• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m still waiting for the world to end; ALL KINGDOM, MANDATORY
    Exclamation 
    fiasko
    It’s time.  

She steps nervously out from under the shade of the Mother Tree, where she’s been spending the morning trying to gather the nerve.  The votes are in, the decision has been made.  It’s up to her and Mast now to step up to the plate.

Raising her voice (likely louder than it’s ever been), she calls to them, those few members of the Gates.  They had raised her up, believed in her.  Now it’s time to return that faith.

She nods to each of them in greeting as they join her, saving a shy little smile for Jason when he appears.  And then, when everyone is standing in front of her, she begins.  “Hello everyone.  Mast and I” she nods at the grey stallion, “would like to thank you for your votes, and your faith in the both of us.”  She is surprisingly steady, despite her nerves.  She’s growing into her role already.  “I hope that we can make all of you proud.”

There, that parts done.  She’s accepted her title.  She is Queen Fiasko, though it still sounds odd in her head.

“Now, I’ve called all of you here today, because I would like to hear your opinions as to where the Gates should go from this point forward.  Are there any incentives towards activity you would like to see?  Any alliances you think we should pursue?  Do you think we should continue our alliance with the Chamber?”  Though she does not think that they align well together, she wonders if it would be wise to break off ties with the more powerful kingdom.  But, she would hear the thoughts of the Gates’ members first, before making any important decision.

i'm still waiting for the world to end

Aaalright, I've made this mandatory so that it can serve as an activity check.  If you're away/museless, a one liner will suffice. Smile

Also, let me know where you would like your characters to be in the ranks!

Had you asked him a year ago if he thought he would be in this position, he would have laughed you out of the country. How could he, Mast, the wayward child who once had turkey feet, be something like a king? It was an impossible joke, surely, for it could never be reality. But now it is reality, and the realization is something that will take him time to get used to. Of course he had offered himself to them, but it had been on a whim…he never really expected them to have so much faith in him. He is grateful for the opportunity though, despite the nerves that twist his stomach into knots and the dryness of his mouth. He wants nothing more than to do right by them and by the kingdom that had given so much to him.

He sees Fiasko heading to the center of the kingdom, and with a smile on his face he follows her. Naturally they would have to address their members, and now was as good a time as any. His eyes scan the lands, and they are hurt slightly when they do not see the beautiful face of his Camelia amongst them. He shrugs that off though, knowing she needed time and space to regroup and gather her thoughts without the burden of a kingdom on her shoulders. Finally, Fiasko stops, and he bumps her shoulder with his nose as a form of encouragement. “Yes…thank you all. With your help, we hope very much to do you proud.” he says with a smile. Their numbers might be small, but they were a loyal bunch. He cared for each and every member here, valuing no single horse above another one. “This is also a good time to address the castes, war and peace. We all need to chose where we want to go, though I will say that I think it would be valuable for all of us to learn something about each caste.” he says thoughtfully. It was true, he knew little to nothing about battling, but he would certainly like to learn even if he was dreadful at it. “As far as alliances go, I’ll admit that being allied with the Chamber has always made me slightly uncomfortable. However, I’m not in favor of severing ties just yet. I’d like to find out where they stand with everyone else.” His voice is serious now, a change for the often times whimsical stallion.

mast

be my asleep at last

She had her face half buried in a particularly tasty patch of sweet grass. This place was, she didnt know... Okay, Okay, it was delicious.

Delicious. Everything here was the most succulent thing she had ever had luck to graze. Summer had been kind to the land, and she was happier than a pig in a puddle. Of course to say, Wichita was elated. The call interrupted her chow session,but there was always time for eating. Wichita's form had finally filled out, her pelt was glossy and vibrant. No longer the dull color of soot, but glossy and endless like a moonless sky. Not a single burr had remained in her golden tresses either, all of them having found their way out long ago it seemed. If only the memories could feel far away like that too. She shook her mane, no time for that now, she had places to be. Fiasko was the new Queen, and the male Mast, she thought it was would lead with her. Wichita couldn't be more pleased, she thought them both very kind, and smart. She was sure they would prosper under the care of that duo, they just had to.

The Gates had been pretty lonely aside from their small herd, or at least she had felt that way. Perhaps only because she had come from such a large family, but it was in fact lacking for members..even for a small herd. She found her way easily enough, the Mother Tree was the first place she had memorized the path to, it branches smiling up towards the sky. It made her happy as well, just being in its presence, and today an added bonus of her herd mates company.She whickered happily to Fiasko and Mast, coming up between them, she sought a warm touch as was usual. Her banner flicked around happily, her auds twitching at the gnats that littered the warm summer breeze. After her quick cuddles, she made her way back around facing them and taking a more appropriate place among the gathering.

A caste? Oh drat, she hadn't put much thought into this, not as much as she should have anyways. For certain she didn't want to be in the War caste. Wichita though at times sassy, was not feral enough to harm others. She had known too much pain herself to inflict physical damage to the form of another, so what did that leave her? Peace. Pretty words, and cunning to be sure. She didn't know if that was right for her either, she was friendly enough true. Perhaps, too friendly to some, but it was her nature and she enjoyed finally being free to express herself.

"Well, I think I ought to join the Peace cast then."she gave though, her tone did not express certainty. "As far as our alliances, I know little of the other lands, but I know I wouldn' want to be on the wrong end of those Chamber folks." She looked a bit concerned, it was odd to be of the light, and to side with those who were of the shadows. "Aint that saying 'If you can't beat 'em join 'em?'" She wasn't sure if they had much of a choice really, if the sides were to go to blows they were like to be slaughtered.

The official announcement could not have come sooner. It was time that fresh blood reigned over the Gates, and Jason responded to the new queens call with zero hesitation. The mother tree was what he first saw when he reached the gathering. A brief chill ran down his spine forcing his hooves to an abrupt stop far away from its’ roots. The trees magical presence in the Gates felt oddly polarizing to Jason. It almost felt as if the tree itself was not welcoming of his kind, which caused him to grow a bit uneasy beneath its branches.

Upon spotting Fiasko Jason sent a warm smile of encouragement her way. The authority in her voice was clear. She was doing perfectly well. Mast spoke next, and Jason merely listened. The young stallion did just fine although he would never be equal to Fiasko in Jason’s eyes. Mast spoke of the cast system and the importance of the members position within them. Jason hadn’t put much thought as to where he fit, but he had always been more of a talker.

Jason wasn’t the first to answer the rulers questions instead it was the spunky mare, Wichita, that Jason had met in the field. His head turned over to her when she spoke and he grinned to himself. Wichita had surely cleaned up nicely. ”I agree with Wichita. Fiasko and I spoke to their prince Erebor and they seemed quite pleasant. I believe with our numbers it is best we keep as many alliances as possible, for now at least. Personally I think I’d make a fine diplomat, but I am happy to serve wherever I am needed”
    jason
    magical son of eol and ashling

{you remind me of the babe}
    Voudou had heard that the little mare Fiasko and the brute Mast were now in charge. No matter; Voudou wasn't much into politics and she scarcely cared who was ruling the land so long as they left her alone for the most part. So when she heard the summon, Voudou grumbled under her breath and supposed she should join the group, just to make sure they weren't going to make her life any more difficult with some new stupid rule. Voudou didn't hold the new leaders in high regard like the other members of this tiny herd seemed to. In fact the black minx quite despised anyone who thought they could control her, though she knew Fiasko hadn't exactly asked for the job, it had been pushed on her.

She moved out, her limbs carrying her massive frame towards the central meeting place of the land, the so-called "Mother Tree". What a silly name for a silly tree. Voudou wasn't all that interested in arriving first, and by the time she arrived the conversation seemed to have started without her, with Wichita addressing the group. Uninterested in being forced to talk, she stayed back a bit, satisfied with lurking in the shadows. Jason was here too, and spoke just as Wichita finished, offering himself a position as a diplomat and suggesting they keep all their alliances. Of course Jason wanted to be a diplomat and go show off his social skills.

Now Voudou had to speak. As she pulled herself forward, landing a spot cozied up next to Jason, the mare spoke, "Well now, let us not forget the reputation the Chamber is known for. A couple of nice equines in a herd doesn't make the group trustworthy." She glances around, finally making eye contact with Fiasko, "How do we know an alliance means anything to them? Rather than stay allied with the herd that could crush us at any moment, would it not be wiser to ally ourselves with enough of the other herds that we discourage all attacks from everyone?"

Voudou didn't actually have a strong opinion one way or the other, but since everyone seemed to be agreeing she had felt it was necessary to throw a wrench in the situation, maybe shake Fiasko's cage a bit. After all, the skittish mare seemed all too comfortable with her new title as queen, it would be a shame if her job proved too easy.
    tags xxx, 405 words.
    notes, _______.
    fiasko
    One by one, they join her. First Mast, then Jason, then much to her surprise, Voudou. Considering the black mare’s words the last time they had met, Fiasko hadn’t expected her to stick around long. She’s glad to see that the mare is still here.

But, finally, they are all gathered. All five of them. It’s a little disheartening to see how small the Gates has become, but the horses before her are an active group, and that’s all that she can ask for.

Each of them step forward in turn, voicing their opinions on their relationship with the Chamber. Mast, Wichita and Jason all seem to agree with her own thoughts, though she has not yet voiced them. And Voudou, well … Voudou just has to be contrary. Though the mare does actually raise some good points.

Finally, it’s time to add her voice back in to the discussion. “I agree that we should continue our relationship with the Chamber. Considering how few of us there are, we should be careful to not make any accidental enemies.” Her eye travels to meet Voudou’s. She has a suspicion that they mare had said some of the things she did with the intention of being irritating, but her points are more than valid. “I do, however, agree with you Voudou. As pleasant as Prince Erebor seemed, we need to be careful. The Chamber has had a reputation of being untrustworthy, and we should be cautious. I think it would be wise to try to ally ourselves with another kingdom as well.” Her eye turns back to scan over Mast, Jason and Wichita. “But what do you think? And who do you think would be best to try to ally with?”

i'm still waiting for the world to end