• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll Bring You to Paradise [Solace/Fernweh/Any]
    I existed because I dreamed
    Winter had overtaken much of the land, and I find myself overwhelmed by it. My coat keeps me warm, but it never seems to keep me comfortable enough when the bitter winds bite at my sides, I shiver for a moment, then look back to the two friends I have come to make. 

The journey had taken awhile, but it was actually rather fun. I don't recall the last time I had ever done something I enjoyed, but with Solace and Fernweh by my side, it gave me a reason to. When we emerge on the Hyaline border, all I could see was fantastic mountains as the eye could see. I take a deep breath of the fresh mountain air, then look over to my traveling companions. 

"This is Hyaline," I state simply, giving Solace a smile. "Isn't it beautiful?" My heart swells; travelling had been in my blood, seeing the world was always something I loved doing. Part of me doesn't want to see our excursion end, but the other knows that Solace has something she is looking for, and she must find it here. 
    Scissorhands

@[Solace] @[Fernweh]

Smile
    Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Solace

The mountain air is different.
    There is no humidity, it is crisp and light and as she drinks deeply of it, her nose burns from the cold. Tephra's air was thick and spicy, but she had never known this - not until she drank the pure mountain air. 

She remains speechless, for a moment, as she takes in the view. Her thin Tephran's coat is no match against the winter chill, yet she does not feel the bite of the cold. Birds she has never seen before float lazily in thermals above them, and in the distance, a lone would howls. Finally, the young mare turns her pale face and wide blue eyes to her companions. 

"It is," she agrees with the stallion.  Her gaze is drawn back to the crystalline lake, set like a gem between the many mountains roots. Thoughts of her mother are inevitable now - she had loved this place to an extent which sometimes made Solace uncomfortable. To see the backdrop of so many of her childhood stories leaves her at a loss for words. But instead of searching for the next question and feeling anxious about saying the right thing, she simply is still, soaking in the magnificent landscape. 

She didn't know much about Scissorhands, but she felt comfortable enough to simply be. The buckskin girl takes several deep breaths of this new wild air before turning to him and offering him a gentle smile. 

"Thank you for coming with me." She says to both of them. "What do you plan to do now?" 

She knew what she had to do, she had to fin Amet... and then hopefully, Svedka. 

you are my sunshine

@[Fernweh] @[Scissorhands]
    Solghostdoll2

Fernweh followed the two other horses on their journey. She smiled at the sight of the land as she watched Scissorhands and Solace. She said "I am not sure what I am planning on doing next. Maybe I will call this place Home." She hadn't thought of what she would have done once she had gotten here. The bay mare looked around the land and sighed at its beauty.
    I existed because I dreamed
    My coat is thick, the cold no match for my breed description. I tower over the other two beside me, and as I look over Hyaline's beautiful landscape, a feeling of dread washes over me. 

It was over. 

The journey with my two companions, leading them to where they needed to go, gone in a split second. I look to Solace longingly, a sigh escaping my lips - the first horse to approach me without fear was about to find where she belonged. 

But where did I fit in?

I didn't know much about either, all I knew is I appreciated the time we had spent. The girls are captivated by Hyaline, but all I feel is sadness. When Solace asks where Fernweh and I may go, the bay mare replies promptly that she may stay. 

Should I stay too?

Hazel eyes linger on Solace. I am quiet, thoughts racing about my head. I had never had a permanent home or herd...it had always just been me and my father, roaming the world together. But now he was gone, and where was I to go?

"I don't know," I answer truthfully, looking down and pawing the white fluff beneath my hooves. "Do you think the leader of this place would allow me a chance?" 
    Scissorhands

@[Solace] @[Fernweh]
    Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Solace

Solace's attention returns to the bay mare as she lays out her tentative plans. She is glad to see the the other mare has such similer feeling to her own, judging by her contented sigh. When Fern is finished, her her cerulean gaze floats back to Scissorhands, expectantly.

She doesn't realize how much she had been hoping for a similar answer from the stallion until she reads the heavy uncertainty in his face. Her own smile falters as she watched the lines of his face furrow, and then his hazel eyes meet hers.

I don't know. 

She looks away, a little embarrassed. He warned her -  it's her own fault she got her hopes up - that a wanderer would do something counter to his very nature. 

Do you think the leader of this place would allow me a chance?

Was that his only reason for hesitation? Her eyes fly back to his. She had known Amet from nearly the time of her birth, not as a King, but as a family friend - she had never seen anything other than kindness from him.  "I'm sure Amet would!" Her hopes rise again, maybe she would have three familiar faces in this new land. "My mother said he wants to turn this land into a Sanctuary," and that last word is spoken with a sort of nieve reverence. 

you are my sunshine

@[Fernweh]
    Solghostdoll2

Fernweh smiled softly at the the two other horses. She wasn't sure what to say to Scissorhands when he asked Solace if the leader would accept him. She would think that the leader would accept him. The bay mare was excited to know what this land and this journey would bring her way. She hoped that everything would work out for Scissorhands.

OOC: Sorry for the late reply and short post