promises what. I will fight for this kingdom as long as those that lead will fight for it as well.” He looked to Hestia, “ I will go with you if you will take me to the other kingdoms as well. I need teaching and I want to see this world I was left in.” He stepped forward as he looked at the black queen, “ If you would have me and teach me. I will serve you for as long as you serve Nerine and the people that call her home.” He did not bow his head like he had with the other queens but, it was not out of disrespect

Ardashir
    The blue in an ocean of grey..

OOC- Ard does not have a kingdom of preference to visit but he would like to help out in going. Also, throwing him into the fighting pit cause he needs training there as well. 

I would like to throw his name into the hat for Champion if I may.
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Hestia, she was lucky. To have had her mother close during the time of transition - to hear the words coming from her very lips, that the crown shall now belong to her daughter. Scorch couldn't even begin to imagine such a scenario. Her own mother - faux mother, that is - treated Scorch as coldly as if she were manly scum during her childhood. The then-khaleesi hadn't time for children she did not love, and it pained Scorch to no end. Perhaps it was for the better, however. For it was that urgent sense of need to make Echion proud that drove Scorch's every action, every decision, every thought. It was because of Echion's cruelty that, over years of fierce loyalty and dedication, Scorch followed in her mother's footsteps and assumed the throne.

The Amazonian throne.

Heartfire, granddaughter; long months ago they had reunited, the day of Scorch's reincarnation. That day, her progeny had mentioned this land - this Nerine - this Amazons reborn. It was questionable at best if the mare still dwelt here - Scorch had taken her sweet time in arriving. But her timing, nonetheless, was perfect - for as her ugly, scarred legs carried her across the Nerinian border, a summons was loudly issued from the bowels of the land.

She smiled. Every part of her rejoiced. It felt right to be here - as if the spirit of the Leopard walked alongside her, guiding her way.

The sound of the ocean greeted her far before the chatter of the gathered residents, but it is warning enough that she slows her footsteps and draws silently closer until she is just outside of their sights. Flicking an eyelid across her molten orange eyes (so like the tattoos that used to adorn her ugly, mutilated body), the dragon-eyed mare observed those gathered through heat vision. Separated from the others stands a woman, who Scorch took to be the Queen by her posture and isolation. Before long, that self same mare began speaking, welcoming the crowd.

Welcome her.

Her spiel was long - as long as Scorch's would have been, in her place. Her tongue rolled over the name of yet another ghosted leader, another name to be forgotten in history. Next she referenced the Amazons of old - the kingdom - the meetings - the family - the heart of it all. Scorch felt her innards twist. What she wouldn't give to return to that time. To the tattoos, the rituals, the swearing in of young ones, the business of a thriving kingdom life. Here, life seemed to be dwindling. Her skin twitched.

This is not the Jungle, you are not the sisters of old, Beqanna will not take form and join us this day." As if on cue, the filmy shadow of the Leopard dissolved beside her. In the storm of her feelings, Scorch could not be sure whether she had imagined the figure or not - but regardless, she sent a silent prayer to the gods, thanking them for their benevolence. For Beqanna - even in this form.

Silence fell, for a time. A well placed pause, a time to reflect upon the words she had spoken. Memories of better times play in Scorch's mind, images of beloved lifelong sisters and friends. Kagerou, Malka, Brunhilde, Lagertha, Asterix, Quark. Every name, every face, in these silent moments did resurface, bringing on fresh waves of sadness and mourning. The place where her rose tattoo once sat burned, burned like the fire that once deformed her so mightily.

Gods, how I wish you hadn't taken so cruelly from us. From me.

The silence was broken then, and Scorch glanced up from her bent position to watch as the Queen began slowly traversing between her subjects, touching each of them, sharing her scent and creating a bond that, in a way, mimicked the bond of the sisterhood. Scorch appreciated the gesture, despite not being the recipient of one. In time, she would come to know the Queen, and that bond would be created between them, too.

When the prattle of regular kingdom business came to an end, the once-khaleesi considered her options. She could announce her presence to the kingdom and claim the center of attention (something the younger, far more impulsive and dramatic Scorch would have done in a heartbeat, and something that she did truly consider standing there in the shadows), or she could drift into the background and introduce herself to Hestia at a later time. One hoof lifted in genuine indecision, Scorch bit her lip and thought, teetering between revelation and secrecy. Her eyes blinked.

As her figure melted further into the background (close enough to listen, far enough to ensure her hidden nature), something queer occurred. Summoning her powers, the mare focused on this Queen. Without warning, light flashed around the mare's black head, a small amount, not enough to draw the crowd's attention. The filmy strands, white and glossy, floated for a moment, dancing like stars around the Queen's eyes. Then, they gently floated into her ears, dispersing a message therein:

Hello, Hestia. Well done on your first kingdom meeting - the Jungle would be proud. I am too.
    Find me, tomorrow, in this same place. You won't be disappointed.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]
    volcan
    Burn slow, burning up the back wall
    Long roads, where the city meets the sky
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear will not die

Nerine stunk of salt. She must stink to them too, of grass and trees and everywhere and nowhere-in-particular. Once she would’ve smelt of hot sand and dry grass, wildfire sm.rs have. Perhaps with time the scent of salt and mud and fish will cling to her, too, mark her as one of their own. That is the mark of the Amazons these days, salt and wind and seaspray. It is not what she ought to have, but it is as close as she is ever going to get.

The call of Hestia burns through her musings. The roan mare’s attention is sparked - a kingdom meeting… How long had it been? For a moment, she considered not going… considers staying out here by the dunes and the sea, inconspicuous and quiet. The wind roars in her hollow ears, cat-like. She thinks of leopards and red roses and climbing vines, and stirs herself, sets off to find Hestia.

There is a small gathering already assembled, including a strange, bald-looking horse that could look familiar, but Volcan cannot place her. She wastes no time in taking a place close to the black mare. She feels out of place, a flame on dry grass, but she remains as still and quiet as possible, ignores the anxiety eating her upwards and out, concentrates instead on a small patch of grass which sways as fast her heart beats (despite the lack of wind).

Hestia’s speech is rousing. Volcan devours her words about the Amazons hungrily, greedily. She can only imagine what it must have been like, in the old days, to be a part of something like that. It extended far beyond regular kinship and familiarity; it was an unbreakable magical bond that they shared… with each other, with their land. That magic they will recreate here, in this land of salt and grey seabirds, and this time… Volcan is here. She will not miss out. Hestia’s speech is kindling, and her passion grows, emboldened. As Hestia touches her she nods her appreciation, her eyes aglow with possibility. Hope.

”I will fight.” she volunteers, her voice steady, a little quiet. ”I will fight and do whatever is needed. Congratulations, Hestia, I daresay that the position is not undeserved.”

She nods, her chin held high (defiantly high, almost daring them to disagree with her). She is shaking now, trembling with excitement and fear, but she is more stubborn than she is anxious. She will prove herself to Hestia, she will prove herself to them all.

ooc: Hello this is Jaya, I have taken over playing Volcan ^_^ Hope this is okay!
    I'd like for her to be considered for Champion. She'll also go in the fighting pen
    She's also willing to go on visits to other kingdoms though preferably only accompanying someone who can do all the speaking!!

<3