• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    curiosity killed the cat ||
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    contention and strife; delightful, sweet; my echo (my echo)
    you've achieved a place of high honor (my pearl)
    ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ finer than sand;

visitor of the yucatan (or venezuela?), spain (or the phillipines?)
    brackish waters; asplenium nidus, ericameria pinifolia
    ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ coarser than dust or clay

carmine & ink-like princess (to endure or face without showing fear)
    teach me trigedasleng, commander of the twelve clans;
    let me sail in your schooner, yevfimiy putyatin
    trickster god of the desert (dogon, chaos)

one horse; one territory
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene
    contention and strife; delightful, sweet; my echo (my echo)
    ------ When this phrase is googled, the first option that pops up is a “Think Baby Names” page titled “What does Heda Mean” (Ruler clue #1)

you've achieved a place of high honor (my pearl)
    ------ When you Google “Merida meaning”, the first site that pops up (Nameberry) states that it means “one who has achieved a place of high honor”. The second page option (TheBabyCenter) states that it means “pearl”. (Prize clue #1)

∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ finer than sand;
    ------ When searching for the definition of “Loess”, you will find “yellowish-gray sediment that is ‘finer than sand’ but ‘coarser than dust or clay’” (Land clue #1)

visitor of the yucatan (or venezuela?), spain (or the phillipines?)
    ------ When you search these 4 places at the same time, you will see that each of them has a town named Merida (Prize clue #2)

brackish waters; asplenium nidus, ericameria pinifolia
    ------ Utilizing the description provided for Loess on its herd board, it states ‘fresh and saltwater springs’ (brackish waters); tropical ferns (when googling ‘asplenium nidus’, it is categorized as a tropical fern); and pine brush (when googling ‘ericameria pinifolia’, it is categorized as a type of pine brush’) (Land clue #2)

∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ coarser than dust or clay
    ------ A continuation of the definition of Loess, seen above. The same 4 dots were placed before these fragments to connect them as one (continuation of Land clue #1)

carmine & ink-like princess (to endure or face without showing fear)
    ------ Carmine (red) and ink-like (black) princess. The sentence in parenthesis is the definition of ‘Brave’, the movie in which Merida is the princess. This also refers to Merida’s coloration in-game. (Prize clue #3)

teach me trigedasleng, commander of the twelve clans;
    ------ When googling ‘trigedasleng’, it tells you that it is the language from the show The 100. When googling ‘commander of the 12 clans’, it refers you to The 100 again, and the commanders name: Heda (Ruler clue #2)

let me sail in your schooner, yevfimiy putyatin
    ------ When googling ‘yevfimiy putyatin’, you will see that he designed russi-japanese schooners called Heda’s, and that he was stationed in the Japanese town, Heda (Ruler clue #3)

trickster god of the desert (dogon, chaos)
    ------ When googling this phrase, you will find that Dogon, the trickster god of the desert, is represented by a fox (which, in turn, represents chaos). This refers to Merida’s ability to fox-shift (Prize clue #4)

Dahmer is stealing Merida from Heda of Loess <3

(ps sorry for the font size - my phone is an ass)
    Successful. Excellent use of clues!
    However, since no terms were stated in the steal, this is only valid as a “friendly“ steal, ie no captivity, etc.
    I thought that if it wasn't listed as a friendly steal, it was automatically an "unfriendly" steal with maximum term of captivity unless otherwise noted?
    We apologize for the misunderstanding, but nowhere in the rules or on any board is mention of “no listed terms = max terms”. In fact, the very first rule under the stealing subheading is: “Any applicable terms of the steal, if successful, must be posted in the initial steal post.”

Given that no terms were listed, the steal either has no terms (ie is friendly with no requirements) or invalid.
    Okay, thank you for clarifying. It's easy to get confused with so many to go through.
    you're so down to earth & i'm up in the stars
    so show me the sea & i'll take you to mars