• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

FLASH. Give me violent revenge fantasies as a coping mechanism. [Dahmer]

I'm an invisible monster,
    and I'm incapable of loving anybody.
    You don't know which is worse.

Smoak had made her own sanity teeter for just a moment. Dahmer was missing, and Smoak's frantic searching made Scyla worried that something was truly wrong. Did she find her brother only to lose him so soon? And so she had agreed to help him search. Smoak knew the common places that Dahmer might be, but Scyla searched the nook and crannies of the beach at first. She found a stale smell of him at the cliffs, but it was mostly washed away by the salt of the ocean. It was worrisome to her when she was wolf paw prints in the sand.

And then the days passed, and Scyla was becoming increasingly convinced that he was playing a game with her. She traveled to the river, and found no clues. She reclused herself, the bubbly, overexuberant puppy that she had been was hard to see in the worried eyes. Had he drowned? Had he finally learned how to use his wings and had left her without saying a word. All the mean things that Desole had ever said to her came flooding back. She was worthless. She was unloveable. She was invisible.

But within a few days, Smoak had found him! Joy renewed she moved towards where he often slept. Yet, instead of the cocky smirk and the 'I told you' words, she found him broken, thin. She found him without his wings. Concern painted her gray face, her lips gently playing with his mane and her eyes scanning him for further injuries. "I missed you. I-I thought you left me..." She didn't have to mention the childhood insecurities. He knew them all too much. "Who did this to you? Where can I find them? I will make them pay!" It was a solemn promise. How would she make a God pay? How much would cursing their name affect them? How could she know?

@[Dahmer]

(Sea-Dog x Desole)
    Half Sister to Dahmer

CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Dahmer's immediate welcome wagon had included Ledger and therefore hadn't been quite so welcoming. All he had wanted to do was find his family, to curl into a ball with Smoak, Scyla, and Ellyse and sleep until the emptiness went away. Carnage had demanded much of the black beast, and now his malnourished body lay hidden beneath the boughs of his favorite thicket, just near the base of the volcano. His newly-wingless frame shifts on the warm earth gingerly, he must still be careful not to put too much weight on his tattered shoulders.

His reunion with Smoak had been so bittersweet. The bone-armored colt had matured in his absence, having been forced to care for the twins (and Scyla, though Dahmer is unsure who would have been the babysitter more often) and cope with the sudden disappearance of both of his parents, but the colt isn't yet too old to pretend that he hadn't been worried sick, and so the blue-eyed stallion had slept with his head flung over Smoak's shoulder as the boy had nestled against his chest.

Tears cling to his bright eyes when Scyla finds him and Dahmer coaxes her to the earth beside him, still wary of standing on his injured limbs. Carnage's brand is pink and irritated in the center of his forehead but the black stallion has taken special care to hide it behind his tousled forelock. He smiles warmly at his sister and he presses his muzzle to her neck in happiness. He had thought that he may never see her again. And he realizes now that she is the only member of his family that Carnage had not made him kill, and as such, the only one that will not cause him flashbacks.

He sighs quietly and closes his blue eyes as he presses his head to her. "I missed you too, Scy," he whispers as his throat tightens, "I will never leave with out you. Never again." The trauma sits heavy in his stomach, uncomfortable and acidic. The steel and ice mare questions who could have done this to him and Dahmer can only frown, though her need to avenge him does reminds him of mother.

"The Dark God. Carnage." He turns his blue eyes to her face and nearly pleads with her, "Promise me that you won't go after him, Scy. Promise me."
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Scyla]

I'm an invisible monster,
    and I'm incapable of loving anybody.
    You don't know which is worse.

Had Scyla known that Ledger was all claws and jaws, she would of confronted the crazed beast. Afterall, maybe their crazies would be recognized by the other. But instead, she finds her brother laying in the dirt, like an injured animal waiting to die. But she wouldn't let him die, not that she was a particularly apt healer. She would do the best she could and if that didn't work, she'd kidnap the best healer in Beqanna to help her out. And if that didn't work, then she'd kill everyone. Carnage. The healer. Whoever stood in her wake. The world did not want to see the wrath of the invisible monster.

She lays down slowly, careful not to touch him too much or touch his wounds. It's only when he presses his muzzle to her neck that she realizes she's been holding her breath. She leans into him, but just enough to be a reassuring presence. "I'll always find you if you do." A promise, and an oath to her brother.

His pleading, it reminded her of a child, a broken child afraid of the monsters under the bed. Although she was the youngest in this moment she was the stability, she was the adult with his fears threatening to leech into hers. She shush him, "Hush Dahmer, I won't. One day he will pay for this though. One day." One of her wings extends over his body, the stark white against the black of his pelt. She shuffles in closer to him, she whispers quietly to him, "You have to sleep now, my dearest brother. Tomorrow will be better. Much, much better." She hoped. She prayed to all the Gods that never heard her before, perhaps even to the Dark God himself. But mostly, she held watch, her eyes sharp, her ears listening incessantly to the smallest noise. The invisible monster would not let another touch her brother.

@[Dahmer]

(Sea-Dog x Desole)
    Half Sister to Dahmer